Volleyballers in Georgia for 2:00 match today 10/28.

StrangeVol

SECNetwork has the coverage. Georgia currently stands at 3 & 7 in the SEC so we should get a road W, but as RollerVol often reminds me, nothing is for certain. We need road wins this week (we're @ Ole Miss, Friday) as we continue our climb upward toward a ranking in the top 25.

Also, I just realized that five of our next six games are on the road. We have Georgia today, Ole Miss Friday, followed by our home game against TA&M, then back on the road for three more dates with MSU on the 11th, Mizzou on the 14th and Arkansas on the 18th. Whew! Quite a stretch. Of the road games Mizzou promises to be the toughest and a game we really need to win. The rest of the road games are against teams ranked well below us in the SEC standings. So while it's a long stretch of road games it's not a terribly difficult one. The other big challenge in this six game stretch will come from TA&M, but we beat them at their place so we should beat them at home, I hope.

Last edited:
Reactions: ruvol and RollerVol
thanks SV for keeping the Soccer and Volley fires burning...yep, Georgia is not having a very good season, but they beat us last time we played, so it's time to return the favor and keep this very nice season rolling along...we're definitely gonna be tested on the road and I'm sure it'll be crazy...also, first round soccer SECT on at 2PM, today, on SECN (don't know who's playing)...we play Tuesday against the 7th or 10th seed...and,

GO LADY VOLS!

Reactions: StrangeVol
somebody stole our Lady Vols...down two sets...leading 23-19 in the third...and,

LET'S GO LADY VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lady Vols win a hard-fought 4th set...tied at two...on to a victorious 5th...

GO LADY VOLS!

third challenge...bad call for us...even with replay humans still can't get it right...hard to beat homecooking...:D

GO LADY VOLS!

Reactions: Putbacks
side note: SOCCER: LSU beats Mizzou in double OT...3-2...Auburn and Florida play next game...

GO LADY VOLS!

lost my dang stream...we were at match point...gonna say we won anyway...:D

PS. record 18-5, 9-2, conf...tied for third with Mizzou...

GO LADY VOLS!

Reactions: sccshortstop
third challenge...bad call for us...even with replay humans still can't get it right...hard to beat homecooking...:D

GO LADY VOLS!

And the replay clearly showed that the ball landed in, so the video crew promptly stopped showing the replay evidence!

Nevertheless, gutsy comeback for the Lady Vols. It almost looked like 2 games in one. In those first 2 sets, we were totally out of sync. The next 3 the team regained and took control. Grubbs set another personal best for kills in a match.

VN Store

Back