Visit to Neyland

mountie99

I am making my first visiti to Neyland for a game this weekend for the ND game. I was hoping to get a little info.

I am bringing my whole family along with my brother and his family -- inlcudes 4 kids range in ages of 2-9.

I am looking for advice on parking with the opportunity to tailgate in more of the family atmoshpere instead of more of the college atmosphere. And if possible where the walk is not terrible with the kids.

Also could someone tell me about the Chevy Vol thing with the blow up rides, and stuff I saw on the Vol website?

Advice on how early we should plan to arrive to get a good place to park and take in all the activities -- I want my kids to have a great experience (myself included as this will be my first time to Neyland!)!!

Thanks for any advice.

SECCG here we come!

My best advice is to park over at the garages at the Civic auditorium and take the shuttle it will drop you off a on cumberland a couple of blocks from the staduim. I think this is the side where all the action is located.

Sorry, Mountie, I'm still waiting for my chance to go see my first game at Neyland. But I can guarantee I'll see Tennessee play Memphis here in 2006. Hopfully I'll be able to get to Neyland before that.

I also park there but with the number of family members you have with you
it will be very hard to get on a bus back unless you leave before the end of the fourth quarter.Just me and my dad go and it is still hard sometimes.

There are several parking garages around campus that range from $5 to $20 to park there. My dad and I usually park at one of those. The easiest way to get to the Volunteer Village is to go up the street which the Vol Walk takes place on. It'll take you right to it. At the VolVillage there are several food eatieries set up, live music, places where you can get free souviners, etc. Don't forget though that the VolVillage time kinda runs in the Vol Walk.. so if you want to see the players up close and personal, make time! After the Vol Walk be sure to see the band come down and play Rocky Top 10x or more. That'll take place near Gate 21.

The UTsports.com website usually has a time schedule for gameday the Wednesday of the game. You might want to check there to get your immediate times. I've done that many times as it is very useful.

Hope this was a little helpful. I'll probably be going this Saturday myself. Go Vols!

VN Store

Back