VN should apologize to JG

And if jg were to see this post he is probably laughing at you right now. If you look at the blockers it is easy to see it was supposed to be a hand off to crouch running left, and there was a huge running lane where the play was supposed to go. And Pruitt is covering for jg, why, I don't know. I ask you to look at the blocking scheme and see where the run was supposed to go. If it were a qb sneak called Trey would have went right toward the middle, instead he went left. Compare the qb sneak to others we have run and notice the difference in the blocking shemes.
JG has to have pictures on someone.

Reactions: rkvdg
Watch the last 3 minutes of the 2nd quarter and tell me we need to apologize. Palmer wide open 20 yds down field directly in front of jg. and he tries to run. Dual threat/no threat

Reactions: amorange
After spending a good deal of time analyzing "the play" and seeing various videos this conclusion is thus drawn and it's perfect and revolves around the fact that Jeremy Pruitt the head coach at the university of tennessee will not allow any team member to call a time-out under any circumstance regardless of the situation. First and foremost has a time-out been called by a player that any poster on VN is aware of? I think not and to be more specific Pruitt will not tolerate such. UT was successful in pulling a QB sneak on 1st attempt vs. Ga.St. 2nd attempt not one but 2 ILB's filled the middle gaps. JG, the QB had no choice but to see what was in front of his own eyes yet he ran the called play choosing not to audible out but run said called play. Why didn't a time-out enter his mind? Flash to this Sat. nite vs. Bama and it's 4th down once again. What happened? Ole Nick or Bama's DC must watch game film because as video demonstrates the ILB, (May), filled that gap just like Ga. St. did. A QB has to see this and if many say that called played had Crouch hitting a hole then JG knew immediately that LBer wasn't gonna be blocked and no way possible was that hand-off to Crouch ever gonna occur. There's not but one solution and that's call a time-out. Why hasn't JG done this? Why hasn't anyone done this that plays for UT? You now know the truth. We don't have a football coach. He himself should have known the play was gonna get blown-up and called the time-out himself. Now after reading those 12 pages of posts something still didn't make any sense but when you factor in the fact that Pruitt will not allow a player to take it upon himself to call a time-out at a critical juncture especially a QB serious problems can arise. Is it gonna take a 3rd time? Will Bailey really play here? No wonder our QB's have little confidence. Can't be trusted to call a time-out in a critical situation is f*#king belittling. I'll go 1st JG I'm sorry you had to end up playing for Hitler. I think your a good QB and has tried and you knew the situation Sat. nite. You did try to the best of your ability under the circumstance.
PS Pruitt isn't covering JG's butt...he's covering his own. See if any media boys confront the coach over time-outs
As far as bad takes go, this one is a gold trophy winner! Congrats!

After spending a good deal of time analyzing "the play" and seeing various videos this conclusion is thus drawn and it's perfect and revolves around the fact that Jeremy Pruitt the head coach at the university of tennessee will not allow any team member to call a time-out under any circumstance regardless of the situation. First and foremost has a time-out been called by a player that any poster on VN is aware of? I think not and to be more specific Pruitt will not tolerate such. UT was successful in pulling a QB sneak on 1st attempt vs. Ga.St. 2nd attempt not one but 2 ILB's filled the middle gaps. JG, the QB had no choice but to see what was in front of his own eyes yet he ran the called play choosing not to audible out but run said called play. Why didn't a time-out enter his mind? Flash to this Sat. nite vs. Bama and it's 4th down once again. What happened? Ole Nick or Bama's DC must watch game film because as video demonstrates the ILB, (May), filled that gap just like Ga. St. did. A QB has to see this and if many say that called played had Crouch hitting a hole then JG knew immediately that LBer wasn't gonna be blocked and no way possible was that hand-off to Crouch ever gonna occur. There's not but one solution and that's call a time-out. Why hasn't JG done this? Why hasn't anyone done this that plays for UT? You now know the truth. We don't have a football coach. He himself should have known the play was gonna get blown-up and called the time-out himself. Now after reading those 12 pages of posts something still didn't make any sense but when you factor in the fact that Pruitt will not allow a player to take it upon himself to call a time-out at a critical juncture especially a QB serious problems can arise. Is it gonna take a 3rd time? Will Bailey really play here? No wonder our QB's have little confidence. Can't be trusted to call a time-out in a critical situation is f*#king belittling. I'll go 1st JG I'm sorry you had to end up playing for Hitler. I think your a good QB and has tried and you knew the situation Sat. nite. You did try to the best of your ability under the circumstance.
PS Pruitt isn't covering JG's butt...he's covering his own. See if any media boys confront the coach over time-outs
You have lost your mind

Just watch that!

First thing that comes to mind is your Football IQ is really low and that's ok. Most fans actually don't fully understand the game. Let me try to help you with this. The play called required your left guard to pull around the left edge. If your guard do that it opens up the middle for easy access to the defense. Now keep in mind the line will block down. Are you with me? Ok so if the QB wants to run a sneak he has 3 options. Option 1 change the blocking assignments. Option 2 run a QB draw from the shot gun so when you guard pulls which still wouldn't make sense the line would have time to block down. Option 3 tell no one what you're doing let your guard pull and get nailed. He chose option 3. And that's on the coach how? At least before you post understand the game a little more.

