Vandy's New Recruiting Slogan

TheMookieMonster

Looks like Vandy might have FINALLY gotten their first 2017 commit. Just saw this tweet:

Corey Phillips ‏@theyoungcoach

The STARS are aligning on WEST END. Another piece of GOLD in the bucket. #GoldRush17 ⚓️⬇️ #weallthewayup

#WeAllTheWayUp must be referring to just how high up the list you have to look to see their team ranking :)

So a place that prides themselves on how smart they are has a recruiting slogan of "We All The Way Up"?

Reactions: 2 people
It gets better.....the commit according to a few tweets I read was the VU staff's #1 overall LB target. He is the 973rd ranked overall player on 247's composite ranking. What a pickup.

It gets better.....the commit according to a few tweets I read was the VU staff's #1 overall LB target. He is the 973rd ranked overall player on 247's composite ranking. What a pickup.

Cue these guys are the proverbial diamond in the rough Jay Cutler Jordan Matthews.

I'm more intrigued by the #GoldRush17 slogan. Is it actually the year 1817?

Haha

If that had happened at UT wouldn't most have trusted our coaches evaluation of said recruit? I'd bet that argument would have been quickly stated.

If that had happened at UT wouldn't most have trusted our coaches evaluation of said recruit? I'd bet that argument would have been quickly stated.

No, only half of our fan base would say that. The other half would think the sky is falling and call for Butch's and Hart's heads

Reactions: 1 person

Considering it's Vandy, it's not a bad get for them.

Let's face facts. They are equal to or lesser than most G5 teams. And most G5 teams would be perfectly happy getting a 3 star recruit with his offer list.

Well luckily I don't believe we have actively recruited any 973rd best players. I think if Butch gave an offer to someone in a position as important as LB that was barely in the Top 1000 in the country, people could make an argument as to being upset. Although, it's not the end of the world and for all we know this guy will rise in the rankings this year.

Well luckily I don't believe we have actively recruited any 973rd best players. I think if Butch gave an offer to someone in a position as important as LB that was barely in the Top 1000 in the country, people could make an argument as to being upset. Although, it's not the end of the world and for all we know this guy will rise in the rankings this year.

Taking a quick look shows we've taken over 20 signees rated 640 or lower. Several in the 670-690 range, quite a few in the 700's, a few in the 800's, and about 8-10 with no ranking (2-3*)which looks to indicate ranked around where this Vandy LB commit is or worse.

I also just noticed in this class we have 6 commits ranked in the 800's or lower.

Last edited:
Taking a quick look shows we've taken over 20 signees rated 640 or lower. Several in the 670-690 range, quite a few in the 700's, a few in the 800's, and about 8-10 with no ranking (2-3*)which looks to indicate ranked around where this Vandy LB commit is or worse.

I also just noticed in this class we have 6 commits ranked in the 800's or lower.

Were any of those players our #1 prospect?

I did not know 247 ranks that many players :birgits_giggle:

VN Store

Back