Vincent Yarbrough...

thunder5

Cause I like to party
Has he called games before? I don’t recall ever seeing him call one...I was very impressed by him...seemed natural and not awkward at all just from a speaking stand point...and the knowledge he added about strategy and player development was top notch...again, I was very much impressed by him last night

Has he called games before? I don’t recall ever seeing him call one...I was very impressed by him...seemed natural and not awkward at all just from a speaking stand point...and the knowledge he added about strategy and player development was top notch...again, I was very much impressed by him last night

Uhhh... he's called some Tennessee games on SEC Network for quite a few years.

He's been there, done that for quite some time now.
Called the New Mexico exhibition game last week, too.
By the bye, does anyone know the score of the double-secret, pre-exhibition game against Davidson?

He calls the ones on SECN+, online viewing only, seems like those games maybe the home team is responsible for providing announcers. I actually think he’s pretty bad, hard to hear and considering he only does Tennessee games you would think he would be familiar with our roster...he called Gaines by the name Goins all night long.

He’s a VFL and I loved watching him play here, but man he is bad IMO. Obviously not everyone feels the same way since he’s been doing it for a couple years now but I have to put it on mute or turn it way down.

Reactions: johnfnkelly
His delivery takes a little getting used to, but an announcer has to be really bad for me to even take notice.

You know...like Beth Mowins bad.

He is probably the worst announcer I've ever heard. He talks to talk most of the time, rarely adds anything to the conversation, his voice is so monotone and deep you can't hear him half the time and there's zero excitement obviously. Is what it is I guess, since he only does these early games that aren't really on TV.

Reactions: iKrager
He calls the ones on SECN+, online viewing only, seems like those games maybe the home team is responsible for providing announcers. I actually think he’s pretty bad, hard to hear and considering he only does Tennessee games you would think he would be familiar with our roster...he called Gaines by the name Goins all night long.
Gotta agree with you. I do appreciate his personal insights and stories though.

He is probably the worst announcer I've ever heard. He talks to talk most of the time, rarely adds anything to the conversation, his voice is so monotone and deep you can't hear him half the time and there's zero excitement obviously. Is what it is I guess, since he only does these early games that aren't really on TV.
Not even close to the worst. Vitale is the worst ever. All is does is yell and call names like Diaper Dandy. He provides no insight to the game. At least Yarborough does talk about basketball.

Reactions: IndyVol46
Not even close to the worst. Vitale is the worst ever. All is does is yell and call names like Diaper Dandy. He provides no insight to the game. At least Yarborough does talk about basketball.
Barely, he just says things that aren't even true. Like someone else said, considering he only calls UT games, he doesn't really know a lot about the team.

Vitale is clearly polarizing. You love him or hate him, but either way he's a broadcasting hall of fame member. Vincent is not in the same league.

I love bill Walton because he is literally a lunatic. It's good television

Lol

It’s probably the worst commentary of all time.
But I find myself tuning into UC Santa Barbara vs UC Irvine just to hear it.

I'm glad that he's calling games, but it drives me crazy how he starts every sentence with either 'obviously' or 'absolutely'. And the monotone voice sounds like the teacher from Ferris Bueller.

I watch most games with the sound down has to be certain announcers for me to care to hear what they have to say.

VN Store

Back