Vol players I miss the most.

I'm going to stick to recent years just for the sake of skipping the easy ones - I miss Eric Berry, Jauan Jennings, Denarius Moore, Jerod Mayo, Omar Gaither, Kevin Burnett, Derek Barnett, James Wilhoit, Donte Stallworth, Josh Dobbs, Erik Ainge, Justin Harrell, Kevin Burnett, Casey Clausen, Jason Witten, Travis Stephens, and for my special pick, Troy Fleming, who I feel could have done a lot more in a different offensive scheme.

Really miss Donte Stallworth. One of the best all around wideouts I've ever seen live in Neyland. Lot of greats, don't get me wrong, but Donte could catch anything anywhere any time. Just fun to watch that guy play.

Eric Berry was something else though. You could just feel opposing offenses avoiding him - it was the damndest thing. I've seen that effect in a lot of games at times, but with Berry it was like a palpable, constant fear. Offenses didn't want to go anywhere near #14. I'm exaggerating of course, but ... not really.
Ask Tebow about number 14

Being born in 1953, (man, it's hard to say that) I have some memories of long forgotten Vols that I thought I would remember forever, but alas, I didn't. I think Dewey Warren was the quarterback when I started following the Vols, Richmond Flowers and Larry Seivers were two of the best receivers that ever played at Tennessee, Will Overstreet was another of my all time favorites, I wish I could remember all the greats in Tennessee football history. There have been many who put on the Orange that fought on every snap of the ball.

Obviously Peyton.

Reggie White
Willie Gault
Cosey Coleman
Bill Bates
Heath Shuler
anyone named Colquitt
Dale Jones
Dale Carter
Shawn Bryson

Yeah, the good old days...

Edited:. How could I forget Mose Phillips, with the huge screen pass from Shuler to break the Gators' back in the Armageddon lighting storm in '92.

He was also the star of "...running over, under and through defenders from South Carolina..." John Ward call memorials zed the Kenny Chesney's "The Voice".

I love and miss the scrappers. Juaun Jennings is the most recent guy who seemed to have that mentality. Dale Jones has already been mentioned. Bill Duff, JJ McCleskey, Jesse Mahelona (RIP), Al Wilson, of course.
Wes Brown

Reactions: Hacksaw
Wes Brown

Yeah, it's almost unfair to start listing names because there are so many that you would surely leave some guys out. Right after I posted I immediately thought of several more. Scott Galyon comes to mind. You could go on and on.

And a lot of them would be OL guys. Hell, some of our late-80s/early-90s OLs could be listed in their entirety. I really miss having a mean and talented OL.

I like the scrappers!

Lucas Taylor
Colton Jumper
Travis Stephens

All three would’ve done great with NIL endorsements

Reactions: Hacksaw
My favorite Vols are all from my childhood.
Dewey Warren
Charlie Fulton
Richmond Flowers
Bobby Scott
Bobby Majors (I even taped my shoes in hs like BM did)
Jamie Rotella

We must be about the same age (I’m 65). I’ll add a few more to this;

Hacksaw
Kiner
Jackie Walker
Conrad Graham
Curt Watson

The good old days.......

Not any players specifically but I miss having solid producton from the defensive tackle position. I was originally going to say dominant defensive tackles but at this point I would take an average SEC rotation.

I'm gonna miss Tim Priest.. already missing him as a player, but I loved the way he didn't sugarcoat the obvious.
1625604348006.png

1625604063622.png

VN Store

Back