Vescovi to go through NBA draft evaluation process

He’s not a Steph Curry but he is similar to Seth Curry in college. Except Santi is bigger, better defender, rebounder, & passer than Seth was in college. In today’s NBA where outside shooting is at a premium he definitely has a chance to make a roster.

You forgot the blue font.

He'll be back, IMHO. If he can do like Chris Lofton did and develop a dribble-drive game to go with his 3-point shooting, he will be hard to guard. It's the thing missing from his game that he needs. Michigan did a good job exploiting that gap in his game, IMHO.

Excellent insight and spot on.

Santi's shortcomings mirror the team at large, outside of KC, in that we didn't really have a consistent dribble-drive threat.

Was really hoping JJJ would develop into more of a slasher given the rest of his attributes but maybe CRB isn't into it...

He’s no Steph Curry that’s for sure. All it takes is one team with a decent defender to shut him down.

What a stat. I see a guy with a decent game every now and then, usually against inferior teams, and then being part of a 2-18 from the arc that sends us home. He can’t create his own shot. He is streaky at best. His ball handling is at best average. He offers no upside to any nba team.
He moves and works without to ball to get open which does create his open looks. He has one of the best shot fakes in the game. I'm not saying that he is a slasher or that he will make it in the NBA, but to say he doesn't create his own shot is just false.

Sounds like what was said about Grant Williams prior to him being drafted. Disclaimer: I’m not comparing Vescovi to Williams in any manner, just pointing out GW had many doubters before he proved them wrong.

Not even close IMO.

Umm…wasn’t Santi just named 1st Team All-SEC? And there are seriously people on here saying “Yea, I mean he was a solid contributor but by no means a great player.”

What more does a young man have to do to gain his own fanbase’s support and adoration??
Next step for his growth is developing his dribble so that he can create his own shot and not rely on others so much, he and the team can’t afford himself to continue to get locked down during tournament play that’s a big reason why we got bounced the past two years

I really hope you give us one more year. We really need your leadership. I know the money is there for the taking but we are all praying you stay for one more.

Reactions: SmokinBob
I think maybe some of the posters really don't want him to leave and discrediting his abilities is one way to say it without saying it. None of them have said they wouldn't want him back. I think the NBA evaluation will be great for him and if he needs to be better at the dribble drive they will tell him that. If he truly wants to leave he can go to Europe and make big $ but I think he stays if NBA tells him he needs more work.

Last edited:
Excellent insight and spot on.

Santi's shortcomings mirror the team at large, outside of KC, in that we didn't really have a consistent dribble-drive threat.

Was really hoping JJJ would develop into more of a slasher given the rest of his attributes but maybe CRB isn't into it...

JJJ's got a body that should enable him to get to the basket, and he's got a decent handle as well. So, yea, he could be more of a slasher. That said, he's got a beautiful jump shot and it was his shooting that really was the big difference for us in the last one-third of the season.

Of course there are things that Santi can improve. That's true of every player who is drafted--including of course all the One and Doners, many of whom are nowhere near complete players. Indeed, the NBA is full of One and Done guys--many spending most of their time on the pine. I think there's a pretty good chance he could get drafted in the 2nd round now.

Really needs to work on finishing inside and creating off the dribble. He's actually not bad at getting past defenders from the perimeter, but once he gets by it always seems like he never knows what to do with it. Needs a good floater, ability to finish with either hand at the rim. He's a pretty good passer as is, but a better handle would help free up some different opportunities.
You are absolutely correct. If SV can improve his 3 percentage and range as well as develop a nice little floater, he is more than capable of being on a NBA roster.

JJJ's got a body that should enable him to get to the basket, and he's got a decent handle as well. So, yea, he could be more of a slasher. That said, he's got a beautiful jump shot and it was his shooting that really was the big difference for us in the last one-third of the season.

JJJ does have a decent handle, but if he can improve that then his driving ability will get stronger. His handle is only average IMO.

VN Store

Back