Vols 9.5 favorites vs SC

I am not used to being favoured in a league match. Sort of scares me 😉

I thought the same thing. Years of being a Vol fan have taught me that anytime we are favored, only bad things happen. Much rather have a game where the line is basically a toss up. The Vols usually play well in those games.

This game and Kentucky might be toss ups. As much as it pains me to say that. Hopefully we will big
Kentucky will be a solid favorite against us in Lexington. They are legit. Yes, I understand Florida lost that game last night because their coaches forgot to prep their offensive line for crowd noise (incredible to believe but apparently true) and Kentucky had lackluster offensive numbers, but they got it done and will grow with time. Tough game for us. But not out of reach either.

USC defense isn’t that good let’s not kid ourselves. They have wins against Troy, Eastern Illinois, and ECU. Even Vandy would go 2-1 against those 3 teams. Not hard fir a defense to looked good when you have only played 2 Power 5 games and lost both by a combined score of 56-23.
You don't know how much i appreciated you saying Vandy would go 2-1 against those 3 teams. Lol, got me laughing out loud. *thumbsup*

Vols only let Mizzou score 24, and a bunch of their yardage came in garbage time when the game was entirely out of hand. Mizzou's offense is far superior to USC. Our defense has caught a lot of unnecessary flak this year, but I wouldn't be surprised if they kept SC under 17 given their offense is atrocious, and we are playing at home.

Agree. SCar has only averaged 18 pts a game if you take away their first non-conference cupcake. I think our offense will gas them fairly quickly and surely our defense is better than that of Troy and ECU.

Reactions: BigDave
sc absolutely loves beamer. all the pundits are saying he has something going at sc, and just needs more athletes. He understands line of scrimmage, and scored 14 on georgia, who has been shutting everyone out, and came within a td of beating ky. right now I am VERY concerned about our injury situation. This will not be a runaway game like mizz., and the harder we try, the more difficult we are making it for ourselves against alabama (the only game that really matters). we win, but 10 sounds about right to me. I don't bet on sports tho.

Scar has yet to score more than 1 TD on O in a game this season, even against troy. Troy moved the ball pretty easy yesterday on them even before sc's best DE got ejected for targetting. Every team except ulm has come within a TD of beating UK as well. We can certainly lose but sc is almost as bad as mizz. They've been calling for their OC to get fired all season too, you can clearly tell he's never done that job before. They have to be one of the most penalized teams in the conference. If our D plays sound and Scar has to pass to try and keep up this game will get out of hand for them quick, so long as we don't have a bunch of injuries.

Interestingly, according to their radio guys, they introduced those sweeps and reverse plays against Troy so that we have to gameplan against that. Their oline has been getting blown up by almost every team they've played and thats part of the plan to counter it.

Edit: Should've said they haven't scored more than 1 td on O vs an fbs opponent.

Last edited:
Implied score 31-21.5. I think Tennessee beats the spread. I’m thinking something like 45-17.

I think the offense could let down and only score 30-40 points. I think USC is a bit better defensively than what we had with Mizzou. However, I don't expect USC's offense to do anything significant over the course of the game.

Reactions: Birdie and BigDave
sc absolutely loves beamer. all the pundits are saying he has something going at sc, and just needs more athletes. He understands line of scrimmage, and scored 14 on georgia, who has been shutting everyone out, and came within a td of beating ky. right now I am VERY concerned about our injury situation. This will not be a runaway game like mizz., and the harder we try, the more difficult we are making it for ourselves against alabama (the only game that really matters). we win, but 10 sounds about right to me. I don't bet on sports tho.
But can USC slow down the rush to the QB? Our D is playing a lot better. I just don't see this game as close.

let’s not get too cocky

mizzou is trash

i hope the team stays focused and aggressive
There is something about all this sudden over-confidence and bravado that makes me nervous. Saturday was kind of like a perfect storm---I'm hoping we can duplicate it and we've turned the corner, but it's best to not get too high or too low. Still a lot of season left.

I would like to introduce this as evidence of a common sentiment regarding their HC, OC, and team in general.

"I expected very little after another really dumb OC choice was made based on nepotism.

The play calling has been terrible and unimaginative. Sheeple got excited because our Buddy OC called some plays yesterday that weren’t runs up the middle.

Wow. impressive. A true offensive mastermind.

The o-line play has bern as bad as any line we’ve had this century. Yet, the same BS artists who pumped their chest about Chump’s recruiting classes are now deflecting blame on our Buddy OC to having terrible players and an entire room of lineman who apparently are slow, weak and too dumb to comprehend the sophisticated offense our Buddy OC has."

Completely agree. This WILL be a nail biter

Strangely, SC is actually 4-1 against the spread this year. People are consistently underestimating SC. They do have a decent D and a couple decent players on O. I don’t expect us to look anything like last Saturday as MO was completely lost on D and SC won’t be. However, I do think our style and, I can believe I’m saying this, defense will win us this game. I also think we likely cover but it’ll be close. I see something like 33-17. We won’t hit 40.

Our defense has played much better than was forecast at the first of the season. And our secondary is much improved. This team is playing at a high level, and that is in spite of losing so many players and having to learn a new system.
I was laughed at by a lot on here I told ppl the defense would be better than expected because we have a lot of experience and bodies on the DL with the best DL coach in the country… when a DL is good it allows the linebackers and secondary to play better… lookout if this team finds confidence and consistency we could win 7 or 8 games… bama and UGA are the only certain Ls left Ole miss and UK will be tough but winnable UK more winnable than ole miss to me.

Every game is always different, I expect usc to fight hard especially early. If we come out and play with the same intensity and stay away from penalties we will be fine. I expect us to come home and play a good game in Neyland Saturday. If we focus and play to our capablities we will win by 14 or more. GBO!!!!!

South Carolina will almost be the reverse of Mizzou. Their defense is good, but their offense is lackluster. We aren't scoring 62 on them, but if we can hold them under 20, not commit big turnovers, and get some big plays, we should win.

This is a good take. I feel like we are good for at least 30.

Completely agree. This WILL be a nail biter
Lol you’re crazy. If we come out focused and don’t do some incredibly stupid things, we will roll Carolina. I’m all for it. F*** that used car salesman Butch 2.0 they call their coach.

The ones calling this game close is the same Negative idiots that said we would lose to Mizzou

VN Store

Back