Vol girl fans thread

Awright, fellow explorers in the land of X chromosome social media:

I think I’m gonna do this. Be sure to Zoom in to see the green and purple streaks, although I’d probably replace the purple with teal, and maybe add in some mahogany. My hair is a medium brown, lighter than what appears to be the model’s base hair color.

Also, I could probably wear 30 curling irons for an hour to get the beach curls, and they’d be gone in 5 minutes. Sad fact.

This is like an oil slick color, but instead of the purples and sapphires and emerald greens, it’s my colors. (Traditional oil slick colors work better on dark brown and black hair.)

So question: have any of you tried the in-your-face, not-found-in-nature colors? Is this a PITA to maintain? I’ve done subtle highlighting with copper and bronze, but not this.

1648002605604.jpeg

Also, just because this is fun (to me), here’s what you do if you want serious color in your hair, but maybe you work in a fuddy-duddy work environment that likes to frown.

You pull up your top layer of hair and apply the color underneath. The color is only revealed when your hair moves.

(This clip also reveals my jealousy of those with Asian hair, instead of my wispy, baby-fine mess.)

Slide down to “not so fast, tho” video clip.

This Girl's Secretly Dyed Hair Is Giving Us So Much Life Right Now

Reactions: Juanita
Awright, fellow explorers in the land of X chromosome social media:

I think I’m gonna do this. Be sure to Zoom in to see the green and purple streaks, although I’d probably replace the purple with teal, and maybe add in some mahogany. My hair is a medium brown, lighter than what appears to be the model’s base hair color.

Also, I could probably wear 30 curling irons for an hour to get the beach curls, and they’d be gone in 5 minutes. Sad fact.

This is like an oil slick color, but instead of the purples and sapphires and emerald greens, it’s my colors. (Traditional oil slick colors work better on dark brown and black hair.)

So question: have any of you tried the in-your-face, not-found-in-nature colors? Is this a PITA to maintain? I’ve done subtle highlighting with copper and bronze, but not this.

View attachment 441799
That's nice. A woman that has that have confidence and have power.

So when you get adventurous with your hair color should your SO anticipate anything special? Asking for a friend. ;)

Reactions: VolNExile
Gosh, I envy girls with long hair. That is so pretty! My hair is short, really short. And, still dark as midnight at my age. Sometimes I think about bleaching it out like Annie Lennox did. Be a Medusa.

Thanks! I kinda miss my hair being longer, but not when I have to fix it every morning.
I have my hair long enough to put in a ponytail (gardening, y’all), but that’s it. It just doesn’t have the oomph for serious length.

Shoot, a big reason I’m considering doing this is because colored hair (ok, I see the temptation, but don’t) has more body due to the chemical torture it undergoes.

Reactions: Orangeredblooded
Way, way back (when I had a garden in Kennesaw, Georgia) I would go around to shops and collect the hair that they swept up. Put into brown paper sacks. Spread it out. Squirrels, rabbits, deer will stay away from the scent.

Gosh, I envy girls with long hair. That is so pretty! My hair is short, really short. And, still dark as midnight at my age. Sometimes I think about bleaching it out like Annie Lennox did. Be a Medusa.
My fellow alto (let’s just say that while we wait for the rest of the congregation to start coming back to in-person church, our choir is tiny) has hair as short or shorter than yours. And even though she’s a year younger than I, her hair is snow white, and I am so jealous.

Not the least because it has enough texture to have shape. If I cut my hair that short, it would just be a flat mess on my scalp.

Way, way back (when I had a garden in Kennesaw, Georgia) I would go around to shops and collect the hair that they swept up. Put into brown paper sacks. Spread it out. Squirrels, rabbits, deer will stay away from the scent.
What a great idea! Especially if the hair was treated.

An especially lunatic cat I had 20 or so years ago hated the smell of treated hair. When I came home with highlights, she would bite my head. Or try; cat mouths not able to open very wide…

I never know what color I'm gonna be when I leave, she changes according to the season and her mood. lol But I always love it!!
I should have asked: how long do the vivids hold? And when they start to fade, do they just soften to a sorta pastel version of the original, or do they ever turn a weird, brassy color?

Now that it’s garden time, I’ll be out in the sun a LOT.

I don't know anything about color treated hair. Most I ever did in HS was lemon juice. Between that and the olive oil I rubbed down with, I was swatting ants all day at the pool.

Reactions: VolNExile
I should have asked: how long do the vivids hold? And when they start to fade, do they just soften to a sorta pastel version of the original, or do they ever turn a weird, brassy color?

Now that it’s garden time, I’ll be out in the sun a LOT.
It's a gradual fade, to the point you don't even realize it's happened. She has been doing my hair for 15+ years. I can't imagine anybody else touching my hair.

Keep her. The gal that used to cut my hair moved to Ohio. That's when I bought the clippers. Learned a few tricks from her about cutting short hair.

Reactions: vollygirl

VN Store

Back