Vacation / Travel

We're actually going to San Diego less than 2 weeks before the Farmers Insurance Open, so I'm not sure if the course will be open to the public during that time. I am going to try and finjd out today actually. You happen to have any connections?

I played there with my sister-in-law's husband about 10 years ago. He's not a golfer of any sort and the only reason he set it up was because his wife told him to. So the answer is sorry no I don't have any current connections.

Reactions: Carp
@SDV - Yall staying up in the mountains/hills or right of 441?

We stayed about 2 miles north of where Goose Gap intersects with 321. It was actually quicker to get to Gburg via Wears Valley than deal with PF/Gburg traffic. Wouldn't suggest that at night or during bad weather but it's a much more scenic route. You can also see Laurel Falls, which is a easy hike.

Won't lie, we really enjoyed the mountain views from the hot tub on the deck.

Reactions: ArdentVol and SDV
@SDV - Yall staying up in the mountains/hills or right of 441?

We stayed about 2 miles north of where Goose Gap intersects with 321. It was actually quicker to get to Gburg via Wears Valley than deal with PF/Gburg traffic. Wouldn't suggest that at night or during bad weather but it's a much more scenic route. You can also see Laurel Falls, which is a easy hike.

Won't lie, we really enjoyed the mountain views from the hot tub on the deck.
We're staying here. Nine Bears - Sevierville

Reactions: ArdentVol
Yeah, you are south of PF and closer to G'Burg than I thought. You probably won't be going into Sevierville that much. If you do decide to head up to Sevierville, take 449 (Veterans Highway) to avoid all the traffic of PF.

We've stayed here before. Ha ha, I don't have that lawyer $$$ where I can have 3 master suites
Airbnb: Vacation Rentals, Cabins, Beach Houses, Unique Homes & Experiences
Lol. It’s my mom’s 75th, so I wanted to splurge a little. I appreciate all of the tips. Really looking forward to our trip

I played there with my sister-in-law's husband about 10 years ago. He's not a golfer of any sort and the only reason he set it up was because his wife told him to. So the answer is sorry no I don't have any current connections.

Got confirmation yesterday that Torre Pines last day before the Tourney is Jan 17th. We fly on the 15th, so hoping that we can squeeze in a round on the 17th. But it may be really crowded being a holiday.

Got confirmation yesterday that Torre Pines last day before the Tourney is Jan 17th. We fly on the 15th, so hoping that we can squeeze in a round on the 17th. But it may be really crowded being a holiday.

It's not likely, but the hotel where you are staying may be able to help with getting a local fee tee times. When I played there a 2 foot putt was scary!! I played the week after the Farmers. Nice course, the greens didn't look that scary, maybe I just had a bad day with the putter. The par 3 hitting down toward the ocean was fun, staying a little right is a safe play if you can't stick the iron. Note: I'm not a great golfer, just love the game.

Reactions: Carp
That stinks. Were you able to get any refunds on travel costs?
The only thing that needed to be rearranged was the flight, and since we're in the middle of COVID all those fees were waived. I ended up paying a little more for better travel times but not too much. We're staying with her family down in Peru so hopefully they don't charge us for the rebooking 🤣

Reactions: SDV and tntar heel

VN Store

Back