Vlad

VFL-82-JP

Bleedin' Orange...
I hereby declare my own country. I'm gonna call it VLAD (Vol for Life Against Dumbness).

Sure, this is just "virtual space" (thanks, Freak, for hosting Vlad) and I can't grow enough vegetables here to be self-sustaining, but they apparently can't grow vegetables in other autonomous zones either, so that's clearly not a disqualifier.

Here in Vlad, we stand for independence, and freedom from tyranny. We stand for our 1st through 40th amendment rights (we're going a bit beyond those that actually exist today, so that this document can grow with Vlad). We don't really acknowledge those amendments, because they are in the constitution of that other country that we declared independence from and not us, but we still like the rights so we'll keep them.

When I say 'we,' it's really kind of like the Royal We. I'm the only person in this space. So we really have plenty of room to expand and grow (I expand an inch around the waist every couple of years).

Vlad is all about equality. No one is more equal than me. As the only person here, I'm just as equal as I can possibly be. It feels great.

Here in Vlad, no one insults us and hurts our feelings. No one disagrees with us. No one gets into our safe space (I'm trying to convince my wife that my virtual country extends into reality just enough to include my coffee cup, my favorite chair, and maybe a narrow path to and from the kitchen ... I'll let you know when I succeed ... it will probably become a Vladian national holiday).

As the founder and First Citizen of Vlad, I would like to describe my vision for the future. Volunteer Football on TV, beer in the frig, a bottle of Jack nearby for the ritualistic pre-game shot (and post-game shots, if we lose). Wait. This is visionary: we don't lose. Ever. National championships in perpetuity. 15-0 seasons as far as the eye can see. Maybe one loss every eighth year just to keep us from becoming complacent...but we are only allowed to lose to programs over whom we have a massive series advantage, like 98 wins out of the past 100 meetings (congrats, Kentucky, you qualify for consideration!).

In conclusion: Vlad. Viva la revolucion.

[meta-question of the day: which happens first, I make 10 people snort coffee out their noses, or a mod moves the thread to an alternate sub-forum backwater where no one ever sees it again? I'm betting on the latter, those mods are quick on the draw]

Last edited:
[meta-question of the day: which happens first, I make 10 people snort coffee out their noses, or a mod moves the thread to an alternate sub-forum backwater where no one ever sees it again? I'm betting on the latter, those mods are quick on the draw]

I'm guessing backwaters. It will take just one person to realize we have enough Vlad(imir)s fooling with our country as we speak....

I hereby declare my own country. I'm gonna call it VLAD (Vol for Life Against Dumbness).

Sure, this is just "virtual space" (thanks, Freak, for hosting Vlad) and I can't grow enough vegetables here to be self-sustaining, but they apparently can't grow vegetables in other autonomous zones either, so that's clearly not a disqualifier.

Here in Vlad, we stand for independence, and freedom from tyranny. We stand for our 1st through 40th amendment rights (we're going a bit beyond those that actually exist today, so that this document can grow with Vlad). We don't really acknowledge those amendments, because they are in the constitution of that other country that we declared independence from and not us, but we still like the rights so we'll keep them.

When I say 'we,' it's really kind of like the Royal We. I'm the only person in this space. So we really have plenty of room to expand and grow (I expand an inch around the waist every couple of years).

Vlad is all about equality. No one is more equal than me. As the only person here, I'm just as equal as I can possibly be. It feels great.

Here in Vlad, no one insults us and hurts our feelings. No one disagrees with us. No one gets into our safe space (I'm trying to convince my wife that my virtual country extends into reality just enough to include my coffee cup, my favorite chair, and maybe a narrow path to and from the kitchen ... I'll let you know when I succeed ... it will probably become a Vladian national holiday).

As the founder and First Citizen of Vlad, I would like to describe my vision for the future. Volunteer Football on TV, beer in the frig, a bottle of Jack nearby for the ritualistic pre-game shot (and post-game shots, if we lose). Wait. This is visionary: we don't lose. Ever. National championships in perpetuity. 15-0 seasons as far as the eye can see. Maybe one loss every eighth year just to keep us from becoming complacent...but we are only allowed to lose to programs over whom we have a massive series advantage, like 98 wins out of the past 100 meetings or something like that (congrats, Kentucky, you qualify for consideration!).

"82"
You really need to find something useful to do.
Listen to me!! Hel- I'm reading what ever you call this thread.:rolleyes:;)

As the founder and First Citizen of Vlad, I would like to describe my vision for the future. Volunteer Football on TV, beer in the frig, a bottle of Jack nearby for the ritualistic pre-game shot (and post-game shots, if we lose). Wait. This is visionary: we don't lose. Ever. National championships in perpetuity. 15-0 seasons as far as the eye can see. Maybe one loss every eighth year just to keep us from becoming complacent...but we are only allowed to lose to programs over whom we have a massive series advantage, like 98 wins out of the past 100 meetings or something like that (congrats, Kentucky, you qualify for consideration!).

I forsee your greatest challenge in continuing your existence would be diplomatic relations with your nearest neighbor, WoVL (Wife of Vol for Life), since she may well see your attempt to cede territory within her domain as an attempted encroachment upon her sovereignty through your diplomatic attempts at obtaining a legal easement to and from the kitchen. I may suggest multiple charms and inducements such as your economy affords you, culminating in an enchanting evening of vigorous diplomacy with WoVL, will go a long way in ensuring peace and tranquility both within and without the borders of your newly declared domain.

Your other difficulty is that, depending upon the makeup of your domicile, while (like the Queen of England) you may be potentate in name, actual governance and day to day management of the territory and its subjects remains firmly in the hands of the ministerial function held by WoVL. Thus, even if you should succeed in your succession, you may well find that you are but the titular head of your new country. For it is well said that those who excel in conquering are rarely made to rule.

VN Store

Back