'21 VA WR Malcolm Johnson Jr (Auburn commit)

Thornton from Maryland is the only one that comes to mind. Other guys we're pursuing are Athletes, so it's very possible they end up at WR. So who knows?
Pushing hard for Brashard, I feel like he would be a good slot wr. If we got him and Macolm then I can two of the three gone between Merrill, Mosely, Roc

Pushing hard for Brashard, I feel like he would be a good slot wr. If we got him and Macolm then I can two of the three gone between Merrill, Mosely, Roc
You really think we'd give mosely a git? he was a super early commit and has remained steady, and he's a 4*

Reactions: MrVolton

Roc has seemed like a soft commit from the get go. I think Nixon is TE and will end up one of 3 (Seems like they’d like to get Campbell and either Wolfe or Montavao too. Sounds like they’re recruiting Bell for D). I think we take 3 WR in Mosley, Merrill, and best available (whether that’s Malcom, Brashard, the guy from MD, or Marley from NC).

Reactions: TrippieRedd
Roc has seemed like a soft commit from the get go. I think Nixon is TE and will end up one of 3 (Seems like they’d like to get Campbell and either Wolfe or Montavao too. Sounds like they’re recruiting Bell for D). I think we take 3 WR in Mosley, Merrill, and best available (whether that’s Malcom, Brashard, the guy from MD, or Marley from NC).
I'm taking a wait and see approach on some of the lower rated commits. If they get to play this fall, some could absolutely ball out. Others won't make the cut. Right now, you recruit like there will not be any high school football and sort it out later.

I'm taking a wait and see approach on some of the lower rated commits. If they get to play this fall, some could absolutely ball out. Others won't make the cut. Right now, you recruit like there will not be any high school football and sort it out later.

Yeah that definitely seems like what they’re doing. It does seem like they are going at it a little harder to recruit over current commits at certain spots more that others though, particularly at DB.

I also think position numbers for the class are fluid right now. For example, I think they take a 3rd TE That’s a difference maker over a 4th OL that may be a project.

Just wondering if Price was using wordplay? No more WRs does not necessarily apply to guys listed as Athletes, that could end up as WRs. Like Marley or Brashard.

I don’t have twitter so can’t see, but supposedly this dude is liking everything vol on twitter right now
An insider without Twitter???

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

From the Alabama 247 site:

We’ve touched on the Virginia standout several times throughout the spring as it’s become increasingly clear where he sits on UA’s wish list, which is right at the top with Leary. In our latest update with Johnson he told us he’s talked to almost every staff member at UA, he’s FaceTimed with Nick Saban on multiple occasions, and more.

We dug some more on the latest with Johnson and we’re told they recently conducted a virtual visit with the Tide staff that was led by wide receivers coach Holmon Wiggins. What consisted of that visit? Pretty much what you would think. Nick Saban spent time on video chat, then they walked throughout the facilities, meeting with different heads of different departments.

The Tide has pitched Johnson the idea that he’ll be used like Jerry Jeudy in the offense. Talking to those familiar with the recruitment, Johnson is a very good culture fit at Alabama with the way the program goes about things. He’s a high work ethic, no-nonsense type of person that meshes well with the Tide program.

Another note we’ve learned is that Johnson is currently working out with Tide defensive back Demarcco Hellams while Hellams is home during the coronavirus outbreak. With the summer visit window shrinking, sources have relayed that in-person visits -- Johnson’s March 23 visit to Alabama was cancelled — aren’t’ going to matter as much at this point with the uncertainty. It’ll be more about relationships he has with different coaches.

A decision is expected before the start of Johnson’s senior season, possibly in July. Who is the Tide’s chief competition? LSU, Auburn, Georgia, Florida, and Oklahoma, which are all pressing for the four-star wideout.

Mosley and Roc (who’s recruitment is ‘still open”). Merrill is in this class.

Reactions: TrippieRedd
From the Alabama 247 site:

We’ve touched on the Virginia standout several times throughout the spring as it’s become increasingly clear where he sits on UA’s wish list, which is right at the top with Leary. In our latest update with Johnson he told us he’s talked to almost every staff member at UA, he’s FaceTimed with Nick Saban on multiple occasions, and more.

We dug some more on the latest with Johnson and we’re told they recently conducted a virtual visit with the Tide staff that was led by wide receivers coach Holmon Wiggins. What consisted of that visit? Pretty much what you would think. Nick Saban spent time on video chat, then they walked throughout the facilities, meeting with different heads of different departments.

The Tide has pitched Johnson the idea that he’ll be used like Jerry Jeudy in the offense. Talking to those familiar with the recruitment, Johnson is a very good culture fit at Alabama with the way the program goes about things. He’s a high work ethic, no-nonsense type of person that meshes well with the Tide program.

Another note we’ve learned is that Johnson is currently working out with Tide defensive back Demarcco Hellams while Hellams is home during the coronavirus outbreak. With the summer visit window shrinking, sources have relayed that in-person visits -- Johnson’s March 23 visit to Alabama was cancelled — aren’t’ going to matter as much at this point with the uncertainty. It’ll be more about relationships he has with different coaches.

A decision is expected before the start of Johnson’s senior season, possibly in July. Who is the Tide’s chief competition? LSU, Auburn, Georgia, Florida, and Oklahoma, which are all pressing for the four-star wideout.
“Tennessee? What’s that?”

VN Store

Back