VOLNATION Makes B-ham news

This has got to be why all these Bammers have been showing up. I guess fame comes with a price, huh Freak?

:furious3: I've been in Birminham all week and am really ready for the game on Saturday. It's hard to believe the bs that Paul "Finebum" puts out every day on his two-bit radio show. Yesterday, Tommy Gallon was on the show and said the heinous attack on the Memphis lawyer earlier this year was perpetrated by a former vol football player...no evidence, no proof...just bs! There are a lot of rednecks around here that really feed on this stuff.

I sure hope we can really beat the hell out of bama this weekend to shut these rednecks up. Prediction: VOLS 41 bama 6

P.S. there's a new slogan here...no more "roll tide", it's now "parole tide"

Originally posted by Smokey@Oct 20, 2004 4:37 PM
The last LSU game that was in knoxville i can remember a lot of there fans gettnig out of control especially after they lost.  I was refering to Georgia fans.  i have only been to one game down there and got beer, food, and god knows what else thrown at me.

I was at that game too. I don't remember any LSU fans sticking around until the end though. The ones sitting around me got up and left early in the 4th quarter when the Vols took a 26-7 lead. They were very nice and basically said they had a long trip back to Louisiana and couldn't take the humiliation any more.

They probably hung around until the end of the SECCG?

There were some LSU fans at the game in Knoxville that year that were pretty rowdy. Nothing like Atlanta, though. I had to sit right in the middle of them in Atlanta.

Originally posted by GIVEHIM-6@Oct 20, 2004 11:05 PM
Yeah Freak now that we have gone public,you need to get them t-shirts going.I think I'm gonna get my own personal Volnation shirt made up either way.

I keep asking for suggestions for a company that could do this for me. Do you have any suggestions? I would love to have some printed up. It would be something we could give away to contest winners.

Just spoke with Big T Graphics in K-town. They can do solid color t's with a 3-color screenprint (black/orange/white) on front and back for 6.15 a shirt if the quantity is 144-200 shirts.

Only problem is that everything that says "Tennessee" in orange, "Vols," power T, etc. is registered and requires license from the university. He said we could probably get away with "VolNation."

Big T Graphics' # is 531-6655. Ask for Wayne.

The idea for a contest for artwork is a good idea.

Oh, one more thing, it will say BUCK FAMA, right?

Originally posted by kiddiedoc@Oct 22, 2004 3:27 PM
Just spoke with Big T Graphics in K-town. They can do solid color t's with a 3-color screenprint (black/orange/white) on front and back for 6.15 a shirt if the quantity is 144-200 shirts.

Only problem is that everything that says "Tennessee" in orange, "Vols," power T, etc. is registered and requires license from the university. He said we could probably get away with "VolNation."

You ought to check that out Freak.

Originally posted by kiddiedoc@Oct 22, 2004 3:27 PM

Sweet. I'll check into that Monday.

Originally posted by Memphis_Volunteer@Oct 22, 2004 9:38 PM
No, I don't hate Vol fans, but Gators...well....... :bash:

Hey!

Unless your name is Maples, I don't need no stinking disciples.

(Though now that I've made that obligatory protest for form's sake, I'm awful flattered to know I've inspired a following- when did they let you out? Does thorazine give you a funny taste on the tops of your feet too? Do you ever suspect that maybe Prince Mongo was telling the truth? )

Congrats Freak, and on the t-shirts and/or other stuff, their are a number of other companies which do team-oriented shlock for multiple sites which don't so much require a minimum advanced sale, as require a minimum amount of site traffic and an exclusive agreement with them to sell stuff with your name on it.

I can't remember off-hand the company GASF.com (Great American Sports Fans) uses, but we're evidently happy with it, and regardless I know the Admins would have zero problems answering questons and giving advice based on their experience.

On the copywrite issue, the University license is itself through Bill Battle's leviathan sports licensing organization. Technically, VolNation (all one word) isn't an infraction, but it capitalizes on "Vols" and the Vols. If they wanted to, they could quash you by sheer weight of lawyers- though I'm assuming they wouldn't have any interest in doing so.

Personally, as a politeness I'd call the athletic department and clear it with them if you have any connections there. If you don't, my Dad and Infamous Stepmother could suggest a number of folks they know to call who would be at least a good reference to the appropriate dept./ person. You're a rep of a respectable group (well, taken as a group) of UT fans, so there's no reason why they'd should object, but at the same time it might be one of those cases where they'd only care if you didn't ask first. Plus, talking to somebody in the Athletic Dept. about this puts you and us on their radar, never a bad thing....

Legal mumbo-jumbo. Gotta love it.

BTW, they can do lesser quantities, that's just the number I gave them. The price, I'm sure, increases with the fewer you purchase.

There are other companies in town, and I say support somebody local, if possible. You know they'll do a good job on a project like this. (After all, it's only 6 bucks or so a shirt, I doubt you'll get much better than that!)

Not just legal mumbo-jumbo if it's legal mumbo-jumbo that the folks with the rights & money have a long history of being persnickity about.

On the second point, about the particular vendor, you missed the fact that if you go local you have to buy or agree to buy minimum amounts of product in advance. If you deal with one of the many online companies that work with multiple clients, all you usually have to do is agree not to use anybody else, and don't have to put any money down/ guarantee any money in advance.

Its my understanding there would be only a legal issue if profit was an issue? My uncle has made t-shirts for his own personal use for years.... would the university sue him too?

My personal fav was one that had the Alabama logo on the front with the saying, "Elephants never forget..."

then on the back it said, "but they wish they could!" and listed the consecutive wins that Tennessee had over Alabama.

AV, not sure about the profit issue. I'm sure we could find out pretty easily -- I'd pick a company to use and ask them -- they'll know.

Feel free to use my

Got 12th

T-shirt idea celebrating Bama's finish in the SEC All Sports trophy last year. :lol:

Looks much better than the Got 12 ones they love to wear.

No royalty fees, I'll even pay for one ;)

Thats awesome and thats quote was right....They are soo bad that it hurts out strength of schedule.!!!!!! hahahahaha :dlol: :cool:

VN Store

Back