Very Interesting Stats

BHAMVOLFAN

Sorry for the plagiarism volmania, but check out the following!

We all know Tennessee's defense sucks this year right?

Well, Tennessee and Auburn played 4 common SEC opponents this season. Kentucky, Ole Miss, Georgia, and Alabama. So how did the two teams compare against their common opponents?

Against those four teams Tennessee allowed an average of 264.75 yards (88.75 rushing and 177.0 passing); surprisingly that is slightly better than Auburns #1 defense of the Universe's 274.5 ypg (87.75 rushing and 185.75 passing).

What about offense you say, afterall Auburn has the SEC's best running back duo and Jason Campbell is having a Heisman Trophy candidate season? Auburn did fare slightly better than Tennessee gaining an average of 363.5 yards (128.0 rushing and 235.5 passing); which was slightly worse than Auburns 369.5 ypg (168.75 and 200.75 passing). However notice that Tennessee's trio of inexperienced QB's did outpass senior Campbell by 35 yards a game.

Hum

I don't care about stats at this point. I'm going to watch my tv intently, cheer when the Vols score and pull my hair out if we get a turnover.

Otis, iff your avatar is any indication, I can tell you've watched the Vols struggle in one too many games over the years.

Hey Otis, what kind of animal is that standing next to you?

VN Store

Back