VolQuest: DC Job Likely Down to Conklin and Rodgers

Actually your missing the point. It is peer reviewed continuously. If incorrect info is posted it can be immediately corrected.
How slow are you? You have NO WAY of knowing whether the post you're looking at is correct or not. You can say that it is peer reviewed continuously. Who cares? All it takes is one lunatic editing the Wikipedia post right before you look at it, and it will be wrong. You have NO WAY of knowing whether that has occurred or not. NONE. Is most of the information on Wikipedia likely accurate at any given point in time? Yes. However, you have no way of knowing that the information that you are viewing is accurate or not.

Last edited:
The more I read about Conklin, the more I like the thought of him as the DC. Think he and Gillespie would be great "fits" for what Heupel needs in a DC. Still, I would consider Kacy a solid choice as well. The NFL connection would be extremely helpful in recruiting. Any one of these three would be an immediate upgrade and a step in the right direction.

How slow are you? You have NO WAY of knowing whether the post you're looking at is correct or not. You can say that it is peer reviewed continuously. Who cares? All it takes is one lunatic editing the Wikipedia post right before you look at it, and it will be wrong. You have NO WAY of knowing whether that has occurred or not. NONE. Is most of the information on Wikipedia likely accurate at any given point in time? Yes. However, you have no way of knowing that the information that you are viewing is accurate or not.
I made a previous example about a historical event. It is a good source for information in that respect. Now as far as a coaching hire where people are just being mischievous adding data to Wikipedia then not so much. The thing is it is not on there very long in situations like that.

Also, if someone is reasonably prominent and has had prank edits (sudden career moves to UT, for instance), their entry can be locked by Wiki peeps.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Sure you do. Click the green bar at the bottom of the screen, and it will take you to the edit history.

If you don’t log in to make an edit, your IP address is displayed.

1613160254403.png

1613160349809.png

I made a previous example about a historical event. It is a good source for information in that respect. Now as far as a coaching hire where people are just being mischievous adding data to Wikipedia then not so much. The thing is it is not on there very long in situations like that.
...as long as somebody doesn't decide to be mischievous...and you have ZERO way of knowing whether that is the case unless you already know the subject matter that you're viewing. Of course, if you already thoroughly know the subject matter, then you don't need to be researching it in the first place.

...as long as somebody doesn't decide to be mischievous...and you have ZERO way of knowing whether that is the case unless you already know the subject matter that you're viewing. Of course, if you already thoroughly know the subject matter, then you don't need to be researching it in the first place.
You never rely on one source to confirm something if you have doubts about the authenticity of the information. Wikipedia has good value and no one source of information can ever be taken as 100 percent accurate without confirming with other sources.

This is actually closer to true than people on here want to admit. I teach an AP class and a group of us were talking recently about how the stigma that surrounds Wikipedia today is from 15 years ago when it really was the wild west. Adults that were told not to use it as students now look at it as evil and the teachers that originally said not to use it at all are set in their ways.

I would never, ever recommend a student to cite Wikipedia as a source, but if you want a quick overview of something it does the trick. I've seen some of the very best students use worse sources than Wikipedia before.

In high school, during the days of dial up internet, I actually used my parents Encyclopedia collection as referencces for most of my papers. It was nearly as old as I was, but it was acceptable enough for my teachers, lol.

Reactions: PA Vol
Any who.... if Conklin is our man, he is sure doing a lot of work on the way out the door of Wofford. He just hired an assistant. Maybe I'm wrong, but that doesn't sound like a guy that is about to leave his team to me....

30 minutes ago...

Pitt Graduate Assistant Bryan Bing Hired as DL Coach at Wofford

He still has a job to do until he signs a contract somewhere else. Can't stop doing your job because he think you might have a job somewhere else.

I do not know much about Conklin,but,Rogers main question would be,"Do I want to return to college after sixteen years in the nfl?"Also would he be a possible dc at Tampa if Bowles gets another HC job?I would like Casey to come home;if a recruit asks why he should come to UT,do as cathead biscuits shows and kiss that MF ring baby!

Reactions: Cathead Biscuits
It would make perfect sense, if Conklin was coming to UT, to fill all coaching vacancies on the Wofford staff before leaving since they are playing a Spring schedule starting next Saturday. Wofford would then appoint an interim coach and would only then be looking to fill the Head Coach position immediately.

If Conklin is the best defensive coordinator that we can land by splashing $1.5 million/year around, that further proves the point that this program is on life support.

Reactions: CJBlaze
If Conklin is the best defensive coordinator that we can land by splashing $1.5 million/year around, that further proves the point that this program is on life support.

tenor.gif

Steele will be linebackers coach. For him to get his buyout from Auburn, he couldn't take a job that was equal or better than what he had. If he did, then his buyout would offset from his new job. So just being linebackers coach he will get full buyout from Auburn and get paid from UT.
Doesn’t work quite that way.....

It would make perfect sense, if Conklin was coming to UT, to fill all coaching vacancies on the Wofford staff before leaving since they are playing a Spring schedule starting next Saturday. Wofford would then appoint an interim coach and would only then be looking to fill the Head Coach position immediately.
I posted on another thread wondering if Conklin and UT had a deal to announce after Wofford was out if their playoffs. I have no idea.

I think you keep those two onboard and find a spot no matter what. If the DC wants their own coaches then you hire coaches and call Garner/Steele analysts. If the DC wants them as coaches then you give them that title. Either way you dont let them leave.

Agreed. I think people misconstrued the Garner hiring as because he was DL coach at AU he automatically will be here. That’s not the case right now.

VN Store

Back