Vintage photo of former Vol

jrwvol

Since its a little time between our next game, I figured that I would start a thread of name that player. See if you can name everyone in this photo.

Some of you old-school basketball diehards might get all of them. Bonus points if you name the coach.

Doc Rivers - Patrick Ewing - Terry Holland - Jon Sunvold - Michael Jordan - Sam Perkins - Ralph Sampson
Dale Ellis - Sam Bowie - Waymon Tisdale ? - Keith Lee

This is my era of college basketball!

Glenn "Doc" Rivers (Marquette) has his hand on Dale's right shoulder... That's obviously, Patrick Ewing (Georgetown) standing next to Rivers and Sam Bowie (Kentucky) seated in front of Dale. No idea who the white kid is but that is Michael Jordan (North Carolina), Sam Perkins (also NC, maybe?) and Ralph Sampson (Virginia) on the right. Don't know about who is seated on the ball but the guy on the far right and seated is Keith Lee (Memphis State, I think?).

Anyway, please tell me... that is an awesome picture!

cncchris33

Anyone notice something significantly ironic about this photo as it pertains to the player's apparel?
... With the exception of Jordan's Converse T, there are no logo's per se (though Sampson's Adidas stripes were revolutionarily obvious) on any player (or tats!). And oh yeah, Jordan's wearing Adidas, not Nike.
Bingo.

In what would become the most iconic and popular shoe, and eventual brand of a generation, "Jordan" is seen here wearing Adidas. Thought that was a little funny.

VN Store