Vol workouts

jim pique

With the ability to use the training facilities,weight room,etc. this spring,would there be a chance that the SEC would allow all teams to start fall practice three weeks.earlier to cut down on injuries from no lifting and S&C conditioning supervision this spring and possibly part of June?Any other ideas about this?

Reactions: Alto1
Probably not.
They’re gonna follow state and federal guidelines to the T on this.
I hope so, the last thing we need after this disaster would be problems because we didn't obey the rules and regs. On this matter there will be no excuse for being "creative". The best thing is to follow the rules, and keep as many Americans safe as possible.

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
I hope so, the last thing we need after this disaster would be problems because we didn't obey the rules and regs. On this matter there will be no excuse for being "creative". The best thing is to follow the rules, and keep as many Americans safe as possible.

While I agree and want this crap in the rear view we all know there will be some people who don’t

With the ability to use the training facilities,weight room,etc. this spring,would there be a chance that the SEC would allow all teams to start fall practice three weeks.earlier to cut down on injuries from no lifting and S&C conditioning supervision this spring and possibly part of June?Any other ideas about this?

What makes you think there will be no S&C or lifting going on? I'm sure they can figure something out with schedules, cameras in the facilities, etc. Hell, they have cameras that can zoom in to see a pimple on a gnat's a$$. I'm sure some form of workouts will continue.

If the campus is closed and students sent home, I don't see how kids can stay in the athletic dorms. Does anyone know for sure that student athletes are still on campus?

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
You are correct, Fulmer said there would be no using the weight room or working out at UT. Athletes that are seeing trainers and need medical attention would still be seen. Other than that athletes are on their own as far as workouts. Hopefully they can get a head start this summer.

Last edited:
Reactions: I40flyer
I'm sure there was a student team meeting to work out in their own. I'm sure all coaches gave them ideas on what to do on their own. This team just like every other team is hungry for practice and to improve. We will be fine let the media hype of this virus to run its course and everything will be back to normal

Meanwhile , Oklahoma and a few other schools continue on with S&C and Spring Practice???

Meanwhile , Oklahoma and a few other schools continue on with S&C and Spring Practice???
The safest thing wouldn’t be to schedule different periods for working out. Sanitize often and keep them on campus. What the he’ll do they think sending all these students home is gong to accomplish?

I'm sure most everyone would be okay with this, except maybe Butch Jones.

More than likely they're given diet/home workout plans and film to study. They may even allow the gym but only allow a certain amount at a time.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the season start pushed back a couple of weeks. This to allow for a later start for preseason practice. Experts are predicting that the epidemic may ebb and flow for up to five months.

VN Store

Back