Vescovi in Olympic qualifier

Can’t find any stats on the game. Anybody know how Vescovi played overall? This level of competition should be good for him, I assume Turkey has a solid team.

Can’t find any stats on the game. Anybody know how Vescovi played overall? This level of competition should be good for him, I assume Turkey has a solid team.
74-70, Uruquay under 5 minutes to go, can't find Vescovi's stats. He is not on the floor, right now

Reactions: HippieVol33
My bad, 9 points, 4 rebounds, 1 assist, 3-5 FG and +6 in 24 minutes. Turkey up 8 with 36 seconds to go

Reactions: DuckInAPen
Uruguay lost, Vescovi missed a late 3, so 3-6, but they lost by ten, other than that, the stats above are correct

Move him to the wing where he can be a spot up shooter.

Ball handling isn’t one of his strengths but he can still be effective with the ball without having to play PG.

Move him to the wing where he can be a spot up shooter.

Ball handling isn’t one of his strengths but he can still be effective with the ball without having to play PG.
That is what he played for Uruguay, off the ball…not that 62.5% is realistic for a season but if he can be a 45% 3pt shooter for us that would be lethal.

Only thing about relegating him to spot up duty is that he has a fairly slow and easy to block release. Has shown that he has a good midrange if teams run him off the three point line which they do/will, i expect him to take more of those this year. You could tell the Olympic teams hadn’t really gameplanned for him. That was one thing Barnes noted last year he has to get more used to, teams game planning for him, heating him up when dribbling and not letting him take threes. Should help some having Chandler

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
I think it will be harder for teams to “gameplan” for Vescovi this year though simply because we’re a deeper squad with a true facilitator in Chandler who will “pass him open” to the point teams can’t as easily guard Vescovi. Besides, like most things you have to choose where to expend your resources in the gameplan and I think Vescovi will be down the list which will naturally take the focus off him. I think he’s going to be a surprise for us this year in his new role.

I think it will be harder for teams to “gameplan” for Vescovi this year though simply because we’re a deeper squad with a true facilitator in Chandler who will “pass him open” to the point teams can’t as easily guard Vescovi. Besides, like most things you have to choose where to expend your resources in the gameplan and I think Vescovi will be down the list which will naturally take the focus off him. I think he’s going to be a surprise for us this year in his new role.

Vescovi moves well without the ball, always active and seeking an unguarded space to set up his catch and release shot. Problem was last year he was closely guarded by one or two guards as at times he was the only deep threat on the floor for us. Barnes has said they need to create screens for him to get behind and catch and shoot. Without the burdens of the point, I think he'll be able to get open more often. We'll have more scoring threats and deep ones, too, so he'll be open more. With Chandler, this team has the potential to be greater than the sum of it's parts.

Reactions: TheMookieMonster

VN Store

Back