Vols #10 in latest CFP rankings

Bama and LSU are getting better each week.

We aren't and our qb is out. Therefore it is logical to assume we can no longer beat a top 10 team.
This is unfortunate, but hard to argue against it. I don’t think it’s our biggest issue, but one problem we have that others don’t is lack of depth... particularly on defense. I would have liked to seen Banks sit some butts on the bench in our secondary against SC but who else does he have available to put in the game? Who else does he have at LB? Could our guys just be wearing down physically? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: orangemadam
Dropping three in a row to Wake Forest, Clemson and NC State isn't exactly a resume builder. If you think that's a great look, I've got nothing else to say.

So after they played the game vs LsU they became a crap team? Not when they actually played?

“And then when you’re in Tennessee’s position and they’re like ‘ok, we beat South Carolina, we beat Vandy’, they’re in the playoffs,” added Swinney. “You know, they’re flipping burgers at the house, having a cold drink, watching the championship weekend, [and wondering] ‘what are we, are we three or four, where are we going? Are we in Arizona or are we in Atlanta?’ And next thing you know, you forget you gotta go to play. But I think you just got to give all the credit to South Carolina. I think they just flat-out kicked their butt”- Dabo
I want Clemson

Well....that's what happened.

Not sure why people are criticizing him.

Reactions: IndianaVol
I've gotten angrier about last Saturday each day since then. I hope the team is angry and plays that way in Nashville. There is no debate that was the worst loss in my lifetime and that includes 2001.

“And then when you’re in Tennessee’s position and they’re like ‘ok, we beat South Carolina, we beat Vandy’, they’re in the playoffs,” added Swinney. “You know, they’re flipping burgers at the house, having a cold drink, watching the championship weekend, [and wondering] ‘what are we, are we three or four, where are we going? Are we in Arizona or are we in Atlanta?’ And next thing you know, you forget you gotta go to play. But I think you just got to give all the credit to South Carolina. I think they just flat-out kicked their butt”- Dabo
I want Clemson

State the lie in anything he said

Reactions: IndianaVol
I'm actually okay with being #10.
We beat Vandy soundly and win either the Cotton or Sugar in good fashion and we should settle at around 6 to 8 in the final poll.
That gives us an expectation (reality) for next season.

Part of the issue with this season - and the reason a lot of people are butt-hurt, mad, angered, triggered, pissed, etc. - is the expectation (reality) was 8-4.
When this team started over-achieving and people started believing, that expectation (reality) went out the window and people started leaning on an outcome that was not reality (expected).
If we would have started this season ranked in the Top 20 the lens that this season is being viewed with at this point would be much, much different.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
But TN rolled a good LSU Team So there you have it!
ouroboros.jpg

VN Store

Back