'21 Visitor List March 1st and March 7th

Y'all who follow recruiting seem excited. That, together with CJP & his staff's keen eye for talent, make the rest of us anxious for the future of Tennessee football. :D

We’re getting serious on Defense.

It’s really nice to see

Pruitt said we would have a team people will fear playing. This class can make the statement to make it so.

Hopefully Pruitt is getting a hefty raise in the off season, meaning we had ourselves a pretty good year on the field. This will only help solidify that what he is appearing to build here is legit.

Pruitt said we would have a team people will fear playing. This class can make the statement to make it so.

Hopefully Pruitt is getting a hefty raise in the off season, meaning we had ourselves a pretty good year on the field. This will only help solidify that what he is appearing to build here is legit.

I have to admit hearing him mention Bama over and over was like shoving bamboo shoots under my fingernails. It’s nice to have a coach that puts the program first, knows the history, and is actually improving things.

Before any starts yes Butch did improve things but it wasn’t constant improvement. It feels like Tennessee is steady climbing and starting to gain a foot hold in being competitive.

Just keep improving the raises will come. The only worry I have left is what happens if Bama doesent improve next year on Defense? Do the back the truck up and pull Pruitt away?

I have to admit hearing him mention Bama over and over was like shoving bamboo shoots under my fingernails. It’s nice to have a coach that puts the program first, knows the history, and is actually improving things.

Before any starts yes Butch did improve things but it wasn’t constant improvement. It feels like Tennessee is steady climbing and starting to gain a foot hold in being competitive.

Just keep improving the raises will come. The only worry I have left is what happens if Bama doesent improve next year on Defense? Do the back the truck up and pull Pruitt away?

I don't think he would leave. He has a chance to put his mark on a turn around and place himself in Knoxville for more than a decade. He builds this thing, pay him and staff whatever, why leave.

I don't think he would leave. He has a chance to put his mark on a turn around and place himself in Knoxville for more than a decade. He builds this thing, pay him and staff whatever, why leave.

Because no matter what we do the voice is always going to be there I bet. The temptation to go back and do it for them his favorite school growing up.

Reactions: tennvols77

Went to school there, played there, coached there. I don’t think they have any desire for him currently because he needs to show more success on the field first. With the history he has there, if they ever came calling, then he’d be as good as gone.

Disagree. He had a windfall of legacy talent that boosted his otherwise middling recruiting and poor recruit evals. He promptly squandered that talent because he isn't an SEC level HC. He was saved by a few extraordinary players like Barnett, Dobbs, Hurd, Kamara, etc. By the time his true colors started to show... he left the program at least somewhat worse than when he found it.

Money won't likely be the deciding factor if he really shows that good. Both schools will pay him. His choice will be whether he wants to continue to build his own legacy or try living in the shadows of Saban's. He'll also have to look at the risk of change.

Dan Hawkins was probably the key coach in Boise State's ascendance. Rebuilding Colorado had to look like a great opportunity. After making BSU nationally relevant with a 53-11 overall record, he went 19-39 at CU and was fired in disgrace. Kiffin left UT for the program he loved... and changed the trajectory of his career for the worse. There are many examples of a coach building something in one place and then failing in their "dream job" somewhere else.

Hopefully, the decision will be obvious for Pruitt when and if the time comes. UT's program is going to reflect the culture HE built by the time this choice comes. Bama won't... and will be a lot more resistant to change than UT has been.

Disagree. He had a windfall of legacy talent that boosted his otherwise middling recruiting and poor recruit evals. He promptly squandered that talent because he isn't an SEC level HC. He was saved by a few extraordinary players like Barnett, Dobbs, Hurd, Kamara, etc. By the time his true colors started to show... he left the program at least somewhat worse than when he found it.

Money won't likely be the deciding factor if he really shows that good. Both schools will pay him. His choice will be whether he wants to continue to build his own legacy or try living in the shadows of Saban's. He'll also have to look at the risk of change.

