Vandy Week Jan 12 & Jan 16

Should be interesting playing them back to back.

Side note: A couple of the smaller conferences actually scheduled conference games back to back like this to make sure they get all the games in with COVID this year.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Should be interesting playing them back to back.

Side note: A couple of the smaller conferences actually scheduled conference games back to back like this to make sure they get all the games in with COVID this year.
NBA is using a similar tactic on a limited basis.

Without fans, no home court advantage they can provide. That leaves advantage of surroundings. I give that to Vandy with they queer court. Just hope we are enough of a better team than they are. I now our coaching staff is better..

Reactions: coachjp6
Without fans, no home court advantage they can provide. That leaves advantage of surroundings. I give that to Vandy with they queer court. Just hope we are enough of a better team than they are. I now our coaching staff is better..

The queer court no longer is a big deal since coaches’ boxes are no longer restricted to the baselines.

The queer court no longer is a big deal since coaches’ boxes are no longer restricted to the baselines.
And almost every team now has the same bench setup. The only current, unique quirk to Memorial Gym is the raised floor. Not something that is likely to matter in the outcome.

I haven't seen Vandy play so I was curious and looked up their stats. They seemed to have rediscovered the three point shot. Very good percentages. Vandy historically is known for that but really dropped off the last couple of years. We really need to extend and wear them down early. I don't want them to have a punchers chance at the end and hit two or three bombs on us for an upset.

I haven't seen Vandy play so I was curious and looked up their stats. They seemed to have rediscovered the three point shot. Very good percentages. Vandy historically is known for that but really dropped off the last couple of years. We really need to extend and wear them down early. I don't want them to have a punchers chance at the end and hit two or three bombs on us for an upset.
43% from the field overall and 35% from three.

A back to back series ala the NBA seperated by a few days.

Probably the first time in UT men's basketball that this has occurred.

VN Store

Back