Vol girl fans thread

6a00d8341c5f3053ef01b7c7edbe82970b-800wi

One of the Cuban guys we met on the tour told us "Cuban men always have the last word - 'yes, honey' ".

SUeUCn53naadO.gif

Some things are universal!

Reactions: volwindy
It IS remarkably quiet in the Zone! :eek:

I know, you would almost think it was a Thursday night, lol. BF (at my age, I feel silly for referring him that way), grilled steak, two nights in a row. You all know how I love steaks, (would say beef, but would probably be in “out of context” thread before I finished typing), anyway, he is having bp and other health issues, so is over boarding it, before he is put on low cholesterol diet.

Oh shoot! You were gonna do a thread on your trip! Did I miss it?
No, I didn't do a thread - figured it would be overkill. Most of it was concerts (two different performances and venues a night) and eating. But we did visit a high school music conservatory (we donated "fake books", aka gig books, along with guitar strings, reeds etc.) to the jazz band. We also visited an organic farm up in the hills. Met so many wonderful people who were very good-natured and accepting of my terrible Spanglish, that periodically included French, plus veered at times into an Italian accent. At one point I found myself speaking German for reasons unknown.

The Cubans love having Americans visit, mainly because it is made so difficult by the US State Department. I kind of decided that anything I posted would wander off into politics, which I don't want to do here. It's a shame, because it's a fantastic country - I'm talking about the people. They have hung together through a lot in the last 60 years. The musicians and artists are very open and critical about things that they think need improving (the PCC, etc.) The only grumpy Cubans we saw were the honor guards at the Museum of the Revolution, who apparently were chosen for their ability to scowl. They looked like something from a time warp.

VN Store

Back