Vol Nation, what is wrong with Clay Travis

I don't pay attention to him, partially because I can't listen to him anyway. But if he's regularly baiting Vols fans, and they're stupid enough to continually be baited, they deserve it. I used to know a person who seemed to drive into every freaking darn pothole on the road. Including ones he had been in time and again. A guy riding with us even remarked, "Hey Sleepy, back up, you missed one." People who won't learn, can't learn. Exploit the heck out of them, I say.

More click bait from Vols, Vandy about like having a high school following.

I personally admire the man for his success and I like the way he helped us avoid a disastrous hire and for that, also helped us get Fulmer back.

I give him a lot of credit. If Currie had been able to get that hire done, he possibly would also still be here. But that's questionable, I guess.

I went to a private liberal arts college and then to Memphis for law school, but having grown up a Vol fan, I'm still rooting for the Orange, even against Memphis. So, I completely understand his allegiance to the Vols. He is, without a doubt, a passionate fan.

Reactions: 1 person
You couldn't be any further from the truth even if you tried. The guy is a straight moderate. He's a social liberal and fiscal conservative. He's called out Trump for things just as much as he called out Hillary.

The guy is big on Trump right now because tax reform passed for the first time in 31 years. That's a big deal and the economy is booming.

This may be news to you, but you can support someone on a few issues and oppose them on other issues.

The All or Nothing crowd really amazes me.

In today's political climate seems like people are carrying signs that say "Hooray for our side!"

Clay Travis is the Lane Kiffin of sports media. Always known for attention whoring, immaturity, shock jocking, and thinks he's far better than he is at his job. And then he wonders why nobody will hire him in a high-profile job. Just like Kiffin.

Pretty much my thoughts.

I also feel like several years ago he was more tolerable. Then he turned his persona into this bad guy schtick that is over-the-top annoying.

Simple, listen closely and understand. HE WENT TO VANDY AND HE HATES UT!! He baits UT fans almost weekly and Vol Fans fall for it.. Again, the man went to Vandy. He Hates Tenn fans and says things to get them riled up while posing to be on their side. He plays to UT fans pride.

OH you mean like FINEBAUM did Bammer when he was starting out in Bham? PRETENDED TO LOVE EM.

Obviously good at what he does. Just putting his name in the subject line gets 8 pages of comments in a few hours.

Obviously good at what he does. Just putting his name in the subject line gets 8 pages of comments in a few hours.

A guy like Clay would claim 8 pages. A guy like me would say just over 2. All about perspective

He’s a UT fan but not a ball washer. Lots of thin skinned folks can’t handle critism of schools they are loosely tied too.

Reactions: 3 people
He’s a troll that knows how to push buttons. He only cares about 1 thing, his ratings. Dude doesn’t care about UT or Vandy, but he sure will play it up when it benefits him. He’s the class clown that needs attention and he’ll say anything to get it.

Simple, listen closely and understand. HE WENT TO VANDY AND HE HATES UT!! He baits UT fans almost weekly and Vol Fans fall for it.. Again, the man went to Vandy. He Hates Tenn fans and says things to get them riled up while posing to be on their side. He plays to UT fans pride.

I went to Alabama, so I must be a secret agent fan of the turds ehh? I have loved UT sports since I was 10, and proudly wore the Big Orange colors at the capstone all time time. IF he is truly baiting then he's one hell of a fisherman. However, he hasn't been wrong much, UT admins have taken the easy roads countless times and left us fans to suffer for their lack of work ethic.

Clay Travis is the Lane Kiffin of sports media. Always known for attention whoring, immaturity, shock jocking, and thinks he's far better than he is at his job. And then he wonders why nobody will hire him in a high-profile job. Just like Kiffin.

Yeah because a nationally syndicated radio show during the 6-9 slot on a few hundred stations is small time... Clay has made himself a multi-millionaire doing what he does. I would consider that to be pretty damn good at your job.

Reactions: 2 people
I kinda like him too, though I do believe he is more about attracting attention than anything else. He always speaks his mind, which I can appreciate even if I disagree with him sometimes.

As far as the haters he has...I think a lot of it has to do with his more conservative viewpoints more than anything. He definitely is a Trump supporter, so most of the media despises him for that reason.

And then there's this:

Clay Travis believes in the First Amendment and Boobs

He has no filter for sure.

Clay is a very funny guy. People here tend to hate him but he does sports entertainment not sports news and when you realize that, you can enjoy his show. People say they hate him then click on his website and bring him up here, which only give him more attention, which is what he wants. Don’t like him? Fine don’t give him any attention. Imho, he’s hilarious and very good at what he does.

Reactions: 3 people
I went to Alabama, so I must be a secret agent fan of the turds ehh? I have loved UT sports since I was 10, and proudly wore the Big Orange colors at the capstone all time time. IF he is truly baiting then he's one hell of a fisherman. However, he hasn't been wrong much, UT admins have taken the easy roads countless times and left us fans to suffer for their lack of work ethic.

Interesting.

Transplant Vol or rebel Vol?

VN Store

Back