Vescovi seemed tentative on his shot (USCe)

utkCREW

I hope coaches are ‘cultivating his eyes on best possible TEAM shot selection’...

BUT

Aren’t making him second guess his natural scoring talent!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: ShowSomePride
I hope coaches are ‘cultivating his eyes on best possible TEAM shot selection’...

BUT

Aren’t making him second guess his natural scoring talent!!!!!!!!!!!!
His shot selection has been very good, actually.

Agree for the most part - the good shots don’t seem to be falling for him at the same rate as earlier this year
Not as well, but started out like 6-8 against LSU which set some ridiculous expectations for me and others. I think his upside is really high, and this bit of a regression is his return to what we were more likely to see. Still, such a sweet stroke.

Reactions: GlennTenn
^^ At 38% he's scoring at a clip from 3-point range that exceeds a player who makes 50% of their 2-point baskets. I'll take it.

Reactions: Lankykong
He’s still like 38%, it’s hard to shoot 40%
And, in 12 SEC games, Santi is hitting 40 percent from 3 pt range. Bowden is shooting 14.9 percent from 3 pt range in 12 conference games. Bowden shouldn’t be shooting from beyond the arc. It looks like to me that he’s altered his shot where his release motion now only starts once he’s reached the apex of his leap, rather than as a fluid part of his leap.

And, in 12 SEC games, Santi is hitting 40 percent from 3 pt range. Bowden is shooting 14.9 percent from 3 pt range in 12 conference games. Bowden shouldn’t be shooting from beyond the arc. It looks like to me that he’s altered his shot where his release motion now only starts once he’s reached the apex of his leap, rather than as a fluid part of his leap.
When Bowden scores less than double digits, it's going to be hard for us to win...that, and the team heaving up way too many 3's, other than Viscovi. At this point, we are what we are...and that is: NOT a good 3 point shooting team. We get a W yesterday if we spent more time going for 2's than this team's low percentage 3's.

Reactions: Namorto1 and Flovol
He's a freshman. Going to have some growing pains. I know it's early but he reminds me of Stockton a little. He is going to have to continue to improve his dribbling ability. If they play his left, he has a hard time.

The whole team seems tentative on their shots. Shooting and scoring has been our biggest issue.

Santiago will be fine...FREE UROS...let him use his five fouls to bang on somebody...:D

GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VN Store

Back