Vols 2019 Class Recruiting Finish - Updated 11/28

Chris Akporoghene is listed as an OV on 247 for this weekend so that would eliminate him from blue shirting if I'm correct

Before you attack me, I am a resident of the Recruiting Forum and I fully understand the unwritten rules of creating threads. I rarely ever venture over the the dark side (FF Forum). However, I feel this data I have put together was worthy of its own thread.

I follow recruiting about as much as time allows, and I keep a little spreadsheet that I update about once a month. IMO it is something similar to what I think our "board" would look like. I have several other sheets in the spreadsheet but this one best sums up where we are right now.

Disclaimer: This info is to put together to the best of my knowledge and the % are my own personal opinion of how likely we are to sign that player.
View attachment 176307
From what I can tell, it looks like Pruitt an Co. are set on taking another RB and another WR. Other than those two positions, I feel as though we are in Best Player Available mode with an emphasis on the DL and LB. If we are able to sign a full class of 25, that only leaves 3 spots available spots for BPA.

QB - I think the staff is set on rolling with Maurer as our only QB for the class. That is unless Tagovailoa decided he wants in, (10% Chance).

RB - I feel as though, our recent offers are a sign that the staff has decided it NEEDS a true RB in this class. And they are hoping to find a "Diamond in the Rough" player to fall back on in case we are not successful with Gray. I think we will continue to see new names pop up until we find our guy or Gray hopes in the boat.

WR - I think we are ok here no matter what happens. Obviously, we would like to add Haselwood as he is one of the best prospects in the country (30% Chance that happens). If not, we will more than likely turn our focus to Payton or Brown in order to add some speed to our current WR Corps.

TE - Appears as though we are locked in with Lowe and Brown. No other targets.

OL - I feel as though Wright is all but locked in. Reminds me alot of the Nigel Warrior recruitment. We will continue to sweat over it until the ink dries. However if the off chance he isn't on board, I think we are done on the OL for 2019. From what I can tell, it looks like neither Mcbride of Akporoghene have not made an OV, so they are blueshirt candidates.

DL - Will Cox flip, that is the big question. I personally hope he doesn't. We have some new and old names on the board for the DL. Nolan Smith (5%), Travon Walker (20%), Justin Eboigbe (35%), Khris Bogle (15%), Zion Logue (20%). I feel the staff hopes to sign one of these guys.

LB - Owen Pappoe is the big target here (60%), but there are other big names on the board. Trezman Marshall looks to losing touch with UGA and would be a big get for us (30%). We also still have legitimate shots at To'oto'o (20%) and Crouch (30%), though we appear to be on the outside looking in. Clemons appears to be the only blueshirt candidate.

DB - Kenyatta Watson is the most legitimate big name target left on our DB board (30%). There are others farther down the board if he decides to stay at Texas.

Overall I feel as though the staff had a great plan from the get go. Go get some solid guys early to build the core of your recruiting class, then swing for the fences with your final remaining spots.

It appears like the most likely current commits that won't sign with us are Cox, Beasley, Clemons, and McBride. It is going to be a fun ride to the finish line.

I do not apologize for the long post.
Can you email individual Volnation members when there is an update ?

Can you email individual Volnation members when there is an update ?

Idk about personally emailing folks, but I would can post to this thread everytime I update my spreadsheet. I doubt @Freak would find this pin to the top worthy, but if he did, I may update it more often. I also have another spreadsheet that I update that shows our board by position. It has alot of value in the earlier phase of recruiting when we are not in BPA mode like we are for 2019. Maybe over the next month or so, I will start a 2020 board.

A few more tidbits on what I did here:

I tried my best to list our competitors for each recruit, and if you look closely, I bolded the school if the recruit was currently committed to that school. The recruits highlighted in Orange are UT Commits. The recruits highlighted in gray are currently committed to other schools.

I feel that my % Sign value follows the overall "vibe" of this board, as 80% of my info comes from here. The % are honestly hard to keep up with, as recruiting is so fluid. It literally changes day by day. For example, now I would already drop Haselwood's % and increase Brown's, Watson's, Gray's and a few others. It is a constantly changing dynamic that epps and flows with the info provided but that is part of the reason I find it interesting.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
For TE, it’s the second worst unit on the team. Just not fit for the power-blocking scheme. And the guys on the roster don’t offer much for a scheme that will likely send one TE to the league just about every year. Wood-Anderson is basically the only guy Helton can count on. Huge need.

And Beasley will get in where he fits in. Like Banks this year. And that is regardless of whether Gray signs or not.

Hey Chatt, curious how that would change if we also added Trezmen Marshall along with the four you listed? Just have a good gut feeling UT lands him.

Maybe someone knows the answer on this regarding H.S. recruits. Are college recruiters able to confirm the 40 time for a recruit which should be near the top of the list for evaluating players ? I rarely see the 40 times listed on the recruitment sites.

I think a win on Saturday tied with a bowl game would get us most of the current top targets.
Agreed, it's hard not to view this game, and the possible bowl game attached, as a critical measure towards finishing this recruitment cycle in strong fashion. Go VOLS!

Reactions: TGFHeupel16
Matthews on the Zone the other day said going to a bowl would have zero impact on our recruiting class. He said that was way overstated. Now the practices would have been good for current players. But Matthews said the weightroom is just as important as anything right now, and I agree. GBO!

Reactions: igotworms
Matthews on the Zone the other day said going to a bowl would have zero impact on our recruiting class. He said that was way overstated. Now the practices would have been good for current players. But Matthews said the weightroom is just as important as anything right now, and I agree. GBO!
May I sell you a bridge in Florida? If you don't believe the beat down we took from Missouri and VANDERBILT coupled with what some players are telling recruits you are crazy!

If Pruitt pulls out a top 15 class he should get a raise!

May I sell you a bridge in Florida? If you don't believe the beat down we took from Missouri and VANDERBILT coupled with what some players are telling recruits you are crazy!

If Pruitt pulls out a top 15 class he should get a raise!
We will have a top 10 class. Yep remember I said it. GBO!

We will have a top 10 class. Yep remember I said it. GBO!
Hope springs eternal! On the other hand, reality and the law of averages is lacking on this thread. Again, if Pruitt pulls this off, he should get "best recruiter of the decade" award in college football. I have learned, the hard way, to expect much less from this program over the last 10 or so years.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol

VN Store

Back