'21 VA WDE Kelvin Gilliam

“Coach [Brian] Niedermeyer came to my school and was so excited to talk to me,” Gilliam said. “He kept asking me when I was going to come down for a visit. “Later that night, he called and offered me.” Gilliam, a four-star, stands in at 6-foot-3, 255 pounds. The Highland Springs, Va. native is the ninth-rated defensive tackle prospect in the country and is a top-100 recruit nationally. “I’ve been talking with coach Niedermeyer a lot lately, but I first talked with coach [Tracy] Rocker back in the fall,” Gilliam said. “He said he really liked the way I could play.”
“It doesn’t matter where I play – I’ll play anywhere,” Gilliam said. “I want to go to a school where I can play and possibly make it to the next level. I want to be somewhere that I can grow and build into a man for the next four years.” The Highland Springs High School standout has not visited Tennessee but plans to this spring. Gilliam has not spoken with Jeremy Pruitt either, but knows what he’s looking for in a head coach and staff. “I want to play for someone who keeps it real and won’t try to sell me on something else once I get there,” Gilliam said. “I want to play for a staff that puts the kids first before football.
“I was really excited about getting the Tennessee offer and feel like I could see myself playing there for four years.”
“I’ll be taking a couple of more visits this spring, including Tennessee, and then start on my officials before too long,” Gilliam said. “I want to start narrowing down my list towards a top-10 by late summer and hope to be committed by November or December.” Gilliam plans to sign in the early signing period.
-VQ

Need to help him transfer to Alcoa or Maryville so he can play football this fall and be closer to his future college campus.

VN Store

Back