Vanderbilt Has Slammed on The Brakes For Football Activities

We only have a 9-6 record against Vandy since 2005 that’s a pretty competitive series. They also have had two and three game winning streaks during that time I don’t know why you guys think we have completely owned them. James Franklin left Nashville with a winning record over UT and Mason is 3-3. Since 2005 the only team in the SEC we have owned is Kentucky.

We only have a 9-6 record against Vandy since 2005 that’s a pretty competitive series. They also have had two and three game winning streaks during that time I don’t know why you guys think we have completely owned them. James Franklin left Nashville with a winning record over UT and Mason is 3-3. Since 2005 the only team in the SEC we have owned is Kentucky.

Well, we know what Dan Wolken's VN screen name is now...

You 2 keep liking each other's posts nobody else does...

Wouldn't be a huge surprise to me. Here's what happens, I see Vandy dropping out and the ACC cancels the season at the last minute after NY state doesn't let Syracuse play home games and Massachusetts follows suit with BC, plus FSU players go on strike and refuse to play for Norvell. Clemson is enraged and applies to fill Vandy's slot. Of course the SEC, seeing a chance to get in one more NC caliber team, says yes and puts them on our schedule..

You cut yourself shaving this morning? You hurting bad bro!

I would also add that Tennessee- apparently - already has players that have tested positive or come in contact with others who have tested positive (e.g. Harrison). Doubt there's any protocol or requirements to do so which is a bit disconcerting.
Has Harrison practiced since testing positive?

Last edited:
I like them. A least we use to be able to call that game a win. That is why I want them to play them this year.
We haven’t been able to call it automatic in over 5 years. Remind me if I’m wrong but I believe we are 3-2 against Candy Last 5 years. We are finally getting the football program back to where it needs to be but don’t act like your entitled to claim wins against a certain school when we don’t have it like that YET!!!!

Vandy is in a pickle, just as we'll be when our players get sick. Sure, call them "scared" and other names, but that simply ignores the reality that there's inherent danger in playing this Fall. Myocarditis has already occurred in 10 Big10 football players.

In a small number of cases, Myocarditis may persist and become chronic or long lasting. Chronic myocarditis is associated with dilated cardiomyopathy and may lead to heart failure and other serious complications. Treatment may involve long-term use of steroid medication or a heart transplant operation.

We already have players like Trey Smith that have a serious, pre-existing, and potentially life-threatening condition.

As the SEC has already publicly stated:

"There are going to be outbreaks," an SEC official told players during the call. "We're going to have positive cases on every single team in the SEC. That's a given. And we can't prevent it."

Thus, aside from the obvious concerns that nobody wants these kids to get the virus or have any long-term effects from it, I suspect there is substantial legal risk to U. of Tennessee and any school that opts to play. Administrators know that football players are likely going to get the virus and that it may cause Myocarditis. I also understand that virtually everyone wants life to continue on as normal with football, and that some even think the virus is a 'hoax', but my point is that the decision-making process is riddled with real risk and financial liability to each school, even Vanderbilt.
we have already had 23 positives. And, we are practicing well. So...

Vandy is in a pickle, just as we'll be when our players get sick. Sure, call them "scared" and other names, but that simply ignores the reality that there's inherent danger in playing this Fall. Myocarditis has already occurred in 10 Big10 football players.

In a small number of cases, Myocarditis may persist and become chronic or long lasting. Chronic myocarditis is associated with dilated cardiomyopathy and may lead to heart failure and other serious complications. Treatment may involve long-term use of steroid medication or a heart transplant operation.

We already have players like Trey Smith that have a serious, pre-existing, and potentially life-threatening condition.

As the SEC has already publicly stated:

"There are going to be outbreaks," an SEC official told players during the call. "We're going to have positive cases on every single team in the SEC. That's a given. And we can't prevent it."

Thus, aside from the obvious concerns that nobody wants these kids to get the virus or have any long-term effects from it, I suspect there is substantial legal risk to U. of Tennessee and any school that opts to play. Administrators know that football players are likely going to get the virus and that it may cause Myocarditis. I also understand that virtually everyone wants life to continue on as normal with football, and that some even think the virus is a 'hoax', but my point is that the decision-making process is riddled with real risk and financial liability to each school, even Vanderbilt.
I’ve always wondered how that the plaintiff will be able to prove that they contracted COVID-19 by playing football. You might think you got it, but causation will be difficult to prove .

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
What you failed to mention is we are 30-6 since 1984! Quit trying to make is sound like Candy is worth a $h!t. They managed to get us 6 times in the last 15 yrs during our worst stretch in history! This comes on the heels of 30+ straight over them!
If they stay in the league it will be 2040 maybe before next win against us!

Last edited:
My apologies ladies and gentlemen if this has been posted already, but I thought it might be worth a read. My question is if Vandy can't play (I've heard supposedly (rumors) that school higher-ups do not want this season to start) does this throw the SEC's chance to play out the window?
Vanderbilt pauses football activities due to positive COVID-19 tests

I Vanderbilt completely opts out of football for this season, the SEC absolutely should not provide any of the mill;ions of dollars of SEC funds that is collected and split between the SEC members.once per year....no play, no pay.

This is not true. Vandy athletics owes the university millions of dollars for past scholarships that the athletic department has not been able to pay to the university. So the athletic department is in a big time home without even having upgraded facilities. Why do you think they keep cutting athletic employees.

How about no...

$44.6 million/school in distribution.
SEC announces 2018-2019 revenue distribution

Vandy is not spending anything near that in terms of coaching pay, football facilities, or their compensation to the school for scholarship athletics.

How about no...

$44.6 million/school in distribution.
SEC announces 2018-2019 revenue distribution

Vandy is not spending anything near that in terms of coaching pay, football facilities, or their compensation to the school for scholarship athletics.
I’m not going to argue with you but you are incorrect. The athletic department at Vandy is losing money and has been for years. You don’t have to believe me but I know this for a fact.

I’m not going to argue with you but you are incorrect. The athletic department at Vandy is losing money and has been for years. You don’t have to believe me but I know this for a fact.

85 scholarship football players at ~$52k/year, ~$4.5 million reimbursement to the university.

Still had $40 million just from SEC profit sharing, literally no way they could still owe the school for scholarships.

This is not true. Vandy athletics owes the university millions of dollars for past scholarships that the athletic department has not been able to pay to the university. So the athletic department is in a big time home without even having upgraded facilities. Why do you think they keep cutting athletic employees.

They keep cutting their athletic department because they disagree with the current athletic system that pays coaches 7 million for a job they would do for free. They have made this quite clear in the past. Since they have decided not to compete they don't need a top athletic department. I am guessing they put more funds back into the school than any other SEC club. I am positive they keep their athletic department on life support 24/7. The school is not going to kill the golden goose thats for sure.

Reactions: Purple Tiger

VN Store

Back