Vol Nation

Bigorangedan23

I’m sick and tired of our own people saying how bad we are going to get beat by Bama. I’ve been to many games and watched many miracles happen. 1980 USA vs Soviet Union hockey gold metal game is one that comes to mind. Bo Jackson comes to town and we put him in his place. This Tennessee team doesn’t quit. They don’t give up and they are coached up. Big upset Saturday and watch the riot in Tuscaloosa….
GBO

I’m sick and tired of our own people saying how bad we are going to get beat by Bama. I’ve been to many games and watched many miracles happen. 1980 USA vs Soviet Union hockey gold metal game is one that comes to mind. Bo Jackson comes to town and we put him in his place. This Tennessee team doesn’t quit. They don’t give up and they are coached up. Big upset Saturday and watch the riot in Tuscaloosa….
GBO
232A130D-243B-4C28-812A-5300712D3379.jpeg

GBO

"Stewardess, I'll have whatever the captain is drinking"

GBO
14 years of continuous beatings, I don’t see us doing anything different this year. Don’t get your hopes up, just another beating this year. Until we have talent, on par with Alabama.. we ain’t doing nothing.

GBO

My heart says yes, but my brain says no.
My gut is digesting breakfast.

At full strength, I could see us making a game of it. I just don't see us winning this one with our lack of depth and banged up players at key positions. Also, there's no way that Alabama will be allowed to lose another game essentially knocking them out of the playoffs. It's just not going to happen.

Football is an odd-shaped object. Strange things happen when it is tossed around. 1985, Vinny was going to steamroll UT in the Sugar Bowl. 35 to 6? It turned out. Bama is a great football team coached by an old master. Until he retires they will continue to lock down the best talent and coach them up. But they have been beaten. Recently. So maybe they will be playing with some questions too.

Having said that, if the occupants of the International Space Station parachute into the stadium wearing the Big Orange, who knows. GO VOLS.

Reactions: Bigorangedan23
GBO
I understand, but................................

giphy.gif

If the league assigns the same officials as it plagued us with in Neyland vs. OM, we will get get beat bad.

Many of the same situations we faced against Ole Miss were seen in the Appy State/Coastal game on Wednesday night. The officials called every one of them the opposite of what UT was served last week. Amazing. What spokesman really says, "this crew wasn't prepared for the atmosphere of the game?"

Reactions: OrangeRaid Vol #1
At full strength, I could see us making a game of it. I just don't see us winning this one with our lack of depth and banged up players at key positions. Also, there's no way that Alabama will be allowed to lose another game essentially knocking them out of the playoffs. It's just not going to happen.
absolutely right, every call will go their way on Saturday night and the SEC will not say anything about how poorly the game was officiated.

We've got to make our own breaks and take advantage of every time we have the ball. Keep the refs out of the game.

Reactions: SAPPER 5
If Hooker is playing I think we can keep it somewhat close in the first half. However, our lack of depth will show up in the second half and I believe Bama will pull away. If Milton starts, who knows but my gut says we'll be down by a lot at the half. If we had a full roster and hadn't lost anyone to the portal or injuries, I could foresee a potential upset, but not with the current depleted roster. Our starters will be gassed in the 4th and we don't have quality depth to give them a breather.

Reactions: SAPPER 5 and 90 Vol
Looking forward to continuing improvement, just like we’ve seen all season.
We have been transformed in less than a year from a team that was uninspired, unmotivated, and underperforming into a team that is fun to watch. We score points now. Our defense will bust some heads. Think how concerned we were about the defense keeping up with the offense before the season started. They hold their own with anybody. Even with injuries and being short handed. The DC and all the defensive coaches deserve high praise. They have done a great job. Our offense has done a complete I80. After how many years of buffoonery? CJH took an average portal transfer and turned him into one of the top quarterbacks in SEC. And he’s going to be back next year. I saw him playing up close at the Florida game and he busts his ass for us on every play. For Beldar, we were lucky to get to 20 in a game. Now we get that in the first ten minutes.
So for this year, we may be out talented and out numbered but we won’t be out played. We will still be fun to watch. They will know we don’t roll over anymore. Even if we don’t win on the scoreboard this year, they will know they won’t be looking forward to playing us again next year. We are coming for you. We are coming for all of you. Just like Lane saw last week. (I guarantee he was happy to get out of there) and Nicky is going to see tomorrow. We aren’t the same old Vols of the last 20 years.
That’s why I will watch tomorrow even if it goes against us. And I just laid down a thousand and took the 25.

Well, be sick and tired then. UT will lose. They don't have the talent or depth to compete with a team that has had top 3 recruiting classes for the past bazillion years in a row. Expect the same against Georgia.

I'm all for optimism, but you have to concede to reality here.

GBO
I would love to see Bama fans throwing water and mustard bottles in Bryant-Denny. If would be funny seeing all of the ESPN talking heads trying to put lipstick on that pig.

VN Store

Back