Vitale

I can’t stand Bill Walton and his, “Conference of Champions” rubbish every. Single. Game.

Walton is living in the past. And he was a part of some impressive UCLA teams. However, the rest of the old Pac-10? Not so sure the rest were all that great. However, he is a bit more entertaining than Vitale is. That does not take much work.

When he said Saban was jumping up and down in Tuscaloosa celebrating I was done. Wtf was that? I had to be sober listening to that BS. I highly doubt Saban even watched the game, let alone jumped up in celebration. Can he not be called out for that? He was literally cumming every time Petty shot a 3. ESPN should be embarrassed. I listened to Walton last game when Colorado played USC. Even worse. One he either had cotton mouth or couldn't clear his throat and sounded ridiculous saying wattter wattterrr at the Bilagio, as ESPN cut away. Not to mention cutting off the other guy he worked with nonstop.

Last edited:
Vitale was wearing a crimson red colored shirt and it was obvious he wanted Bama to win. He was rooting for Kentucky when we played them.

Reactions: Border Vol
Vollifer1949,Vitale is not a nice person.I worked at TPC Prestancia in the late.1998-2001.His house.was on the 12th fairway.A pompous ass is a kind.description of him.If the camera.is not on him,he has no use for anyone.The only time he would say.anything to the golf.course workers was when his bb magazine.would.come out and he passed.out copies.as.he rode.by in his golf cart.

This doesn’t surprise me at all. I feel like the stuff he does to raise money is just another way for him to get attention.

Interesting formatting though, did you send this via Morse code?

Annoying but has been a big part in the growth and popularity of college basketball the last 30 years. Needs new cliches been using the same ones for 30 years.

I think not.. He has ridden the wave. Basketball would have had the success it has enjoyed if sports announcing had never heard of him!!

Anyone remember Vitale trying to kiss Ashley Judd at a KY game. She would not let the dirty old man do it.

By no means am I a big BK fan, but mute the TV and sync up with the UT Sports radio feed if Vitale is on the call. I'll take our local guys all day. At least you might know what's going on in the game.
I don't have DVR to sync, but.. I go to Tunein put on Kesling anyway. Yep, he's around 35 seconds late on what I've just witnessed, but as long as you don't have a lot of distractions, like kids running around or a wife yelling at you, its amazing how when Kesling describes what you saw, it's pretty accurate and the brain adjusts to the lag.

The thing I like about Vol Network broadcasts is the real good information you get. When someone fouls, Kesling will say - That's his 3rd foul and the 6th team foul of the half. You hardly ever get that kind of useful information out of TV announcers, plus the TV announcers often go off on some rant about other teams and coaches, telling anecdotes about a coach or player, or highlighting an upcoming game, all while intense basketball is being played. I'll live with the lag.

I didn't even know Vitale was doing play by play yesterday.. Saw his face on the screen, but thought he was there to plug his charity (which is a worthy cause actually). He was "fingernails on the chalkboard" even before the blew out his vocal cords, Babeee.

Last edited:
Vitale was wearing a crimson red colored shirt and it was obvious he wanted Bama to win. He was rooting for Kentucky when we played them.
Ole One Eye is usually a cheerleader for the favored team most of the time.

Vitale says he loves college basketball and I believe him. So calling out a piece of sh!t, cheater, like Wade, should be considered part of his job. Although, he seems to like Bruce a little more than Wade, I've heard him call out Pearl, too. Now Coach K, he won't say a word about the Zion thing or anything else, because Dickie V loves him some Coach K

Reactions: cardvolfan
By no means am I a big BK fan, but mute the TV and sync up with the UT Sports radio feed if Vitale is on the call. I'll take our local guys all day. At least you might know what's going on in the game.
Most other schools, that would be correct. However, we have Bob. Rarely know the score or time left.

VN Store

Back