Dan Hawkins was probably the key coach in Boise State's ascendance. Rebuilding Colorado had to look like a great opportunity. After making BSU nationally relevant with a 53-11 overall record, he went 19-39 at CU and was fired in disgrace. Kiffin left UT for the program he loved... and changed the trajectory of his career for the worse. There are many examples of a coach building something in one place and then failing in their "dream job" somewhere else.

Hopefully, the decision will be obvious for Pruitt when and if the time comes. UT's program is going to reflect the culture HE built by the time this choice comes. Bama won't... and will be a lot more resistant to change than UT has been.

Which to me makes it that much harder. If we get to that level of success Tennessee will have won a lot of games and maybe a national title. Who’s to say though we’ll match what they’ll offer? The only way that happens is if Fulmer is still here or he gets someone just like him and wants Tennessee to win at a high level.

I don’t like Butch and to me he’s scum but he won. He sucked everywhere else but he won during that short span.

Went to school there, played there, coached there. I don’t think they have any desire for him currently because he needs to show more success on the field first. With the history he has there, if they ever came calling, then he’d be as good as gone.

BOOOO (I) don't like these facts Jack, keep them away........ keep hope alive. Reality is, if this sitution would come to fruition then he has done a fine job here for us at minimum.

Reactions: Jack Burton
Per AP on today's podcast here are some visitors for 3-7

Travali Price, 3 star, from NC
Jaylen Wright, NR, from NC
Kaemen Marley 4 star, from NC
Kamarro Edwards, 4 star, from NC
We should have been owning North Carolina recruiting a long time ago. Our only real competition in that region would be Clemson.

We should have been owning North Carolina recruiting a long time ago. Our only real competition in that region would be Clemson.

UF has pulled a good bit of talent out of the Charlotte area but I mostly agree with you.

Which to me makes it that much harder. If we get to that level of success Tennessee will have won a lot of games and maybe a national title. Who’s to say though we’ll match what they’ll offer? The only way that happens is if Fulmer is still here or he gets someone just like him and wants Tennessee to win at a high level.
If UT has won a NC, money won't be an issue.

I don’t like Butch and to me he’s scum but he won. He sucked everywhere else but he won during that short span.
In the first year, he won 5 when he should have won 6 or 7. I was hammered for saying so at the time... but many came around to my way of thinking by year 5.
Year 2 he won 7 while choking away 2 or 3.... which became a recurring theme.

Year 3 he won 9 but again choked away 3 very winnable or practically "won" games.

Year 4 he squandered the most talent and experience UT has had in years. He went 9-4 with a team that should have had one regular season loss... and then he really just couldn't understand why he wasn't getting love for winning 9 games.

Year 5... well that's just who Butch Jones is. When he took the job and many of us were skeptical, his apologists talked about having to give him 5 years before truly seeing what he could do. Well... the first 8 loss season in UT history was the answer.

It seems like we are in on a lot more of the top elite players this cycle.

Hope we show enough on the field... frustrating to think where we would be in recruiting had we won 10 games like we should have.

Reactions: GojiraVol17
Impressive tape on Ty Simpson, now that I'm back in Middle I may run up there to see this kid play, hit Trollingers on the way up.

He’s not leaving to be a coordinator, so unless that hypothetical involves Saban being fired? No. And I don’t see a world where Saban gets fired because of a dip in performance.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
He’s not leaving to be a coordinator, so unless that hypothetical involves Saban being fired? No. And I don’t see a world where Saban gets fired because of a dip in performance.

Money talks and I have zero doubt if that is what Saban wants that’s what he’ll get. They have plenty of money laying around.

My guess is your right. Charlie Strong is in a cake walk spot to not only revive his career but teach elite talent if they don’t get back on track this season

Money talks and I have zero doubt if that is what Saban wants that’s what he’ll get. They have plenty of money laying around.

My guess is your right. Charlie Strong is in a cake walk spot to not only revive his career but teach elite talent if they don’t get back on track this season
On your first point...so do we. Pruitt’s his own man and he ain’t going back to being a coordinator. Even if they’re insane enough to pay him $4 mil plus. Now if it’s for HC, that’s another thread.

When is the next junior day/weekend? I know it's a ways off, but is there any smoke on who is planning on attending the spring game?

VN Store

Back