I'm just going to assume this dude is "Fahr Proot!" one thousand percent and absolutely nothing will change his mind at this point.

Haven't gone through the whole thread, but I'd assume he mentioned Georgia State at some point.

You're right. We owe JG an apology. I'll go first.

Dear Jarrett,

I'm sorry. I'm sorry that:

- you were overrated as a dual-threat HS QB, and recruited by a former trumpet player who sold scholarships the same way people sell cars. All hat, no cattle. You bought the hype, and we all paid the price.
- you passed up on Rutgers for UT. At Rutgers, you would be the best player on a bad team. At UT, you're the worst leader on a rebuilding team. We needed a game-changer. We got one, just not the kind we thought we were getting.
- you had no OL for two years, and thus didn't know what to do once you had a good one. It's fear; we get it.
- you progress through your reads the same way TSA checks luggage. One piece at a time, and so slow you can take a nap from ID check to "put your shoes back on". That dog just don't hunt against SEC defenses. Not your fault.
- Butch left you high and dry in Knoxville. Had he taken you to Tuscaloosa with him, you might have had a chance for a win on Saturday night. Well, as long as it didn't come down to a 4th and 1 play at the UT 1 yard line. Then again, the refs would have probably credited you with a 57 yard pass TD, so...all good there.
- you lost your job in your 3rd year to a kid who is still on his first razor. It has happened before, but that's always a tough pill to swallow. Again, we get it. We're sorry. Had he been born 3 years earlier, we wouldn't be where we are now. Personally, I blame his parents. They should have gotten married sooner.
- Global Warming. All our fault. Hell, I'll go ahead and take the blame for AR-15's, high taxes, homelessness, the national debt, San Francisco, the murder rate in Chicago, Hillary losing, Tesla wrecks, Toyota gas pedals, Asian air bags, Trump's Twitter account, Comey, the FBI, and luther being allowed internet access.
- but you gotta take your W/L record as a QB. Fair is fair.

And finally, I'm sorry that you had to suffer through one of the toughest episodes of UT Football as the face of the franchise. You came into an impossible situation with an unqualified coach against insurmountable odds. Despite that, you showed up every day, and as far as we can tell, for the most part you gave your all. By the time you got the coaching and support you needed, it was too late. Too many bad memories at that point. But you did give your all. And that's all we could ask of anyone.

I'm sorry it didn't work out. Seriously.

Go Vols.

JG needs to apologize to VN period. OP

Attachments

• 21731099_10210077886492303_7616799503293817202_n.jpg
    21731099_10210077886492303_7616799503293817202_n.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 0
The first thing that comes to mind after skimming over this is STFU

Just watch that!

This is spot on. I played this back numerous times and bama was crashing the A gaps w/reckless abandon. If JG executes the called play we score as the down blocks get the DL pushed into A and B gaps leaving C wide open; LBs took themselves out of the play. Best case for Bama the LB reacts quickly and scrapes over to make contact but wouldn't get a good hit that changes momentum. We lost 7 and gave them 14. OP is no Tony Romo...... ;)

He needs to apologize to the team,the coaches and every Tennessee fan. Then he needs to bnb promise to never take another snap as a Vol.

Tbones0711,watch Jordan Rogers video on the play.No way Trey pulls on a an sneak! The elongated but between Guarantano an B..eh Jones was.to get.where Jones was to send the money to JG's account without a hitch.

Huh?

Dear JG,

Im sorry you made a bonehead decision and cost us a 14 point swing. You see, when you own your decision, like the one you made to disregard the play as you did on Saturday, you own the outcome. It can either lead you to glory. Or to ruin. That’s what happens when you go against your boss in life as well. Own your actions.

signed,

me

on a positive note, my nine year old was complaining about studying last night. I told her she owned her decision to study and now was her chance to either be Jauan and take responsibility or be JG and go rogue. She studied
Lmao, im totally using that on my son.

Rewatch the play, contemplate, rewatch it again then come back. That was not a designed sneak. JG didn’t even audible because the line didn’t block as if it were a sneak. There was a wide open path to the goal line.

I'm really scratching my head as to why I would open this thread. I don't intentional hurt myself, I don't shave my head and poke holes in my ears, etc etc but like some kind of dark force I opened this thing anyways...I just don't understand why.....

I find it hard to believe JG took it upon himself to change a play like he did. But he did and it shows his immaturity, selfishness and lack of judgement. The TEAM was in position to make it a real possibility of an upset but JG's actions took away all hope of that happening. There is no way a teammate or coach will ever trust him again in such a situation. After numerous years of watching comical mishaps to TN, it appeared it was going to be in the past, but JG removed it all with one selfish play. He deserves all the criticism coming his way. I hope I never see him at QB at TN again.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN

Apparently you did not watch Video proves Jarrett Guarantano called his own number vs. Bama this!!

OP is obviously an Alabama fan or a JG fan because those are the only two groups that could make those conclusions based on all the facts and circumstances presented herein.

VN Store

Back