Vol RB Jeremy Banks Focusing on What’s Crucial..

He played at 6’1 210 last year iirc. Not exactly a jumbo sized running back. I’d personally like to see him move to defense because of his toughness and mentality. Plus, only so many touches he can get on offense with Chandler and Gray ahead of him....whereas if he can get in the LB rotation, he can potentially make more of an impact.

However, perhaps landing Henry and Crouch in this last class completely changed our LB dynamic and Jeremy now has the most value as a changeup RB. Will be interested to see how it plays out.
I think, with the LBs we now have, he is more needed at RB. If he can hold on to the ball, he will be a stud RB.

He better carry the ball 200 times without a fumble or he is in dog house again
Too many quality backs on the team for him to keep making mistakes. He will be a senior one day and have freshmen ahead of him on depth chart one day if he keeps fumbling

I like him at RB and that position group is thin numbers wise. LB unit has improved considerably through recruiting and have numbers now. I suspect he'll stay at RB and can get some carries if he can hold on to the football. We need someone with his style of running in order to lean on teams when we need to.

If opposing teams are aware of your shortcomings, they will focus on that. Teams know he is prone to fumbling, so they will key on that.
In basketball, weak free throw shooters are the ones that are preferred to be fouled.
In baseball, if it is known that you can't hit a curve ball, then you will see many curve balls thrown at you,.
In basketball, if you can't dribble left, then defenses will try to get you to go left.

Reactions: LittleVol
If opposing teams are aware of your shortcomings, they will focus on that. Teams know he is prone to fumbling, so they will key on that.
In basketball, weak free throw shooters are the ones that are preferred to be fouled.
In baseball, if it is known that you can't hit a curve ball, then you will see many curve balls thrown at you,.
In basketball, if you can't dribble left, then defenses will try to get you to go left.

Defenses in football are taught to try and strip the ball regardless of who's carrying it so I'm not sure how they could key on that anymore for a running back. For different positions, yes you can exploit weaknesses (Ex QB that has trouble with cross field throws, or a corner that cheats up) The burden is going to be squarely on Banks whether or not he loses the ball.

Last edited:
Meh. He had a high school coach that motivated him and he's leaning on those life lessons that a good mentor can give to figure it out. He's rebooting his motivation. Good for him. Go to work.

Yeah, because no running back ever has gotten over fumble issues as a freshman.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I agree 100% He will have to earn every carry, I just think that RB is really the only position other than ST where he can get any playing time. We are loaded at LB with young talent and there are no signs that he's up to the 230 lbs needed to play mlb. He'll be at rb I feel.

His fumbling issues are very fixable.
Meditation is what he needs.

His focus isn't where it needs to be. He's just FIRED UP!!!!!!!! ALLL THE TIIIIIME!!!...

And he's careless because his emotion is too much in control. He's a free runner and you aren't as free when you are locked in on that football security.

He has to get to a point where the ball is secured by reflex...with his instincts. Overtime he'll instinctually put 4 points of pressure on the ball when he needs to.

He really is a good player. And If not for To'oto'o coming in, the Banks would have gotten a lot of time at LB. I believe he would have been at least 2nd string with Ignot...if not starting.

But we do need a physical RB too. Now we have one again.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
His fumbling issues are very fixable.
Meditation is what he needs.

His focus isn't where it needs to be. He's just FIRED UP!!!!!!!! ALLL THE TIIIIIME!!!...

And he's careless because his emotion is too much in control. He's a free runner and you aren't as free when you are locked in on that football security.

He has to get to a point where the ball is secured by reflex...with his instincts. Overtime he'll instinctually put 4 points of pressure on the ball when he needs to.

He really is a good player. And If not for To'oto'o coming in, the Banks would have gotten a lot of time at LB. I believe he would have been at least 2nd string with Ignot...if not starting.

But we do need a physical RB too. Now we have one again.
I disagree. A RB shouldn't have to be thinking about ball security during a game. It's all muscle memory.

I like him at RB and that position group is thin numbers wise. LB unit has improved considerably through recruiting and have numbers now. I suspect he'll stay at RB and can get some carries if he can hold on to the football. We need someone with his style of running in order to lean on teams when we need to.
Everything we have at LB is purely on paper at the moment. Adding HT and Crouch looks great, should bear fruit, but you never know until you know. Same with Peterson.....we were all thrilled last year when he signed but he literally did nothing last year ....so you just don’t know until they start playing.

Linebacker was one of our weakest positions last year with DKJr, Ignont and Bituli, we need as much help as possible at that position. Curious to see if they do indeed let Banks play running back or if they go ahead and switch him over where we badly need help.

He played at 6’1 210 last year iirc. Not exactly a jumbo sized running back. I’d personally like to see him move to defense because of his toughness and mentality. Plus, only so many touches he can get on offense with Chandler and Gray ahead of him....whereas if he can get in the LB rotation, he can potentially make more of an impact.

However, perhaps landing Henry and Crouch in this last class completely changed our LB dynamic and Jeremy now has the most value as a changeup RB. Will be interested to see how it plays out.

Well I think Crouch and To'oto'o will challenge for reps early, or at least we need them. On the field, Crouch seems like a stronger version of Rueben Foster. To'oto'o seems like a natural at the position.

What will be interesting, is where guys like Beasley play. He is an absolute torpedo seeking the ball. He is a tweener at LB and S. He gains 20 lbs then he is a sure LB. He seems ideal in the nickel playing as a cover LB especially with a DT with incredible size keeping an OL off him.

Reactions: LittleVol
Well I think Crouch and To'oto'o will challenge for reps early, or at least we need them. On the field, Crouch seems like a stronger version of Rueben Foster. To'oto'o seems like a natural at the position.

What will be interesting, is where guys like Beasley play. He is an absolute torpedo seeking the ball. He is a tweener at LB and S. He gains 20 lbs then he is a sure LB. He seems ideal in the nickel playing as a cover LB especially with a DT with incredible size keeping an OL off him.

I think Crouch will primarily be Jack or OLB.
Beasley may end up at RB.
I'm afraid he'll get ejected if he plays defense..

I ******* hate the targeting rules.

3xp8Ht2ZdqDifF4BaS5U8gxa3T3JJJ6ptlI7zGpdprmQQ1FcaERAMVjGRAVJ6RHZZEbDFQ=s85

I think Crouch will primarily be Jack or OLB.
Beasley may end up at RB.
I'm afraid he'll get ejected if he plays defense..

I ******* hate the targeting rules.
I think Crouch will end up having a few legendary runs for the offense. Of course I hope he becomes the second coming of Al Wilson on defense.

VN Store

Back