Vols 4th Best Team In 90s

It sucks to see Florida above us, but it's tough to argue against after the way they owned us in the mid 90s. :disappointed:

Originally posted by GAVol@Feb 22, 2005 11:04 PM
It sucks to see Florida above us, but it's tough to argue against after the way they owned us in the mid 90s. :disappointed:

on that note saw a spurrier interview a couple of years back. He said several times the Vols fielded the better team, but because his pre game psych tactics worked gators usually won. He claimed he knew the mindset of the Vols and used it against them utilizing oriental psychology/philosophy. One particular year he cited the Vols had a huge o-line...very good backs, and couldve just dominated the game by moving chains between the tackles. But because he started a pre game campaign criticising the vols QB...pass blocking...and recievers...he manipulated the Vols into attemting to throw the ball.

Originally posted by milohimself+Feb 23, 2005 1:17 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (milohimself @ Feb 23, 2005 1:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-#10_Ainge_#10@Feb 22, 2005 8:14 PM
Nebraska and Florida both make me want to puke :puke:

And F&#036;U?

I can&#39;t say I disagree with that list. [/quote]
No, I can tolerate FSU......I&#39;ll get flamed for saying that but FSU I can see being ahead of us....Bowden has a GREAT legacy down there....But Nebraska and Florida :finger: Oh well.....I think is our "decade"

who would you say the team of the 2000&#39;s is so far. its out of miami and usc.

Right now you would have to say USC since they&#39;ve won 2 national championships and will have a good shot at a third next season.

USC, easily. And for a while, Florida really did have Tennessee by the balls. You can&#39;t deny that with all the Spurrier-hating in the world. F&#036;U lost thirteen games the entire decade, and Nebraska lost only sixteen games, most noticably losing only two games between 1994 and 1997. Super-impressive.

I think that it&#39;s actually really impressive that Tennessee was placed fourth. Seeing that FSU and Nebraska had such impressive records and that Florida basically dominated the Vols for most of the decade, we&#39;re otheriwse at the top. Not a bad place to be at all.

9 undefeated seasons.. in the top ten tens....

Floridanever quite got that undefeated season during the 90&#39;s

They were also one of the three teams to have over 100 wins in the 90&#39;s. I find it hard for anybody to argue with at least 1-5 on that list. I read the formula for it and it seems pretty reasonable.

VN Store

Back