Vol fan gets humbled, owns it, shows some humanity

volum3

Yeah, I woo
Any time I see someone wearing VOL gear in a news story I just cringe, given the "passionate" nature of our fan base some folks just get up to stupid while also repping my Alma Mater and its embarrassing. In this case, though, things turned out alright in a way that is hard to believe in todays "triggered" environment. Take a read, maybe help this guy out:

Patton Oswalt Gets Into Twitter Spat With Trump Supporter – Then Helps Pay His Medical Bills

TL/DR, Twitter troll (wearing a UT hat) bad mouths an actor because actor took a shot at Trump, instead of engaging in stupid twitter feud actor does some homework, turns out the troll has a pile of medical issues. Actor takes the high road, donates large $'s to trolls go-fund-me to help cover medical expenses and encourages others to do the same. Folks pile on, $30K gets raised, troll becomes human again, mans up and owns his actions.

Todays lessons: Being a troll is stupid. Being generous inspires others. The best way to face down the ugly side of humanity is to show the beautiful side.

Edit 1/25 3:26 PM EST - his Go fund me is up to $35K.
Edit 1/26 8:38 AM EST - Gofundme is up to $42K

Last edited:
Very, very heart warming story. Take the time and read it folks. It's not too long.

Nice outcome. Patton was probably feeling guilty over his words regarding the evil students who didn’t do anything.
He also bad mouthed the guy before he found out about his medical issues. (F bombed him)

I know I will regret it, but whats the problem with telling the whole story? Part of the problem with all the **** in the media is that half a story always gets told.

The headline says that Oswalt was in a "spat" with him. Oswalt said he made a joke at the guy in the tweet that's been shared. Why do we need to know there was an F-bomb, exactly? Nobody has pointed out what specifically this guy said to Oswalt. The focus is almost all on Oswalt making it right and the guy's humble response, because that's where the story is.

Reactions: roosterjbh
The headline says that Oswalt was in a "spat" with him. Oswalt said he made a joke at the guy in the tweet that's been shared. Why do we need to know there was an F-bomb, exactly? Nobody has pointed out what specifically this guy said to Oswalt. The focus is almost all on Oswalt making it right and the guy's humble response, because that's where the story is.
But its not the entire story and it doesn't point out his actions before he decided to not be negative about the guy. Just asking for the entire story to be told.....not that hard and not asking too much.

But its not the entire story and it doesn't point out his actions before he decided to not be negative about the guy. Just asking for the entire story to be told.....not that hard and not asking too much.

Hopefully Obsessed will go back and find what the guy said to Oswalt first, so then we can get the for-realsy full story.

Any time I see someone wearing VOL gear in a news story I just cringe, given the "passionate" nature of our fan base some folks just get up to stupid while also repping my Alma Mater and its embarrassing. In this case, though, things turned out alright in a way that is hard to believe in todays "triggered" environment. Take a read, maybe help this guy out:

Patton Oswalt Gets Into Twitter Spat With Trump Supporter – Then Helps Pay His Medical Bills

TL/DR, Twitter troll (wearing a UT hat) bad mouths an actor because actor took a shot at Trump, instead of engaging in stupid twitter feud actor does some homework, turns out the troll has a pile of medical issues. Actor takes the high road, donates large $'s to trolls go-fund-me to help cover medical expenses and encourages others to do the same. Folks pile on, $30K gets raised, troll becomes human again, mans up and owns his actions.

Todays lessons: Being a troll is stupid. Being generous inspires others. The best way to face down the ugly side of humanity is to show the beautiful side.

Edit 1/25 3:26 PM EST - his Go fund me is up to $35K.
Edit 1/26 8:38 AM EST - Gofundme is up to $42K
Lmao. You realize that Patton Oswald is a twitter troll, right? This entire thing started over him tweeting the president to eat a bag of dicks. Dude spends his days shitposting conservatives

Reactions: davethevol
Hopefully Obsessed will go back and find what the guy said to Oswalt first, so then we can get the for-realsy full story.
Was glad he died in some movie/show
Oswalt popped back at him with some foul language
Then Oswalt tried to redeem himself before the public backlash for being a dick to a vet.

Now, how much money did Oswalt donate himself to the go fund me or did he simply encourage others to do it?

Lmao. You realize that Patton Oswald is a twitter troll, right? This entire thing started over him tweeting the president to eat a bag of dicks. Dude spends his days shitposting conservatives

I would guess said Vol fan is thankful of this particular "Twitter troll"

Was glad he died in some movie/show
Oswalt popped back at him with some foul language
Then Oswalt tried to redeem himself before the public backlash for being a dick to a vet.

Now, how much money did Oswalt donate himself to the go fund me or did he simply encourage others to do it?

Well, thanks for clarifying that you were naysaying from the start.

It goes back to James Carville and the 1992 Clinton campaign... that is when I first noticed that our country was dividing itself along party lines and that we were starting to not be able have civil disagreements.

VN Store

Back