Vols 4 seed vs Louisiana - Thursday 9:40 ET CBS

I just hope the staff and team treat every game they play in the tournament like it's the #1 team in the country.

When you're in March you can't play down to your opponent, cause it only takes 1 bad night to be sitting at home early.

Bring the same sort of defensive intensity we showed against Texas, Kansas and Alabama and if you can pair that with the offense we've been playing with to end the season we should have a shot to make some noise.

I just hope the staff and team treat every game they play in the tournament like it's the #1 team in the country.

When you're in March you can't play down to your opponent, cause it only takes 1 bad night to be sitting at home early.

Bring the same sort of defensive intensity we showed against Texas, Kansas and Alabama and if you can pair that with the offense we've been playing with to end the season we should have a shot to make some noise.
That’s the thing, offense has looked better without ZZ and I’m not sure why. The unfortunate part is our defense severely lacks especially in transition without ZZ.

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
That’s the thing, offense has looked better without ZZ and I’m not sure why. The unfortunate part is our defense severely lacks especially in transition without ZZ.
Comparing Louisiana to Missouri… our offense had some spurts where we looked really good. The offense wasn’t necessarily the problem. We just couldn’t stop them. Missouri’s guards are better all around compared to UL’s guards. We should be able to defend well with what we have. It all comes back to our post defense. We couldn’t stop Kobe Brown. UL’s big guy is no threat to step out and shoot the 3-ball and he isn’t as agile as Kobe Brown. He’s more of a traditional post that can stretch out and hit a few mid-range jumpers but he prefers to do his damage at the rim. If we limit him, UL will have a tough time staying with us. Their defense won’t allow them. From what I’ve seen, UL struggles terribly against teams that move the ball well and have a high assist rate. That doesn’t bode well for them if their big guy doesn’t produce.

Reactions: 87&91ALUM

Well we lost ZZ but got back JJJ & Phillips...both of which at different points this season were leading us in scoring, so I'm not surprised the offense has improved with them returning even in ZZ's absence.

Not sure why your salty response was aimed at my direction. I guess I'm just not as intelligent and rational as the average poster on this board.

Upon further review, I just over reacted to your post without putting it in context to the post you were replying to. Sometimes my tolerance level is too low to do the research, but that is never justified.

Come on Vols! Gotta get past Louisiana. Would be great to see Tennessee play Duke…but it would be even greater to see Duke lose to OR and Tennessee get a chance to demolish that 12 seed and add some momentum going into the Sweet 16.

Anyone else see that’s JOSIAH was noticeably LIMPING in a short video that showed the team walking into shoot around yesterday! He is obviously still no where near 100%… I want the kid to play so badly but I don’t want him to sacrifice any potential career or his long term health. He’s trying to gut it out and I appreciate him for it… I hate this for him…

Anyone else see that’s JOSIAH was noticeably LIMPING in a short video that showed the team walking into shoot around yesterday! He is obviously still no where near 100%… I want the kid to play so badly but I don’t want him to sacrifice any potential career or his long term health. He’s trying to gut it out and I appreciate him for it… I hate this for him…
Where did you see this video?

Game day!! Eat your Wheaties and get ready to whoop some Cajuns. Anyone traveling today?

Louisiana hasn't seen a defense like this ,Tennessee is rested and fresh should be an easy victory.Let's just hope Barnes won't make starters play 37 minutes if it's a blowout

Where did you see this video?
he just showed me again, it’s on Instagram and it was posted by the Vols own social media. It’s in the little circle icon above the regular feed (the story maybe). He said it only last for a little while then disappears apparently but it’s still there

He’s been limping all year. He was finally working well with knee mobility and then sprained his ankle. Since then, he has swelling in both. People who say he “disappears” every other game should disappear. My guess is he’s going to have a hard time with two game weekends, but it’s better than the back to back games of the SEC tournament.

Just wonder if he can improve over the off-season or if he transfers out...

I think he is improving, and he can absolutely contribute. He can be a good player here. As he makes fewer mistakes, he’ll play more and more. He just isn’t going to step in and be MJ vs Duke, or is he…? :)

I think he might anyway. Instead of just one minute before a media time out, perhaps 2 or 3 minutes a couple of times. 5-8 total. But if Key is hitting his shots - less. Maybe zero.
I'm not sure Barnes trusts him yet. History says we don't see Edwards tonight.

He’s been limping all year. He was finally working well with knee mobility and then sprained his ankle. Since then, he has swelling in both. People who say he “disappears” every other game should disappear. My guess is he’s going to have a hard time with two game weekends, but it’s better than the back to back games of the SEC tournament.
I was hoping that the extra rest between last Friday and tonight might have helped but it sounds like even that wasn’t enough for him to fully recover.

Hope we’re able to jump on them early and rest JJJ for a lot of the second half. We’re going to need him to be able to play big minutes against duke

VN Store

Back