Vacation / Travel

There is a boat tour in the Hakone lake that I took and a trip to the hot springs on a cable car. Seems like a nice area. A short drive gets you a great view of Fuji... photo opt.
We're trying to decide whether we want our outside of Tokyo short trip to be an overnight in the Five Lakes region or Nikko. Other than that we've got everything planned, we'll see Japan from Nagasaki to Tokyo up the Pacific Coast.

I've traveled from Georgia into Utah on my to Idaho to see my daughter in the Air Force, be there in the morning. Went through several places I've never been. Illinois, Missouri, Nebraska, Wyoming, now Utah. Wyoming has absolutely been the favorite for us all. Absolutely beautiful, loved the scenery. Omaha was pretty awesome. Goung back through colorado and Kansas for a different view. I've always wanted to do a road trip lije this, and we've loved it so far. Can't wait to see Idaho, but mostly my baby girl.

I've traveled from Georgia into Utah on my to Idaho to see my daughter in the Air Force, be there in the morning. Went through several places I've never been. Illinois, Missouri, Nebraska, Wyoming, now Utah. Wyoming has absolutely been the favorite for us all. Absolutely beautiful, loved the scenery. Omaha was pretty awesome. Goung back through colorado and Kansas for a different view. I've always wanted to do a road trip lije this, and we've loved it so far. Can't wait to see Idaho, but mostly my baby girl.
Have someone drive through Kansas and sleep...trust me

Reactions: joevol33
We're trying to decide whether we want our outside of Tokyo short trip to be an overnight in the Five Lakes region or Nikko. Other than that we've got everything planned, we'll see Japan from Nagasaki to Tokyo up the Pacific Coast.
We picked Fuji Five Lakes, booked a traditional room at a ryokan with our own hot spring bath on the balcony.

Kansas is the most boring place I've ever been. And the corner of Illinois is second.

Reactions: joevol33
Are you heading south? Did a cool like years ago at Cape Lookout State Park near Tillamook. Hiked along the cliff above the Pacific and ending up hiking down to a beach.
We went from Portland to Tillamook drove to Capes Meares. Then went through the coastal towns to Astoria eventually.

Kansas is the most boring place I've ever been. And the corner of Illinois is second.

Iowa can't be far behind. Our family went up to NW Iowa for my wife's family reunion a few years ago. We stayed in Iowa City and then drove 4 hours across the state. Nothing except corn and soybeans.

Iowa can't be far behind. Our family went up to NW Iowa for my wife's family reunion a few years ago. We stayed in Iowa City and then drove 4 hours across the state. Nothing except corn and soybeans.
It's crazy ain't it? We were driving back through Illinois and all I could see on either side was .... nothing. I don't even know how to describe it exactly. It's like you could just see flat forever. I said, "I'm not a fan of mother nature's open floor plan." :D

Reactions: VolGee4

What time of year will you be visiting Idaho? If you should be there in fall, particularly late September-early October, and have the time to spare, be sure to visit the Sawtooth Mountains near Kethcum, Stanley and Sun Valley. The Sawtooths are as rugged as the Tetons but 3,000 feet lower and far less heavily visited. The back side of the Tetons, located near Tetonia, Driggs and Victor, Idaho, also will be absolutely ablaze with fall color at that time.

What time of year will you be visiting Idaho? If you should be there in fall, particularly late September-early October, and have the time to spare, be sure to visit the Sawtooth Mountains near Kethcum, Stanley and Sun Valley. The Sawtooths are as rugged as the Tetons but 3,000 feet lower and far less heavily visited. The back side of the Tetons, located near Tetonia, Driggs and Victor, Idaho, also will be absolutely ablaze with fall color at that time.
We're here right now. Not sure what all we're going to do yet.

taking a short trip to clearwater beach. Anything to recommend on doing besides beach? Restaurants?

VN Store

Back