Vol Baseball Pitcher Preview

I'm thinking Leath, Hunley, and Dallas are our best bets as weekend starters, but then there's Heflin and Sewell....could our cup finally be running over with starting pitching?

Reactions: cardvolfan
I'm thinking Leath, Hunley, and Dallas are our best bets as weekend starters, but then there's Heflin and Sewell....could our cup finally be running over with starting pitching?
I am hoping Tidwell can lock down a starting spot. He likely does not make it to campus in a normal year.

Reactions: Volsbaseballfan1
I am hoping Tidwell can lock down a starting spot. He likely does not make it to campus in a normal year.
He will definitely get a start this weekend. But, the rotation this weekend may not be the same as the rotation when we roll into SEC play. Lots of competition on the bump. I think there are 5-7 legit starters on this team. That’s a good problem to have for sure.

He will definitely get a start this weekend. But, the rotation this weekend may not be the same as the rotation when we roll into SEC play. Lots of competition on the bump. I think there are 5-7 legit starters on this team. That’s a good problem to have for sure.

I am looking forward to it. I am ready to see what the line-up looks like.

It means nasty bullpen and depth to win a regional even out of the losers bracket

Okay, I'm revising my starters list to include Tidwell. I'd even bet on it.

From today's KNS:
Vitello was close to finalizing his weekend starting rotation Tuesday, but one name was locked in.
Freshman Blade Tidwell will start a game against Georgia Southern
“His stuff is phenomenal,” Rucker said. “He has a hard fastball that moves like a cutter. He has a hard slider. He has got everything to make hitters uncomfortable.”
Tidwell, a right-handed pitcher from Loretto, likely would have been picked in the MLB Draft if not for a shortened five-round process. He is in line to be the first freshman in Tennessee’s weekend rotation since Garrett Crochet and Sean Hunley in 2018

How big of a draw is having Anderson as a pitching coach for recruiting pitchers?

Oh and for the record, I'm still pizzed we didn't get to watch Crochet in Omaha. Carry on.

Reactions: NorCalVol67
I keep getting an error message when trying to sign up for ESPN+. Anyone else have this issue?

Okay, I'm revising my starters list to include Tidwell. I'd even bet on it.

From today's KNS:
Vitello was close to finalizing his weekend starting rotation Tuesday, but one name was locked in.
Freshman Blade Tidwell will start a game against Georgia Southern
“His stuff is phenomenal,” Rucker said. “He has a hard fastball that moves like a cutter. He has a hard slider. He has got everything to make hitters uncomfortable.”
Tidwell, a right-handed pitcher from Loretto, likely would have been picked in the MLB Draft if not for a shortened five-round process. He is in line to be the first freshman in Tennessee’s weekend rotation since Garrett Crochet and Sean Hunley in 2018
Excited to follow his career, we’re from the same home town. During the offseason he went to the same gym as I did and it’s pretty impressive how his body changed, seemed like a good kid too. Went to the same HS as Ryan Weathers (7th overall pick in 2018).

VN Store

Back