Vintage photo of former Vol

tmack50

Keep up the good fight
Since its a little time between our next game, I figured that I would start a thread of name that player. See if you can name everyone in this photo.

Some of you old-school basketball diehards might get all of them. Bonus points if you name the coach.

714bcd0b2546b47346df9ac6938ef48b.jpg

Since its a little time between our next game, I figured that I would start a thread of name that player. See if you can name everyone in this photo.

Some of you old-school basketball diehards might get all of them. Bonus points if you name the coach.

Doc Rivers - Patrick Ewing - Terry Holland - Jon Sunvold - Michael Jordan - Sam Perkins - Ralph Sampson
Dale Ellis - Sam Bowie - Waymon Tisdale ? - Keith Lee

This is my era of college basketball!
714bcd0b2546b47346df9ac6938ef48b.jpg

Glenn "Doc" Rivers (Marquette) has his hand on Dale's right shoulder... That's obviously, Patrick Ewing (Georgetown) standing next to Rivers and Sam Bowie (Kentucky) seated in front of Dale. No idea who the white kid is but that is Michael Jordan (North Carolina), Sam Perkins (also NC, maybe?) and Ralph Sampson (Virginia) on the right. Don't know about who is seated on the ball but the guy on the far right and seated is Keith Lee (Memphis State, I think?).

Anyway, please tell me... that is an awesome picture!

Doc Rivers
Dale Ellis
Patrick Ewing
Sam Bowie
MJ
Keith Lee
Ralph Sampson
Terry Holland-coach

Can’t tell who 3 of them are...

Only ones I recognized right off were Ellis, Jordan and Sampson. I suck at this stuff.

Keith Lee was drafted just ahead of Karl Malone and Joe Dumars in the 1985 NBA Draft. The Chicago Bulls drafted him... Can you imagine if they had taken Malone?

What was this team? An East v west or something. Not 1 Western player here unless you count Mizz or Maqt west.

... With the exception of Jordan's Converse T, there are no logo's per se (though Sampson's Adidas stripes were revolutionarily obvious) on any player (or tats!). And oh yeah, Jordan's wearing Adidas, not Nike.

Reactions: aWhiteLoftonChism
I like how the photog told em all to look like Bad Bad Leroy Brown for the photo. Coach didn't get the memo.

Anyone notice something significantly ironic about this photo as it pertains to the player's apparel?
... With the exception of Jordan's Converse T, there are no logo's per se (though Sampson's Adidas stripes were revolutionarily obvious) on any player (or tats!). And oh yeah, Jordan's wearing Adidas, not Nike.
Bingo.

In what would become the most iconic and popular shoe, and eventual brand of a generation, "Jordan" is seen here wearing Adidas. Thought that was a little funny.

Reactions: VolNExile
Some epic pickup games at Dr. Bob's. I remember trying to body up Doug Roth on a switch.
And you lived to tell. You are a legend in my book! I seem to recall Doug could use his elbows effectively, as well that weight. That was before all the sissy flagrant foul crap that we have today, of course.

Reactions: VolNExile

VN Store

Back