VINYL AND TURNTABLE TALK

I stopped at a yard sale up the street on my way back from errands and, inspired by this thread, I bought 3 records. I'm not really an audiophile and my ear usually prefers the cleanliness of digital recordings. My collection consists primarily of records I liked as a kid with an emphasis on local Nashville rock/alt-rock bands and records with weird cover art. This is what I found today for $2 each. I already had the Christmas Eve with Col. Sanders and had never seen the Tijuana with Col. Sanders. Probably most looking forward to listening to Music to Moog By.

P1720299.JPG

Attachments

• P1720300.JPG
    P1720300.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 6
  • P1720301.JPG
    P1720301.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 6
I stopped at a yard sale up the street on my way back from errands and, inspired by this thread, I bought 3 records. I'm not really an audiophile and my ear usually prefers the cleanliness of digital recordings. My collection consists primarily of records I liked as a kid with an emphasis on local Nashville rock/alt-rock bands and records with weird cover art. This is what I found today for $2 each. I already had the Christmas Eve with Col. Sanders and had never seen the Tijuana with Col. Sanders. Probably most looking forward to listening to Music to Moog By.

View attachment 298291
My parents had that exact Moog album lol

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
Had the day off and hit a yard sale on the way to check on the people installing new countertops at my agining parent's home. Picked up Billy Joe Shaver, Marvin Gaye, and Lady A. These $4 each, which seems high for a garage sale but I think I'll get much better when I decide to trade these in at the local used record store. The Lady A LP is still sealed and it will just go straight into my trade-in stack. I'll keep Billy Joe and decide and Marvin after a listen, just not sure I need a 3-LP set of MG.
P1720714 (2).JPGP1720715 (2).JPGP1720716 (2).JPG

Just picked these gems up this weekend!

main-qimg-b3593ea30145790da58d4f39f4ed0231

OIP.ESbctsOtea2ClQoH3DUKsAHaHj

SharedImage-1242.jpg

Interesting topic. I owned about 250 albums, mostly 70s and 80s rock. Some late 60s and all the Beatles.
They were stolen 10 years ago.
I used to trade hifi equipment on "Audigon". It's an interesting site if you are interested in the equipment, and a good place to buy used equipment. I did that from about 95 to 2010.
I have owned about 10 pairs of speakers, 10 amps, pre amps. Mostly tubes. CD players that incorporated a tube. A few turntables. 50 sets of various wires/cables. Various peripheral equipment.
The great recession forced a lot of people out of the hobby including me.
Today I'm using a Arcam amp/CD player from England and JM Reynaud speakers from France. A good match, smooth/mellow for non tube equipment.
I love albums. Analog verses digital? No contest.
I'm too old to start collecting albums again.
I have a neighbor that wants to sell his albums. From 60s, 70, 80s. At least he did 2 weeks ago .

I'm really tempted to upgrade to an acrylic platter. It's supposed to improve sound and cut down/out static. Plus let's face it, it just looks cool! It's a little pricey but I'm seriously thinking about pulling the trigger. Oh and another cool thing about acrylic platters, they change color depending on the color of the vinyl!

51sLIUCuZxL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

71c0f7eab48b08f4439d9bdc01380258_1024x1024.jpg

I'm really tempted to upgrade to an acrylic platter. It's supposed to improve sound and cut down/out static. Plus let's face it, it just looks cool! It's a little pricey but I'm seriously thinking about pulling the trigger. Oh and another cool thing about acrylic platters, they change color depending on the color of the vinyl!

51sLIUCuZxL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

71c0f7eab48b08f4439d9bdc01380258_1024x1024.jpg

Do it. If it works let us know.

VN Store

Back