Vols are 20 point underdogs against Auburn

Funny, but I thought the Vols were favored by 20 based on many of the comments on here.

Auburn's offense is based on speed, getting the ball on the corner in the running game and getting the ball to their play makers in space in the passing game. UT's defense is slow, still struggles to line up correctly and have very few great tacklers in space. Auburn's offense will look a lot better against UT because their strengths and tendencies play right into the Vols' weaknesses.

On offense, the Vols will really struggle to block Auburn's front 7. Take the Tigers give the points and take your wife out somewhere nice to eat on Sat night on your winnings.

Last edited:
Not even going to try to figure out if the Vols can cover. This is throw away learning season to change culture and bring in some more talent.

Not even going to try to figure out if the Vols can cover. This is throw away learning season to change culture and bring in some more talent.
Disagree. I think the process of culture change will be quicker if Pruitt wins a couple of SEC games this year, in terms of player and fan buy in.

These are bad mid major lines. It's not hard to believe. It will take better players to get back on the rise. Jones left a roster that leaves a lot to be desired and he knows it. Remember the dude quit on his team with games left last year. He had an option to coach it out and bailed.

These are bad mid major lines. It's not hard to believe. It will take better players to get back on the rise. Jones left a roster that leaves a lot to be desired and he knows it. Remember the dude quit on his team with games left last year. He had an option to coach it out and bailed.

Uhm... I think you’re making that up

Now it is down to 15.5. Not sure who set the opening line but they must have gone back and watched Auburn’s offensive tape this season.

Hopefully with some positive vibes we can get it down to 2 touchdowns before kickoff. Get You Some Of This!!!!

Reactions: 508mikey
I hate to say, but I had lunch with with of my Auburn friends. His comment was Auburn needed an easy win type game to get the team going again.
It's sad these days when UT is considered a "sure" win by most teams in the SEC. He is looking for a 30+ point win for Auburn.

I hate to say, but I had lunch with with of my Auburn friends. His comment was Auburn needed an easy win type game to get the team going again.
It's sad these days when UT is considered a "sure" win by most teams in the SEC. He is looking for a 30+ point win for Auburn.

Well we do have a Clevland Browns owner running our athletic department.

I like your enthusiasm. But winning a couple will improve team mood but not improve the culture. That will take longer.
agreed, but getting a couple w's somewhere along the way not named UNCC would probably boost the confidence level that this crap acutally does work..............."buy in" starts to be a little easier, and at least gets the culture thing a little boost.

I like your enthusiasm. But winning a couple will improve team mood but not improve the culture. That will take longer.
Yeah I can see that. They were talking this morning about coaches not being stubborn, realizing the o line is terrible, and adjust your offense to help improvise. But I don’t think thats gonna happen. I think that the culture is being set of running the ball between the tackles, darn our o line and darn the opposing d line. Although they realize it probably won’t lead to many wins THIS season, they are trying to set the precedent. And I’m okay with that. Not losing intentionally, but setting the stage for the future.

Reactions: hohenfelsvol

VN Store

Back