Very, very interesting.

Erik Ainge is officially in the Heisman race. It's a longshot but it's good to see his name up there. Let's see if he can keep making his case against Auburn.

LINK

He'll for sure be one of the preseason favorites next year. :rocks:

Just saw where he is 4th in the nation in QB rating.

Originally posted by vol_freak@Sep 27, 2004 8:34 PM

Yep, 1st in the SEC.

IMO, he'll be the best QB in the nation next year.

(I'm really an Ainge fan eh?) :lol:

What did I say? :D :D

Oh man.. I'm excited beyond words. Everybody around town is pulling for him in UT, and finding out that he's in Heisman contention, even if distant, is going to be astounding.

And being able to say I went to High School with a Heisman winner... Well, I'll leave that to your imaginations.

Originally posted by lll Communication+Sep 27, 2004 9:35 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lll Communication @ Sep 27, 2004 9:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-vol_freak@Sep 27, 2004 8:34 PM

Yep, 1st in the SEC.

IMO, he&#39;ll be the best QB in the nation next year.

(I&#39;m really an Ainge fan eh?) :lol: [/quote]
Let&#39;s not put too much pressure on the kid just yet. He&#39;s never even started a college football game :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by TNVOLS1@Sep 27, 2004 9:35 PM
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too early for that&#33;

I wonder if the guy who put a true Freshman QB 5th on his Heisman list after 3 games will admit it publicly. :D

Clausen did what he could, you have to give him that. He did win some big games but I am happy with our new look offense&#33;

Poor Casey gets a bad rap. There were a lot of times the last couple of years when he was the entire offense.

Amazing how everybody starts to look good when the O-line gets a push, the running backs hit holes with authority and the receivers stretch the defense.

No doubt that Clausen was a huge part of our offense, he just didn&#39;t seem to be able lead the team ( it seemed to me he had no chemistry with the rest of the team) and if the guys around you don&#39;t like you then they don&#39;t block as well or run routes as well ect ect....plus he never performed in the cold and wet :banghead: (especially wet)...this fresh blood seems to have sparked the whole team coaches and all&#33; my :twocents:

i dont buy it. not gonna ssay he sux well because he doesnt.but a freshman,c&#39;mon be realistic&#33;&#33; :question:

My 2 Cents equates to this: I wish his name had never been mentioned in the same sentence as Heisman in his Freshman year. He has enough on his plate trying to take the helm of a SEC powerhouse and lead them to the SEC Championship and beyond in the near term. Let&#39;s hope he and everyone else around him is smart and realistically puts this on the back burner. No Freshman has won the damn thing and only a hand full of times has a Freshman ever been in contention on Saturday. (I.E: Micheal Vick, Maurice Clarett, and Herschel Walker are the most recent I can think of off the top of my head).

I hope the coaching staff and his peers help him keep his head on straight.

GO VOLS&#33;

Knowing Ainge personally, he actually does have a tendency to be a bit arrogant. He thinks of himself very highly, but people knew last year that he was going places. He knew he had colleges fighting over who got him. And while he gloated quite a bit about it, he shut all of that out when it was time to hit the field. Quoting some people at my school, "Yeah, he&#39;s kind of a dick but I&#39;m pulling for him anyways."

Quoting some people at my school, "Yeah, he&#39;s kind of a dick but I&#39;m pulling for him anyways."

Wasn&#39;t really a laugh, just amusing is all. ....That quote is dedication and commendable IMO&#33;

I hope he continues to do great things. Earlier on the board I put my :twocents: in stating that Ainge should be the starter since he basically would be the best at complimenting the strong running game we have already.

Wasn&#39;t being accusational, just curious is all.

And like I&#39;ve said, I think the time to make him starter is after Georgia. Until then, we have to keep AU and Georgia guessing as to what the UT offense will pull out.

Understand. Was just explaining myself is all. I agree that we keep AU and UGA on their heels and let them guess as to how to defend us. I kinda agree with the putting Schaeffer at WR but not sure how that&#39;s going to work with all the receivers we currently have.

VN Store

Back