Vols 4 seed vs Louisiana - Thursday 9:40 ET CBS

Final Four
Duke vs Arizona
UCLA vs Texas
That’s all I got.
Tennessee will win first round then get beat by Duke.
All the BiGTen and SEC schools 8 apiece will drop like flies hitting a bug zapper. Happens every year. Unless your name is Kentucky and they stink this year.
Purdue and Alabama are one player teams they won’t last both will get dropped like bad habits once they reach elite 8

Reactions: feathersax
ON has scored 10 or more in 16 out of 33 games. And 5 or more rebounds in 17 out of 33. Honestly he’s only had a handful of “terrible” games.

he catches hate because some of his best games have been followed with no shows...... Need to see him string together some game back to back with big production.

he catches hate because some of his best games have been followed with no shows...... Need to see him string together some game back to back with big production.

Same with JJJ.

Was he even in the game Friday? I saw him standing down at end of bench near Zig.

None of the teams we face in the 1st 3 rounds have seen a defense like the Vols. Then there's our offense. I would hate to be playing this team because they can beat any of the 1 seeds and lose to any of the teams in the tournament.

Catch ORN and JJJ on one of their better days and Santi, Phillips and the bigs on average days and we can beat anybody..... ON THE OTHER HAND.............

This Louisiana team is solid!! They shoot good from 3 and have a great big man who probably will destroy our guys. Not saying we lose but this is not a good matchup. This team is a lot like Auburn

This Louisiana team is solid!! They shoot good from 3 and have a great big man who probably will destroy our guys. Not saying we lose but this is not a good matchup. This team is a lot like Auburn

What big man has destroyed our bigs this year? Oscar averaged 15 and 10 against us..... Tubelis and Ballo both scored under 20. Not sure what makes you think our bigs are all of the sudden outmatched by someone from Louisiana.

This team’s tourney success depends on Olivier to put up big numbers…. If he can get 18-20 per game, that will be huge. He clearly is capable of scoring that clip. Just a matter of him bein consistent. It’s simple.
I actually agree. We pretty much have to have a Texas game performance from him almost every game if we have any shot at all at making a deep run. But the problem is we don't get that type of performance from him very often at all. This team does not have a guy that's capable of "going off" like that, consistently speaking.

Reactions: feathersax
Really? Compared to what? Duke is a shell of their former selves and the ACC plain stinks. Louisiana played no one. Once you get to the S16 you shouldn’t expect anything other than tough opponents.
Watched the Duke -Virginia tourney game. We have bigs that I believe can compete with Duke all day. They didn’t play tight defense at all and VA just wasn’t hitting. Not impressed with ACC this year. If we make it pass Louisiana, I have comfort we can compete with Duke. Funny though, just saw an article thinking Duke will be in the Final Four. Not sure they can compete with the top half of the SEC.

Reactions: beachvol23
ON has scored 10 or more in 16 out of 33 games. And 5 or more rebounds in 17 out of 33. Honestly he’s only had a handful of “terrible” games.
5 rebounds in a game for someone his size is pretty shameful. If he was an All SEC caliber player he'd average 12-15 pts a game and 10 rebounds. It's really not that hard if you're a good player. He has loads of potential, but has brick hands. There's a higher chance that he dribbles the ball off his foot, throws the ball away or heaven forbid, doesn't even catch the ball than there is him actually getting ball and scoring it. Which is sad after being the program as long as he has.

We lost on a clean block by JP Prince that was called a foul. Still ticks me off. Should've been in the Final 4.
I don't remember that, but that doesn't mean anything, I forget sh!t all the time. What I do remember is Hopson missing a free throw that would have gave us a 2 point. Draymond Green rebounding it and going coast to coast to beat us by one point

Reactions: DowntownVol
5 rebounds in a game for someone his size is pretty shameful. If he was an All SEC caliber player he'd average 12-15 pts a game and 10 rebounds. It's really not that hard if you're a good player. He has loads of potential, but has brick hands. There's a higher chance that he dribbles the ball off his foot, throws the ball away or heaven forbid, doesn't even catch the ball than there is him actually getting ball and scoring it. Which is sad after being the program as long as he has.

Goal posting moving around here is astonishing.

The post I replied to said he was terrible except for a handful of games, which is absolutely wrong.

He finished 24th in conference in total rebounds, & 28th in rebounds per game in conference. You know how many SEC players actually averaged 12-15 PPG & 10 rebounds?

One. Oscar Tshiebwe 16.5 PPG & 13.5 RPG.

Tolu Smith was 2nd in rpg at 8.5.

Hell Grant Williams finished with just a 6.5 rpg average for his career here.

ON isn’t a consistent player, that’s accurate. But placing unrealistically high expectations is pretty ridiculous. The college game rarely yields a 12/10 guy these days. There were only 13 players in all of the NCAA that averaged 10 or more rebounds a game.

I don't remember that, but that doesn't mean anything, I forget sh!t all the time. What I do remember is Hopson missing a free throw that would have gave us a 2 point. Draymond Green rebounding it and going coast to coast to beat us by one point
It was Raymar Morgan that scored the winning FTs against us.

I feel like you had this copied and pasted, ready to go with a blank (team) and blank (3pt FG%)…it doesn’t matter who Tennessee plays, some people will always doom and gloom.
I never think that far ahead.....I am not doom and gloom, just saw this team melt down at the end of the season....not sure why you think they will make it out of the first weekend...

Everything they do goes thru that big man. If the refs let us play our style, I think we can wear him down and be a bit disruptive to their offense. If the refs get whistle happy...and to protect a blue blood, they likely will, it might be a tougher game than we'd like.

That was for the ULL roster. The ragin Cajuns are not a blue blood (although I agree with your take on the refs). Hopefully they let ‘em play.

Goal posting moving around here is astonishing.

The post I replied to said he was terrible except for a handful of games, which is absolutely wrong.

He finished 24th in conference in total rebounds, & 28th in rebounds per game in conference. You know how many SEC players actually averaged 12-15 PPG & 10 rebounds?

One. Oscar Tshiebwe 16.5 PPG & 13.5 RPG.

Tolu Smith was 2nd in rpg at 8.5.

Hell Grant Williams finished with just a 6.5 rpg average for his career here.

ON isn’t a consistent player, that’s accurate. But placing unrealistically high expectations is pretty ridiculous. The college game rarely yields a 12/10 guy these days. There were only 13 players in all of the NCAA that averaged 10 or more rebounds a game.
👍

Wouldn’t have mattered if Scotty Hopson had hit his FTs

Gotta hit the freebies.

Iirc, we were fairly in control of that game until JP Prince picked up two quick fouls and had to sit. Prince’s length was giving his man fits on defense, and it was really disrupting Michigan State’s offense.

Reactions: Pennheel
What big man has destroyed our bigs this year? Oscar averaged 15 and 10 against us..... Tubelis and Ballo both scored under 20. Not sure what makes you think our bigs are all of the sudden outmatched by someone from Louisiana.
Colin Castleton did a pretty good job on our bigs. I believe he went 20/9. The biggest thing is our guys couldn’t guard him without fouling (well, the whistle kept blowing anyway).

Reactions: walkenvol

VN Store

Back