Vols #22 on Pro Football Focus

I don't get the USC jr love.
They improved as the season went on, beat Florida and Auburn, then won their bowl game. Finished 7-6 as well, then perceivably upgraded at QB. I don't agree with it, but I get it.

Heck, I didn't think a # 22 ranking was that bad, we weren't in any such rankings last year.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be upset if preseason looked like this, just because we get prove it games against many of those teams.

I hope Pitt is ranked top 15 come September!

South Carolina is using a QB that lost his starting job. Rattler has issues. He cannot make up 3-4 TD gap by himself. We still beat them by 21 this year with him. If he doesn’t make it that far then double it!
UK the same!
And they beat Florida by 23, but we lost to Florida by 24. It doesn't make sense, and it's all irrelevant for projecting who is going to win any of the games between those 3 teams (UF, USCjr and UT) this year. As it is, Rattler was one of the top QB's in his recruiting class, like Nico currently is. He hasn't put it all together yet, but he has a high ceiling. I think it's a winnable game, that we more than likely win, but if Rattler puts it together, it makes them a much tougher out.

What other talent does USCe even have? They weren't very good last year, and they think Rattler, who lost their job to a freshman, is their savior?

Over their last 5 games they have wins over a Florida team that had already quit on their coach, a mediocre auburn team (that also almost fired their coach), and an incredibly mediocre north Carolina team. They had losses to Missouri (who we beat by like 40), and lost 30-0 to a relatively disappointing Clemson team.

I can't figure out why I should be impressed.

Reactions: tennesseeduke
And they beat Florida by 23, but we lost to Florida by 24. It doesn't make sense, and it's all irrelevant for projecting who is going to win any of the games between those 3 teams (UF, USCjr and UT) this year. As it is, Rattler was one of the top QB's in his recruiting class, like Nico currently is. He hasn't put it all together yet, but he has a high ceiling. I think it's a winnable game, that we more than likely win, but if Rattler puts it together, it makes them a much tougher out.
No transitive properties allowed!

I don't get the USC jr love.

Rattler was considered a heisman candidate before he imploded. Burch could become an elite pass rusher this season. They have some parts to work with and they finished well last season. It’s going to be a much tougher game than most of us expect

Jordan Burch could become a real concern too. They’re not a bad team and are much closer to us talent wise than most want to believe. We need to land some portal talent to widen that gap

Jordan Burch could become a real concern too. They’re not a bad team and are much closer to us talent wise than most want to believe. We need to land some portal talent to widen that gap
I think they were #22 on the team talent composite last year and we were #19. Still we handled them. Granted it's a road game this year but we should probably beat them again all things being equal. Rattler is an x factor though. If he plays up to his potential the healthy advantage we enjoyed at QB last year will be lessened and this also our overall margin for error in the game.

Reactions: SpookyAction

VN Store

Back