Vacation / Travel

That sounds like such a closed off and frankly not as good of a "system" as ours. Once you buy the tickets, they are yours, and you should be able to sell them for whatever price someone is willing to pay.
I tend to agree, and a more open market would certainly open up more options for me when I’m over here. But...when in Rome.

I think it’s worth noting that the complete and total segregation of home and away fans at EPL matches probably plays a role in these restrictions. At most grounds, the away sections will be completely walled off and have separate entrances from home fans. The history of hooliganism means that they DO NOT want fans intermingling whatsoever, much less having a situation like we’ve seen at Neyland where Bama fans take over the stadium. This extends to the pubs outside as well, as there are designated pubs who will accept visiting fans. Also, if any tickets do make to general sale, there will sometimes be post code restrictions (the visitors city) from which you can’t purchase tickets.

Reactions: 05_never_again
I tend to agree, and a more open market would certainly open up more options for me when I’m over here. But...when in Rome.
Yeah. Our way seems good for scalpers and is more open to the general public (i.e., people who aren't season ticket holders or don't have a connection to corporate tickets). In the UK, you get a price ceiling I guess, but it seems like you have to be on the "in" in order to have a chance to get good tickets, especially for good events. At least legally.

When you are over there, how do you get tickets? Do you have to wait until they come up for general sale? I'd like to go to a soccer match in Europe, particularly England, one day.

I think it’s worth noting that the complete and total segregation of home and away fans at EPL matches probably plays a role in these restrictions. At most grounds, the away sections will be completely walled off and have separate entrances from home fans. The history of hooliganism means that they DO NOT want fans intermingling whatsoever, much less having a situation like we’ve seen at Neyland where Bama fans take over the stadium. This extends to the pubs outside as well, as there are designated pubs who will accept visiting fans. Also, if any tickets do make to general sale, there will sometimes be post code restrictions (the visitors city) from which you can’t purchase tickets.
Didn't think about that. That's definitely a consideration they have that we don't.

When you are over there, how do you get tickets? Do you have to wait until they come up for general sale? I'd like to go to a soccer match in Europe, particularly England, one day.
Have a membership at Fulham and usually get my tickets for Everton through Everton USA or StubHub. Both of those ways are outliers though. I think Everton are the only EPL team that partner with StubHub for resales, and Arsenal the only other club with a USA supporters group that can get tickets.

Have a membership at Fulham and usually get my tickets for Everton through Everton USA or StubHub. Both of those ways are outliers though. I think Everton are the only EPL team that partner with StubHub for resales, and Arsenal the only other club with a USA supporters group that can get tickets.
If you didn't have a membership, and aren't going to a see a team that partnered with a site for resales, how would you get them?

If you didn't have a membership, and aren't going to a see a team that partnered with a site for resales, how would you get them?
Not really certain. Would have to know a specific club to figure out the ins and outs. Your best bet if you want to see one of the Big Six would be to try and go to either a League Cup or FA Cup game.

Was their seat paid for?
No idea. I'm pretty sure they had a fairly young child who ended up having to sit with that thing in their lap, so it was probably no harm no foul. The seat next to me was empty, and I was just waiting for them to ask me to let it sit beside me, but they never did.

Yes. Have you been to SF? They have an app now so you can report human feces to get cleaned up. SF is a literal pile of ****.

The people of both places are pure trash, but Seattle is in a far more scenic area.
I am speaking of looking at the city from a distance. Those hillsides are beautiful. So many views.
But to be honest almost all of the NW is beautiful.

Reactions: NorCalVol67
I am speaking of looking at the city from a distance. Those hillsides are beautiful. So many views.
I used to go to SF often in the 90’s and early 00’s. I had family in Vacaville and we’d drive down every year or so and visit. Of course we’d go to SF. My first baseball I ever went to was at Candlestick. Dwight Gooden, pitching for the Mets, hit a homerun. It was great. Been to GG Bridge, Alcatraz, love Fisherman’s Wharf. Drove down Lombard St. I did like SF a lot, the hills and the coast as you mentioned were nice. My aunt moved a few years ago. She said for the last 10 years or so she’d go to SF like 1-2 times a year to visit a friend and actually spend time. It used to be every other weekend or so. She said the city changed and isn’t what it once was.

Anyway, enough nostalgia. SF can’t compete with Seattle as far as I’m concerned with the eye.

Last edited:

Looking out from Seattle to the Sound is pretty stunning, but looking at SF from the Marin Headlands, Sausalito, Tiburon and from on the Bay itself can’t be beat. Plus the Victorian homes are beautiful.

And the people are not trash, though there are way too many hipsters.

I used to go to SF often in the 90’s and early 00’s. I had family in Vacaville and we’d drive down every year or so and visit. Of course we’d go to SF. My first baseball I ever went to was at Candlestick Dwight Gooden, pitching for the Mets hit a homerun. It was great. Been to GG Bridge, Alcatraz, love Fisherman’s Wharf. Drove down Lombard St. I did like SF a lot, the hills and the coast as you mentioned were nice. My aunt moved a few years ago. She said for the last 10 years or so she’d go to SF like 1-2 times a year to visit a friend and actually spend time. It used to be every other weekend or so. She said the city changed and isn’t what it once was.

Anyway, enough nostalgia. SF can’t compete with Seattle as far as I’m concerned with the eye.

You’re right, SF has changed a lot. The homeless problem is out of control and the techies have helped strip a lot of the character. It has always been a pretty dirty city in my eyes, having to make sure you don’t step on needles in certain areas doesn’t help.

Anyone have a great place to reccomend for a mini-vacation for the fiance and I? Have a long weekend for V-Day. Somewhere within a 5 hour or less drive. We live in knoxville.

I used to go to SF often in the 90’s and early 00’s. I had family in Vacaville and we’d drive down every year or so and visit. Of course we’d go to SF. My first baseball I ever went to was at Candlestick. Dwight Gooden, pitching for the Mets, hit a homerun. It was great. Been to GG Bridge, Alcatraz, love Fisherman’s Wharf. Drove down Lombard St. I did like SF a lot, the hills and the coast as you mentioned were nice. My aunt moved a few years ago. She said for the last 10 years or so she’d go to SF like 1-2 times a year to visit a friend and actually spend time. It used to be every other weekend or so. She said the city changed and isn’t what it once was.

Oregon coast for the win.

I am heading back to Nairobi the first week of April. It will be my 3rd trip and honestly, I wish I was going to stay. I love it in Kenya. The plane ride on he way home last trip had us lay over in London so the wife and I spent a few days there.
This trip, looks to be Frankfurt, Paris or Amsterdam so I may take a day and do some exploring. I hope it’s Germany.

I am heading back to Nairobi the first week of April. It will be my 3rd trip and honestly, I wish I was going to stay. I love it in Kenya. The plane ride on he way home last trip had us lay over in London so the wife and I spent a few days there.
This trip, looks to be Frankfurt, Paris or Amsterdam so I may take a day and do some exploring. I hope it’s Germany.
Have you been to any of those cities? Appears Amsterdam and Paris?

Wife and I are trying to plan a trip for the end of July. Will have 9 days off, so thinking a 7 night trip. Wanting to go somewhere relatively new to us, but also somewhere that we can have plenty of time to relax (thinking pool, beach, delicious food, etc). Only caveat is it can't have a Zika virus risk as we're trying to get pregnant. We've tossed around ideas that range from the Bahamas to Hawaii to New England to Scotland to Arizona. Any ideas?

VN Store

Back