Vacation / Travel

We were looking forward to it like you couldn't believe! Took four months to finally get one brother-in-law to fly (he is deathly afraid of flying), so when the cruise got canceled, we worried he would take it as a sign that he wasn't supposed to fly. haha But he's cool with trying again at some point. The sister who is a teacher will be retired by that time, so the only work schedule any of us will have to deal with will be mine.
Sounds like it’s time to join the ranks of the retired!

Flying into anchorage and heading straight to Denali/Healy for 2 nights. Spending a couple nights in Palmer to do the glaciers down that way then going to Seward for the remainder of the trip. Going to do some fishing, fjords boat tour, hiking etc from down there. Staying pretty touristy but still really looking forward to it.

Did you use a travel agent to help with arranging your itinerary or do it yourself?

Reactions: vollygirl
Did you use a travel agent to help with arranging your itinerary or do it yourself?
I’m doing it myself. I like doing it though and part of the fun for me with traveling is planning the trip. Trip advisor has been an excellent resource for weeding out some stuff and a general sounding board for locking the itinerary as far as how many days and where. Alaska has been a little more overwhelming than when I did hawaii just due to its size. If you are interested I can post my full itinerary as it is now. Haven’t taken the trip yet obviously but it’s what we are planning on as of now.

I’m doing it myself. I like doing it though and part of the fun for me with traveling is planning the trip. Trip advisor has been an excellent resource for weeding out some stuff and a general sounding board for locking the itinerary as far as how many days and where. Alaska has been a little more overwhelming than when I did hawaii just due to its size. If you are interested I can post my full itinerary as it is now. Haven’t taken the trip yet obviously but it’s what we are planning on as of now.
How did people do travel when they didn't have the internet! haha

Reactions: walkenvol

That would be great. I hope you guys have a blast.

Reactions: vollygirl
We have been to Rome 5 times/ Will spend 2.5 days there pre cruise before Civitavecchia to board. Cruise ends in Barcelona. ha, "Roman Holiday" is one of my favorite movies. Love the scene where they visit the mouth of Truth. I've advised the people we age going with to watch it.
i thought I wouldn't enjoy the Vatican. Sistine Chapel, wow. David at Accademia in Florence. They don't make humans like Michelangelo any more.

No shortage of rivers in Germany. Plenty of choices when I've looked.
What are the other stops on that cruise?

What are the other stops on that cruise?

it's not the typical Western Med cruise.
Sat, Mar 26, 2022ROME (CIVITAVECCHIA), ITALY--
Mar 27, 2022NAPLES/POMPEII, ITALY,
Mar 28, 2022TRAPANI (SICILY), ITALY
Mar 29, 2022CAGLIARI (SARDINIA), ITALY
Mar 30, 2022AJACCIO (CORSICA), FRANCE
Mar 31, 2022TUSCANY (LIVORNO), ITALY
Apr 01, 2022VILLEFRANCHE, FRANCE
Apr 02, 2022PROVENCE (MARSEILLE), FRANCE
Apr 03, 2022MAHON (MINORCA), SPAIN
Apr 04, 2022PALMA DE MALLORCA, SPAIN
Apr 05, 2022BARCELONA, SPAIN

I am supposed to go on a Carnival Cruise to the Caribbean starting next weekend . Please give me a like if you think I should cancel. Or just quote me telling me I’m nuts and need to cancel.

I am supposed to go on a Carnival Cruise to the Caribbean starting next weekend . Please give me a like if you think I should cancel. Or just quote me telling me I’m nuts and need to cancel.

are you concerned about Covid, and if so does CCL require vaccinations and test for Covid at the port before boarding the ship?

Do you just not like CCL or the Caribbean?

hope you can get a refund.

I think you should go and then give us a review. I've been wanting to hear from someone that's been recently to compare pre-covid cruising to now.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14

That sounds like a great trip. Have you been to Alaska before?

I think you should go and then give us a review. I've been wanting to hear from someone that's been recently to compare pre-covid cruising to now.
One co-worker has been on 2 and another co-worker has been on 1 since October. They said other than masks in public places, its the same. Ports have their own qualifications. Nassau, for example, won't let you disembark if you don't have proof of vaccination.

Impromptu trip to the Smokeys w the wife. Basically all the roads in the park were closed. We couldn’t believe it. There was hardly a dusting of snow. Supposedly newfound gap had 3 inches but that seems like relatively nothing. Anyway we hiked Jake’s Creek and saw fresh bear tracks in the snow and scrapes on a tree about halfway to Jake’s Gap so we turned around. This time we stayed on the gatlinburg side and while I’ve never been this time of year to gatlinburg it feels like a ghost town. Quite nice, actually

VN Store

Back