Video: Which QB looks better?

I couldnt tell who looks better. I would start either Shrout or Maurer though.

Don't know the numbers except jg's but in my opinion # 12 is the best, much smoother and lots quicker. So whoever nu. 12 is. But without defense you can't tell much about a qb in situations like this. How they do at game speed and with full defense is only way you can tell. So who is nu. 12

Don't know the numbers except jg's but in my opinion # 12 is the best, much smoother and lots quicker. So whoever nu. 12 is. But without defense you can't tell much about a qb in situations like this. How they do at game speed and with full defense is only way you can tell. So who is nu. 12
Shrout? Nothing can be gleaned from this limited sample that isnโ€™t a personal narrative...so I think we agree.

There's nothing there to tell who's best for a lot of reasons.

But the reason to try someone else isn't that JG isn't the best in practice. The reason is that he appears to have hit his ceiling when it comes game time. We can be pretty sure that's the case with him. We don't know what either of the other two might do if given an opportunity.

At this point, the greater risk is sticking with a 4th year QB who still can't read coverage and deliver the ball on time to the right receiver... a QB that is ineffective at leading the O to points but rather pads stats by throwing "safe" passes.

From what I could see and my personal opinion #18 looked the best. But thatโ€™s just my opinion and im not even completely sure who it is.

Not sure it matters how they look in practice. I'm starting to think JG is a practice star and freezes up on Saturday.

Either that or we've somehow recruited two of the worst backups in school history. It's hard to believe that we whiffed this badly on two 3* recruits.

If neither of them can beat out JG, then they should both consider transferring to a FCS school

Reactions: DaUndergroundMan
Jennings in a wildcat package...

Hell idk. Practice is so locked down itโ€™s not like we have a big enough sample size to even compare. Just the words of the current staff.

All I know for sure is JC and Tee look pissed and called conservative plays to cover for JGs shortcomings. Were they mad because of the situation or because Pruitt is hamstringing them with an inferior QB for who knows what reason?

I think weโ€™re just boned this season.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
So you want evidence of me proving there is no evidence? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Where is the evidence of the "quick twitch?"
I never mentioned โ€œquick twitchโ€. And the reason you have no evidence is we never had a legit QB competition and Maurer hasnโ€™t received a single meaningful game rep.

Hard to draw conclusions from nothing.

You love making Maurer myths up. Lmao.

I wish he was as good as you think.
He may be, but we have yet to see him in a game. We have seen that at least one of our QBs is having a really tough time at his position and has problems since last year's Kentucky game. Is it mental and something he can overcome? He has had Spring and Fall practices and two games this year to show he what he can do/ So far, we have lost all four of the games since the Kentucky game last year. The problem does nor seem to be the receivers as some have been open on almost every passing play. Not very many passes have been dropped when the ball gets to them. His completion rate outside the hash marks has been good, but passing over the middle seems to be the problem and is where he is throwinf into double/triple coverge. When they ran the pattern with 4 receivers going deep, at least two of them were wide open.

I never mentioned โ€œquick twitchโ€. And the reason you have no evidence is we never had a legit QB competition and Maurer hasnโ€™t received a single meaningful game rep.

Well that is what we were talking about. So . . .

We have evidence. Every single talent evaluator and coach who has seen both in person either considered JG the better prospect or better player who should start.

We definitely don't have a shred of evidence BM is better in any area.

I'm sure I'm missing something, but who is No. 7? Way too big to be either Brandon Johnson or Romello Edwards (the on;y No. 7's listed on the roster)

We have evidence. Every single talent evaluator and coach who has seen both in person either considered JG the better prospect or better player who should start.

I get sick of seeing them throw to wide receivers down the sideline to stationary receivers or receivers coming back to the ball. I see that's basically all they try in practice too. Gives the guys almost zero chance for yards after the catch.

Playbook sucks but I understand why its limited.

It's only drills, so it's hard to put too much stock into these, but Shrout clearly looked the best in my opinion. Great footwork, got rid of the ball very quickly, and squares up his shoulders well on the run. Starting at 1:35 and going through is a good example. In each drill, you see the 2 QBs have different reads, but Shrout consistently gets rid of the ball more quickly than the others. Also, starting a 1:48 it seems Shrout has a quicker release than JG as well. You can see JG hands sit lower and come sllightly forward as he starts his throwing motion, where as Shrout keeps his hands high.

Again, they are only drills, but I like what I see from Shrout.

Reactions: butchna

Only one video and it's only drills, but Mauer clearly looked more sloppy than JG or Shrout. But he also looked considerably more athletic than either one as well.

Reactions: butchna
For everyone clamoring to see the backups instead of JG (which I'm not necessarily opposed to by the way) ... don't worry, sometime during the UF, UGA, Mrs, Sippi St, Bama stretch we'll see JG get knocked out of the game, maybe even more than one game (not wishing that on him, just saying it seems possible) and then we'll see what we have coming off the bench.

Furthermore, we'll see how the team responds to that player ... which may be more important than the skill of that player alone.

Time will tell (maybe).

Gosh, I hate being so wishy washy ...
tenor.gif

VN Store

Back