VB's 2020 Recruiting Board - 12/5/19

VOLuptuousBOOMS

I did this last year and felt it was well received... Figured I would go for it again. Let me know your thoughts and/or if you see any missing or incorrect information.

Disclaimer: No insider info from this guy. Recruiting is fluid. VERY fluid. This isn't an exact science, and these spreadsheets are filled with my own personal opinions/interpretations. The probability is primarily based on the the overall sentiment of this board, VQ, and 247.

Hope yal enjoy...

2020 Recruiting Class - Positional Board - 12-5-19.png2020 Recruiting Class - Best Player Available - 12-5-19.png

Nice job. Looking at all the positions and prospects, OLB is the only position where I don't have a ton of confidence of a high level prospect or two ending up Vols.

LOVE IT! Would be awesome if board was sorted by % to sign instead of star ranking. I think you got right how many more we’ll take at each position group too, except for dline and lb. I would say we are less than projected % on Calloway, less on green( he’d probably stick but i think we drop him), more on hardy, more on holiday, more on whitehead, and more on Mitchell.

I’m guessing we, out of that and assuming the total number of 27 is right, end the class with Mitchell, Washington, thomas, baron, oxendine, Perry, gonna swing for the fence and say hardy, 2 of whitehead/tisdol/kaho and 1 becomes a rb in spring or fall practice, and replace green with holiday. I will add that I’m hoping we keep Calloway too. Otherwise he could open a spot to take all three of the lbs i mentioned or replace him with next best up that we can get with toll/beckwith/white/small/young/Richardson more than likely.

Reactions: RollerVol
Nice job. Looking at all the positions and prospects, OLB is the only position where I don't have a ton of confidence of a high level prospect or two ending up Vols.
And one of our biggest positions of need imo too. A little concerning.

Reactions: RollerVol
good stuff Booms...thanks... I just want my picks of the "best available" board...:D

GO BIG ORANGE!

LOVE IT! Would be awesome if board was sorted by % to sign instead of star ranking. I think you got right how many more we’ll take at each position group too, except for dline and lb. I would say we are less than projected % on Calloway, less on green( he’d probably stick but i think we drop him), more on hardy, more on holiday, more on whitehead, and more on Mitchell.

I’m guessing we, out of that and assuming the total number of 27 is right, end the class with Mitchell, Washington, thomas, baron, oxendine, Perry, gonna swing for the fence and say hardy, 2 of whitehead/tisdol/kaho and 1 becomes a rb in spring or fall practice, and replace green with holiday. I will add that I’m hoping we keep Calloway too. Otherwise he could open a spot to take all three of the lbs i mentioned or replace him with next best up that we can get with toll/beckwith/white/small/young/Richardson more than likely.
You think Art Green goes elsewhere?

Thanks for the post. On the positive side, it looks like we are ahead at the O-line. The negative, the DE and OLB (edge rushers) seem to be somewhat behind...except for DW, we don’t have a lot of size at our WR positions as of yet either...here’s hoping we get a few more stud commitments at these positions of need the next few days!

I did this last year and felt it was well received... Figured I would go for it again. Let me know your thoughts and/or if you see any missing or incorrect information.

Disclaimer: No insider info from this guy. Recruiting is fluid. VERY fluid. This isn't an exact science, and these spreadsheets are filled with my own personal opinions/interpretations. The probability is primarily based on the the overall sentiment of this board, VQ, and 247.

Hope yal enjoy...

View attachment 243167View attachment 243168

Thanks very much for doing this...great single-view look at where we are for those of us who don't follow recruiting until signing day(s).

Question: how did your board score last year with the results? I mean, how right were your predictions/educated guesses?

Thanks very much for doing this...great single-view look at where we are for those of us who don't follow recruiting until signing day(s).

Question: how did your board score last year with the results? I mean, how right were your predictions/educated guesses?
Interesting question... I wasn't real sure so went back and looked at my post this time last year (dated 12/7). LINK

The highest uncommitted % to sign recruits for that update were the following:

- Eric Gray 80% (UT)
- Darnell Wright 80% (UT)
- Khafre Brown 50% (UNC)
- Henry To'oto'o 45% (UT)
- Trezman Marshall 45% (UGA)
- Quavarious Crouch 30% (UT)
- Jammie Robinson 30% (USCjr)
- Chris Russell 30% (A&M)

I predicted the Ledarrius Cox and Jalil Clemons Git shirts as I had them listed as 25% and 20% chance to sign respectively. They were both still commits at the time of the update. I did however miss the Lakia Henry flip. I thought he was going to sign with us. Future signees Kenny Solomon and Jerrod Means were not even on my board.

Overall I feel we have more unknowns for the remaining spots than we had this time last year.

Interesting question... I wasn't real sure so went back and looked at my post this time last year (dated 12/7). LINK

The highest uncommitted % to sign recruits for that update were the following:

- Eric Gray 80% (UT)
- Darnell Wright 80% (UT)
- Khafre Brown 50% (UNC)
- Henry To'oto'o 45% (UT)
- Trezman Marshall 45% (UGA)
- Quavarious Crouch 30% (UT)
- Jammie Robinson 30% (USCjr)
- Chris Russell 30% (A&M)

I predicted the Ledarrius Cox and Jalil Clemons Git shirts as I had them listed as 25% and 20% chance to sign respectively. They were both still commits at the time of the update. I did however miss the Lakia Henry flip. I thought he was going to sign with us. Future signees Kenny Solomon and Jerrod Means were not even on my board.

Overall I feel we have more unknowns for the remaining spots than we had this time last year.

Wow...thanks, man. Not bad at all. Me personally, I love the unknowns...well, the positive surprises, of course. Here's hoping we have a handful of these next several weeks. Thanks again for all this good work.

Great job. I have screen shot this and it will give me an easy reference guide as the recruits roll in. Thanks and GBO!!!

Any idea which current commits and major targets DO NOT plan to sign in December.

Current Commits:
Jimari Butler (plans to sign in Feb)
Darion Williamson (probably in Feb)
Art Green (??)
Mordecai McDaniel (??)
Kyree Miller (??)
Javontez Spraggins (??)
Have heard/read that the rest of the current commits plan to sign in Dec.

Targets:
Omari Thomas (??)
Jabari Small (??)
Dee Beckwith (plans to sign in Feb)
Jay Hardy (plans to sign in Feb)
I believe the rest of the main targets plan to sign in Dec)

VN Store

Back