'24 VA RB Peyton Lewis (Tennessee)

Ok. I mean sure, if you think a 4.2 40, and 7 yards per touch, rushing, catching passes, kick returning is overhyped...knock yourself out.

Again...HAD the talent. Didn't reach the fullness of said talent. If you truly believe all the potential in the world wasn't there, you truly never saw him play.

It's nice that you throw in kick returns so his average yards per touch are inflated. Here are his career stats. He was relatively fast, but your reference to a 4.2 40-yard dash time is complete BS, just like other high school players' stated 40-yard dash times. Had he actually been invited to the NFL combine, that myth would have been laid to rest just like all the others.

Also, in 2006, the lion's share of his production came against 4 awful teams: Marshall, Memphis, Kentucky and Vanderbilt (see his 2006 game log also shown below).

1684453211674.png

1684453237512.png

1684453270456.png
1684453551012.png

Reactions: swchandler1988
Coker had the type of ability that made you hold your breath every time he touched the ball. If he had been willing to put in the work, instead of relying on natural ability, he without a doubt could have been one of the greats. Imagine Coker with Travis Stephens' drive and work ethic.
Coker had pretty good speed. He didn't break many tackles and get a lot of yards after contact.

It's nice that you throw in kick returns so his average yards per touch are inflated. Here are his career stats. He was relatively fast, but your reference to a 4.2 40-yard dash time is complete BS, just like other high school player's stated 40-yard dash times. Had he actually been invited to the NFL combine, that myth would have been laid to rest just like all the others.

Also, in 2006, the lion's share of his production came against 3 awful teams: Marshall, Kentucky and Vanderbilt (see his 2006 game log also shown below).

View attachment 552068

View attachment 552069

View attachment 552070
View attachment 552072
Normally this would be where I leave you...I don't like speaking to people who don't know what they're talking about...and, are hellbent on insisting they do; however, im gonna learn you a bit. First, I didn't add in his KO return numbers, just rushing and receiving. I was just stating he could return kicks, too...along with rushing and receiving. IF I did add his KO return numbers, which you never do whenever figuring offensive production, his avg per touch would be MORE than 7 yards.

Second, his 4.2 40 wasn't "HS BS". He ran a 4.28 at the East Coast Bowl while at Hampton, after transferring there from UT. Not high school bs. ALSO, it has been said that he ran a 4.2 during his pro day workouts. Again, not high school bs. Public record. Put in the work.

I could go on, but I'll just leave it at tearing apart your very first two points.

Coker had the type of ability that made you hold your breath every time he touched the ball. If he had been willing to put in the work, instead of relying on natural ability, he without a doubt could have been one of the greats. Imagine Coker with Travis Stephens' drive and work ethic.
This.

Normally this would be where I leave you...I don't like speaking to nonsense; however, im gonna learn you a bit. First, I didn't add in his KO return numbers, just rushing and receiving. I was just stating he could return kicks, too...along with rushing and receiving. IF I did add his KO return numbers, which you never do whenever figuring offensive production, his avg per touch would be MORE than 7 yards.

Second, his 4.2 40 wasn't "HS BS". He ran a 4.28 at the East Coast Bowl while at Hampton, after transferring there from UT. Not high school bs. ALSO, it has been said that he ran a 4.2 during his pro day workouts. Again, not high school bs. Public record. Put in the work.

I could go on, but I'll just leave it at tearing apart your very first two points.
I’m sure he’s the best running back to ever play at Hampton. That doesn’t make him make him a great player for UT.

she is? I mean the Nissan commercials are poo. But, I'm a fan of Capt Marvel. I havent noticed anything else.
EH...huge marvel fan and I'm ambivalent with her. Loved the 90's setting but there's something off about her or her performance to me. I can't even tell you what it is..just something.

Coker had pretty good speed. He didn't break many tackles and get a lot of yards after contact.
Coker had elite speed, but he wasn't here long enough for us see what might have been. His decline and love for Mary Jane started after his freshman year. He still averaged nearly 7 yards per touch (rushing/receiving) while he was here.

I’m sure he’s the best running back to ever play at Hampton. That doesn’t make him make him a great player for UT.
Coker was extraordinarily talented but a head case. Fulmer's complete loss of discipline in the program didn't help.

Just another in a long line of great talents tanked by bad behavior.

His HS team runs a I-formation with a FB. It looks like he is running against 9-man boxes and still getting yards. Might do really well in our offense against 5 or 6 man boxes.

Salem is a 5A VA school, but the level of competition looks a bit suspect. I would assume that the Roanoke/ Salem area is not nearly as talented as the Tidewater, Richmond, or suburban DC areas of VA. Still, good looking prospect.
Just based on highlights, this looks like a really good recruit. HS competition is always a factor in fans trying to make anything out of a player's video. But he does some things that we've seen translate to college. He's cut and go. He doesn't dance in the hole or any of that. He out-quicks smaller guys in the secondary. He accelerates from stop very well. And... he runs away from pursuit.

Honestly, if I were going to call something suspect in the highlights I've seen so far it would be the guys blocking for him and the playcalling.

Reactions: Volanooga2521
The best part is that this kid already has faster track times than Jaylen Wright, Dylan Sampson, and Cam Seldon. He's also already 190lbs as a high school junior, so he's not some undersized speedster. With what these coaches are bringing in, the Nico era is going to be fun for sure.
I was a little hesitant with Seldon because of the competition he faced in HS. But what he did in the spring was pretty impressive. If Lewis is on that level then UT has scored a couple of really big hits.

Seldon may very well turn out to be a 5* player the staff found with a 4* label.

Last edited:
His HS team runs a I-formation with a FB. It looks like he is running against 9-man boxes and still getting yards. Might do really well in our offense against 5 or 6 man boxes.

Salem is a 5A VA school, but the level of competition looks a bit suspect. I would assume that the Roanoke/ Salem area is not nearly as talented as the Tidewater, Richmond, or suburban DC areas of VA. Still, good looking prospect.
I grew up in Lynchburg and it's not as talented as the tidewater area obviously, but there have been a lot of D1 players to come out of the central VA/Southwest VA area. Salem has always been really good, cool to see us after someone from there.

Reactions: LittleVol
Coker had elite speed, but he wasn't here long enough for us see what might have been. His decline and love for Mary Jane started after his freshman year. He still averaged nearly 7 yards per touch (rushing/receiving) while he was here.
This, too.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
There was lots of buzz around running back Peyton Lewis this week after he informed South Carolina he wouldn’t be taking his official there next month. The truth is, Tennessee has had the momentum there for a couple of months now and he always planned on making a decision in late May. This one is trending hard toward Rocky Top.
-VQ

VN Store

Back