VolNation Season Pick Contest: Week 9

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Contest Home: 2021 VolNation Pick Contest

This week's Entry (be sure to hit refresh each week if you see last week): ENTER YOUR PICKS

Last week's results: CURRENT STANDINGS

Season Standings: SEASON STANDINGS

Welcome to the 17th annual weekly pick contest, which will last the entire season and consist of 13 weekly entries.

Each week I will select 10 games from around college football, which will be posted usually on Sunday/Monday. I will not include any Thursday or Friday games, just to keep things consistent with the entry deadline.

All entries will be due before noon (Eastern Time) on Saturday.

The season winner will receive a $300 Amazon gift card.

In order to be eligible to win, your user name for the contest, must match your VolNation user name. If you're reading this and don't have an account, you can register here. It's easy and it's free.

VolNation Registration

Please post in this thread if you have any questions, suggestions, or comments.

Also, I strongly suggest setting up a recurring reminder on your computer or phone. If you miss a week, you can still have fun competing with other members, but it will be really difficult for you to win the contest.

Submitted picks won't show on the site until I update everyone's entries over the weekend.

Lastly, there's still a bit of a visual bug where "your picks" shows on the left column of the picks entry page. As most have realized, that's not accurate. Your picks will populate in the far right column of the entry page.

Thanks for playing and good luck!

rough week. a couple lost that I thought would have won. BUT, still climbing the ranks. However, 13 points off the lead, and short one game of picks. Not bad, but leaves no hope of a late surge. Playing for Ego at this point.

rough week. a couple lost that I thought would have won. BUT, still climbing the ranks. However, 13 points off the lead, and short one game of picks. Not bad, but leaves no hope of a late surge. Playing for Ego at this point.

6-4 last week for me. Had a feeling it was going to be a bad week for some reason.

Reactions: MAD
Depending how you would have done the missed week , you could be sitting as high as second place. Not bad.

fixing to enter my picks for Week 9, but wow, can a pick list be anymore vague about who may or may not want to win a game. And 50% B1G.

Coin Flips:
VT/GT
Rutger/Ill
Ind/Md
Mi/Mi-St
Purdue/Neb
UCLA/Utah

I got Purdued this week after giving some cred for their upset the week prior.

Anyway here goes my picks:
GT, Baylor, Illinois, Maryland, Mi-State, Iowa, Nebraska, Ole Miss, Kentucky, UCLA. And that's with a feeling that UCLA, Neb, Illinois, and MD could very hose me. Now to get them entered before I second guess my 3rd guess.

Why do we always end up picking more Big Ten games than the SEC or any other conference ?

Why do we always end up picking more Big Ten games than the SEC or any other conference ?
I usually just try to pick the best games available that have the closest odds. I would prefer SEC games, always, but I try to stay away from games with double-digit favorites.

fixing to enter my picks for Week 9, but wow, can a pick list be anymore vague about who may or may not want to win a game. And 50% B1G.

Coin Flips:
VT/GT
Rutger/Ill
Ind/Md
Mi/Mi-St
Purdue/Neb
UCLA/Utah

I got Purdued this week after giving some cred for their upset the week prior.

Anyway here goes my picks:
GT, Baylor, Illinois, Maryland, Mi-State, Iowa, Nebraska, Ole Miss, Kentucky, UCLA. And that's with a feeling that UCLA, Neb, Illinois, and MD could very hose me. Now to get them entered before I second guess my 3rd guess.

On the other side of a few of those games, but they are the toss up's you have listed as well. This is a tough week for sure.

On the other side of a few of those games, but they are the toss up's you have listed as well. This is a tough week for sure.

I figure it's running too close this time of season and Freak is just separating the men from the boys. Last week was also a pick list that could have just as easily gone my way more. Typical though. I do really good the first half, then the picks get tougher to differentiate.

Reactions: stonesk
I usually just try to pick the best games available that have the closest odds. I would prefer SEC games, always, but I try to stay away from games with double-digit favorites.

That's why we've been running into the guard rail the last couple weeks. VT has proven you can't pick them one way or the other. And a couple others as well. VN pick season isn't for the timid. lol.

Reactions: stonesk

VN Store

Back