'21 VA RB Trenton Adkins

kamoshika

• Ridgeview HS, Clintwood, VA
  • Junior
  • 6-1, 200
Trenton Adkins on Hudl

Adkins leads the state of Virginia in rushing with 2,084 yards (35 TDs) and is averaging around 12 ypc. Tennessee was his 1st major offer (May '18).

Ridgeview junior Trenton Adkins has been invited to join some of the nation’s elite football prospects today in Knoxville as the University of Tennessee hosts SEC rival South Carolina. It’s a good bet that Tennessee coaches and fans will be impressed by the latest feat of the 6-foot-1, 205-pound running back. With a mix of power and ankle-snapping cuts, Adkins accounted for 243 yards rushing and five touchdowns on 29 carries Friday as the Wolfpack blanked the Abingdon Falcons 41-0 in a rainy night on Rose Ridge.
PREP FOOTBALL: Adkins scores five TDs to lead Ridgeview over Abingdon, 41-0

Last edited:
Probably. But what does dominant players/teams usually do to weaker competition?

Yep, level of competition is just one gauge among many. FWIW, this same region has produced Thomas & Julius Jones (both solid NFL RBs), Heath Miller (UVA All-American & Pro Bowler TE), Justin Hamilton (Virginia Tech/NFL draftee) and James Mitchell, who's having a good year as VT's No. 2 TE. Adkins is probably the best prospect to come out of far Southwest VA since Miller.

My grandparents are from Clintwood and I spent a lot of time there growing up. Ridgeview was formed several years ago from Clintwood, Hayek, and Ervinton High Schools. Clintwood had a long and proud football tradition. As mentioned above, Justin Hamilton played there.

Traditionally, SWVA football has stacked up well against the rest of the state, however, in recent years this appears to have changed.

This kid appears to be the real deal. His numbers are astronomical and they don’t lie. He’s clearly on a different level and Tennessee needs him. Go Vols!

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Wasn't impressed when I watched him vs Union. Hope he gets to come here and balls out though.

He has gotten an offer everywhere he has camped. He is legit but not sure what position he projects to.

He is the best prospect from the area since Thomas Jones.

I don't live there anymore but played football and basketball with Involuntary's nephews.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Adkins's season was over the weekend before last, as Ridgeview was upset by Wise Central. Any idea what his final season stats are?

VN Store

Back