'18 VA TE James Mitchell (Virginia Tech, potential transfer)

The offenses don’t typically feature them. Your spread based focus on WRs and your pro types utilize their blocking skills more at the expense of their receiving prowess.
I feel like we’ve utilized the TE , pretty effectively this season. I’ve been pleased with the play from Warren and Fant.
GBO!!

Reactions: VAVol85 and SugarCC
Right, people don't realize how little tight ends are used in the passing game in college vs. the NFL. He actually had the 13th most receiving yards for a TE in 2020, with a 16.7 YPC (5th highest and a lot for a TE or even WR). You absolutely take this guy if he wants to come here.
He's nick-named "the colonel" at Tech. Depending on the type of injury and how well he responds to rehab he can be very valuable. CJH and CAG won't hesitate to get him. He can simply do it all and if able to get back to the level he was playing at there's not a better TE in the SEC.

I feel like we’ve utilized the TE , pretty effectively this season. I’ve been pleased with the play from Warren and Fant.
GBO!!
In comparison to forever…yeah. Cut didn’t involve them (for us) back in the day. Agree with your point…puzzling since CuznGreazey shared how pumped UCF fans were to get rid of Heupel…one reason being the non involvement of the TE in the offense. 😉 Why doesn’t he helpfully update us anymore?

Mitchell would be a difference maker against GA Bama when you need a Athletic TE to move the chains against there LB and Safety which then would allow RB out of backfield more room and outside WR more room. Yes Please. In CHRIST Alone

Mitchell would be a difference maker against GA Bama when you need a Athletic TE to move the chains against there LB and Safety which then would allow RB out of backfield more room and outside WR more room. Yes Please. In CHRIST Alone
Big time upgrade over Fant.

I have heard Heupel say more than once the tight end would play a big role in our offense here. What people fail to realize about Heupel is he wants to be able to use all his weapons because he is looking for the weak area to attack no matter where it’s at. He stretches you defensively. People try to put him in a box like he wants to pass more than run or doesn’t throw to tight ends. All that is pure bull. He attacks the weak area wherever. Like he said I don’t care if we win 52-3 or 3-0. Heupel is gonna do well here. GBO!

In comparison to forever…yeah. Cut didn’t involve them (for us) back in the day. Agree with your point…puzzling since CuznGreazey shared how pumped UCF fans were to get rid of Heupel…one reason being the non involvement of the TE in the offense. 😉 Why doesn’t he helpfully update us anymore?
I think Heupel tried to work the TE’s into the scheme more when Evans was healthy. I definitely feel that when Evans and Small both were banged up, they were used more for blocking.
And those knight fans seem like a fickle bunch...
GBO!!

Some one year rentals are worth it

Agreed but I think we just have so many holes and so many needs. I think if you get a day one starter at a premium position - then yeah. Especially if you have young players who might just need a year to develop.

Hooker for example might be a one year rental and obviously was worth it.

Meh. Don’t want to keep investing in one year rentals in the portal.
One year at a time. Like it or not, coaches who want to win and keep their jobs will take any/all the "one year rentals" that can improve their team. The portal is simply free agency in college. I'd place as much, if not more, emphasis on portal recruiting as the prep recruiting. With HS kids, you just don't know what you'll get from them when they get on the college field against equal or better talent. It also takes longer to develop. With the portal, a lot of the guesswork is taken out. Those kids have been in college, in a S&C/nutrition program. They've already acclimated to college life. The portal is our best friend right now and in the future. Hit it hard, get well fast.

VN Store

Back