*****VolNation Official Signing Day Thread 2019

We may not finish with a top-10 recruiting class, but our average star rating (90.79) puts us on par with every team ahead of us outside of the top 3. I'm more than happy with this class! Great job CJP!!!!

Two more years like this and we'll be back in the running for SEC East...
Pruitt can Do It!!!

Go VOLS!!!!

As we sit right now we are 7th best in the SEC and 15th overall on Rivals

Its the 7th best in the SEC that is more bothersome than the overall rankings. I could care less how they stack up to out of conference teams.

We may not finish with a top-10 recruiting class, but our average star rating (90.79) puts us on par with every team ahead of us outside of the top 3. I'm more than happy with this class! Great job CJP!!!!
I just counted it up. If you go by class average we come in right at #10!

GBO! WGWTFA!

According to the 247 calculator, Wright adds 29. Tha puts us around 7.
That would be a GREAT finish all said and done, and definitely Pruitt living up to his word. Only thing that went bad today is how successful the gators were. I feel Like we could’ve snatched Bogle if we wanted. Maybe he rubbed Pruitt the wrong way.

That would be a GREAT finish all said and done, and definitely Pruitt living up to his word. Only thing that went bad today is how successful the gators were. I feel Like we could’ve snatched Bogle if we wanted. Maybe he rubbed Pruitt the wrong way.
If that’s the reason we pass on Bogle, I’m ok with that.

And today was supposed to be ho-hum because everybody signed almost all their class in December.
What?!

Today is ...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

CJP is addressing the needs of the team. We need a pro style QB! And anyone who can run a 4.3!

I think it's just to have the options later on....count toward 19 or count toward 20.

you only get X amount of scholarship players. So let's say four years ago they signed 22. those 22 may roll off, depending on if the redshirted. Some players go with a medical reason. Some transfer for playing time. Some will never see the field and are told that with a staff change. So ok. UT has 63 scholarship players after last season. The can sign 22.

This is how I understand it, I may be wrong. There are other ways to play with the numbers. PWO's. preferred walk ons. their parents pay their way for now, they earn a scholarship at some point.

The University of Tennessee has some of the best training facilities in the nation. The weight staff has pro experience. If a kid wants a dark horse chance at the pro's, UT would be a good choice as long as we have coaches who can develop talent. Coaches who will play the best player at each position. These guy's want a honest shot.

Just checked and we are 12th on Rivals. Which is up 3 from this time yesterday. Better than going down. And we jumped a playoff team in Notre Dame...which isn't bad for a 5-7 team. I'm being positive here. Not "on top" as Pruitt promised but not bad.

Reactions: Chilmonty
I don't understand the numbers game they play but why does he have to blue shirt with UT at 22 signees?
I think mainly to save the spot in case he doesn’t qualify.

Edit if this question was about Harris.

Yeah he says that as he pulls down a #1 class every single year.

He also has such a proven track record kids get a bump from receiving an offer from Bama and and additional bump if that offer is commitable. The national services are basically saying if a kid is good enough to play for Nick we undervalued them, no matter what their initial ranking was.

The guys on SEC Now have us at 11 ahead of Auburn and South Carolina. Bama, Georgia, Texas A&M, LSU and Florida in top ten. I’ll take that coming off a season with no bowl, first year coach. I believe Chaney is going to be a difference maker on offense.

VN Store

Back